Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What do you do when another forum member may be ripping you off?? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What do you do when another forum member may be ripping you off?? by retroman
Started on: 09-27-2013 03:17 AM
Replies: 50 (2195 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 10-07-2013 08:15 PM
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are there any guesses as to who it might be.... Just kidding I don't think we should go there.
IP: Logged
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good Luck. Fingers crossed for you.
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes me as well.

So you were able to contact the seller recently? You spoke with them?

It's is NOT a PFF typical situation I feel. I hope. I know there seems to be a lot of stuff going on but a lot of the other peoples problems have been brewing. Not that your hasn't, but some of theirs is just starting to play out.

There have been TONS and TONS of great transaction completed here on PFF. The good ones far, far exceed the bad ones. It's just that the bad ones are discussed ALOT more frequently and no one ever really talks or posts about great deals and perfectly smooth transactions.

It's like when you get a bad haircut you will tell 10 people but when you get a great haircut you never even mention it.

I hope all ends well with this transaction for you. If there is anything any of us here can do to assist you please feel free to inquire. And I hope I can speak for others here, pls forgive me.

GL!
tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be nice to have a section where problems with vendors, or members could be worked out. Like a PFF BBB section. That way you could check a vendors reputation and see how they handle disputes. It would be helpfull for both sides.
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Problem solved. I received a full refund this morning.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad you got it resolved. It can be frustrating to buy a part and wait on it. I did that to Grantman and issued the refund. Found the parts two days after refunding. I was in the middle of moving and misplaced them. If I haven't just seen the part, I don't offer it for sale. Still not organized enough.
Hope you find the part you need.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by retroman:

Problem solved. I received a full refund this morning.

You got your money back but you still had a bad transaction. You waited over a year for something you ordered and paid for. You blackmailed the seller into giving you a refund so his name would not be known, now others might still go through what you did.
I'm glad you got your money back, but you had every right to warn everyone else who the seller was, now he remains anonymous.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Glad you got it resolved. It can be frustrating to buy a part and wait on it. I did that to Grantman and issued the refund. Found the parts two days after refunding. I was in the middle of moving and misplaced them. If I haven't just seen the part, I don't offer it for sale. Still not organized enough.
Hope you find the part you need.

After that I bought something else from Steve and got it right away. I would buy from Steve again.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DL10 has a valid point. If it was a special item that was to take time to manufacture, then you give more time. If it was a new/used part, you are more patient than I would've been. Just like BV Motorsports (?) tried to warn others at the beginning, he took heat. Bit of a sticky situation you've got, or you can ignore this thread and let it drop off.
Maybe the people that REALLY want to know, they could PM you. I'd use the feedback system. It stays with them where a post can get lost.
Thanks Grantman! I appreciated the second chance!

Originally posted by DL10:

You got your money back but you still had a bad transaction. You waited over a year for something you ordered and paid for. You blackmailed the seller into giving you a refund so his name would not be known, now others might still go through what you did.
I'm glad you got your money back, but you had every right to warn everyone else who the seller was, now he remains anonymous.

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 10-07-2013).]

retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He has already been called out in another thread, albeit more politely. I responded to that thread, and at the time still had high hopes (Even though I had placed the order last November and the thread didn't come around till July). I understand he's a busy guy, but even custom parts don't take a year to make. If anyone wants a link to that thread, I can PM it to you. My intent if the ultimatum wasn't met was to call him out publicly among other things. I agreed that I wouldn't do that if he upheld his end which he did. I said nothing about discussing it privately. With that, I'm going to let this thread go and disappear. I won't be posting anymore responses to it.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some custom cars take two years! Oh wait....maybe they take a bit longer.
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay