Started on: 09-20-2013 10:36 PM
Replies: 55 (2540 views)
Last post by: notwohorns on 11-12-2015 07:41 PM
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Plato, MO.

Actually, that's only 33 miles from the Route 66 Museum in Lebanon, Mo.
Just a thought.
Hmmm...
IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cheever and MinnGreenGT posting again!

This gives me hope that the forum has not completely been overrun with snot nosed smart mouthed kids.

I'm about ready to pull the plug on Pennock's. But there is a little hope.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you really want to have an impact on this kind of event... volunteer. Offer your time & services in any way possible. We know lots of people are hesitant to raise their hand, claiming lack of experience - but THIS is how you get experience. Not sure what you can do? Don't hesitate to ask!

Sure. I'll volunteer to do what I can. Not knowing when/where presents some difficulties. What is needed?

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 11-10-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-10-2018).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Dup post.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 11-10-2015).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nevermind....

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 11-10-2015).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Cheever and MinnGreenGT posting again!

This gives me hope that the forum has not completely been overrun with snot nosed smart mouthed kids.

I'm about ready to pull the plug on Pennock's. But there is a little hope.

Good to see you too! We "old timers" are still around. I'm working too much to spend much time chatting online these day, but still working a lot in the background on events when I can!

Originally posted by tshark:

Sure. I'll volunteer to do what I can. Not knowing when/where presents some difficulties. What is needed?

Someone at the meeting mentioned they had invited you, but never heard back. I'll shoot you a PM about the next meeting/opportunity.

Seriously, still babbling about yourself?

FYI: stuff like this isn't going to help anyone - AND it's going to make organizers question who should be allowed to have a "voice" to represent the group within our community. Think about it a little... Let's all act like mature adults, even if we're not.

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FYI: stuff like this isn't going to help anyone - AND it's going to make organizers question who should be allowed to have a "voice" to represent the group within our community. Think about it a little... Let's all act like mature adults, even if we're not.

Interesting. My comment is as good or bad as the one to which it referred. My comments have been on topic, where others in this thread have apparently posted to derail the topic. I'm not going to stand and let anyone take pot shots at me.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 11-11-2015).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interesting. My comment is as good or bad as the one to which it referred. My comments have been on topic, where others in this thread have apparently posted to derail the topic. I'm not going to stand and let anyone take pot shots at me.

FWIW - "His" comment did not directly quote you, or call you out by name... but that's totally beside my point. My point was regarding the ability to keep ones' composure and remain professional - even when under stress (or event direct fire) - specifically in the context of volunteering and/or helping to plan or run an event. I can assure that there have been more than one meeting where people have butted heads - and EVERY event comes with a full dose of controversy!

Sent you another PM...
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought this was a thread about the Fiero 35th Anniversary (sigh).

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2015 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interesting and generally logical feedback here for the most part (name-calling and general crab-assing aside). I think most people would agree that it's best to have a Fiero-related location. Unfortunately that's growing increasingly difficult (with Pontiac/Detroit, MI lacking much of a draw anymore). However there seems to be something missing from the discussion (aside from one repy)... the volunteers.

Some questions, or rather, food for thought:
• WHO creates, plans, manages, and executes these types of larger events?
• WHERE do these organizers live? The volunteers? What kind of impact does their geography have on it?
• WHEN do organizers start the planning process?
• WHO negotiates contracts & commits their signatures to them?
• WHAT kind of start up and operating costs are involved in the event itself?
• WHAT kind of operating costs are involved in the research and planning - and who pays those costs? Clubs? Volunteers? Pass these costs along to the attendees?

Carbon stated pretty clearly what is currently available for info regarding the meeting this past weekend. Planning is well underway - however no specifics will be released until contracts are negotiated & signed (what's worse than no info? BAD info). Just be assured that there is a strong desire to get things nailed down much more-quickly than the previous show - to improve long range planning for attendees and get better turnout!

If you really want to have an impact on this kind of event... volunteer. Offer your time & services in any way possible. We know lots of people are hesitant to raise their hand, claiming lack of experience - but THIS is how you get experience. Not sure what you can do? Don't hesitate to ask!

Well said.
Thank you for your past and current volunteer efforts!
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2015 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by 007DOUG:

I don't care where its held, I will be there.

Everyone,....be thankful there are VOLUNTEERS working on this. Volunteering is becoming a lost art.

Agreed.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2015 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I'm about ready to pull the plug on Pennock's.

You are not alone in those feelings. Its rapidly going downhill. Perhaps Pennocks TROLL forum would more reflect the content direction.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2015 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be what you want the forum to be.
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2015 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very much so looking forward to this event!!
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2015 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

You are not alone in those feelings. Its rapidly going downhill. Perhaps Pennocks TROLL forum would more reflect the content direction.

I hate to see people drop PFF just because of a few jerks. There is still a lot of good people here and a lot of good information. Where would you go if you do drop out?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock