T-top equipped vehicle - sunvisor question by Zerodrag
Started on: 09-14-2013 05:48 PM
Replies: 9 (266 views)
Last post by: Zerodrag on 09-15-2013 07:33 PM
Zerodrag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZerodragSend a Private Message to ZerodragEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone,
I have been looking for an answer through google as well as this forum, but have not been able to locate anything specific. My question is are the sunvisors different on vehicles equipped with a t-top? I ordered a set recently and they do not seem to go up all the way (t-top parts blocking them). I had thrown away the ones that came with the car awhile back so I was not able to compare them.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is no difference between any of them. The only way they won't fit is if you have the mounting plate on the visors mounted incorrectly.

Below are pictures of my 88 CJB

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

There is no difference between any of them. The only way they won't fit is if you have the mounting plate on the visors mounted incorrectly.

Below are pictures of my 88 CJB

I know who made them bad boys. Still lookin good!!!!!!

And yes they are 100% the same inside and out

------------------
1986 Fiero GT 1984 Corvette
1992 Bonneville SSEI 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

FieroNews

Zerodrag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZerodragSend a Private Message to ZerodragEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,
Thanks for the quick replies. I took some shots of my current setup and am not quite sure how it differs from your pics.

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoever redid your headliner used way to thick foam on it.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the visors need to be mounted a certain way, so as the angle is correct. You may want to pull the visor down and rotate the mount to see if the angle is correct. Otherwise there is no difference in visors on Fieros (when it comes to mounting).
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remove your top and take some pics of your end caps. (front and rear if you please)
For some reason they just don't look right.
Zerodrag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZerodragSend a Private Message to ZerodragEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the front and rear shots you were asking for.

Thanks

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too thought something was wrong on the caps but they are ok. It was just an optical illusion.

From what I can see the padding on the headliner is too thick and should be thinner. Also the visors you have are not stock Fiero visors and are not cut right on the outer edge. The factory ones had less of an outer edge and they fold right up.

Change the visors to a FIero OE correct visor and fix the head liner and it should be fine.

There Is only one place to screw them is so changing them may be your only choice.

All t tops used factory visors that were the same on all of the cars.
Zerodrag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZerodragSend a Private Message to ZerodragEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's actually my second set. My other set I got from the Fiero Store (I believe) and they have the same problem. That's why I am stumped.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock