Clutchnet still in business? by Chooko
Started on: 07-30-2013 02:31 PM
Replies: 11 (337 views)
Last post by: GM Shane on 08-02-2013 12:20 PM
Chooko

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChookoSend a Private Message to ChookoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When was the last time anyone did business with Clutchnet? I have been emailing and calling for over a week. My emails go unanswered, no one picks up the phone, and no one calls me back. Their answering machine message still says their name though. Has anyone talked to them recently? Are they always this difficult to talk to?

------------------

Joe

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know it's far but I ordered my clutch in May of 2012...
Chooko

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChookoSend a Private Message to ChookoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well,whadyaknow? They just called me back.
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's why I didn't buy from them. I couldn't get a hold of them and communications were slow when they did respond.
Asphalt Risin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Asphalt RisinSend a Private Message to Asphalt RisinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by smartaxel:

That's why I didn't buy from them. I couldn't get a hold of them and communications were slow when they did respond.

Odd. I dealt with them a couple of months back, and found them pretty good with communication. ...everyone has different experiences I suppose.

------------------

jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had both experiences with them. Once I got ahold of them they were pretty nice to deal with. The sales rep was very knowledgable of thier products assembly process and fitment.
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I ordered a clutch from them last year communication was great. Currently I've been waiting almost 2 weeks for a response on a relatively simple question. Hopefully I get a response soon.
sleevePAPA

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sleevePAPASend a Private Message to sleevePAPAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Customer service reviews have been spotty, some times they are awesome, sometimes terrible.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They never responded to me so I went with another brand.
GM Shane

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GM ShaneSend a Private Message to GM ShaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope they're still in business. I just spoke with Oleg last week. They sold me a sprung hub clutch whose springs interfered with the pressure plate. Good to figure it out after three months and pulling the tranny twice. They're supposedly sending me a replacement six puck clutch that will clear the pressure plate, but they haven't responded to any emails, only phone calls.

I've found that the afternoon (EDT) is the best time to get them to pick up the phone. Email and voicemails are useless
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GM Shane:

I hope they're still in business. I just spoke with Oleg last week. They sold me a sprung hub clutch whose springs interfered with the pressure plate. Good to figure it out after three months and pulling the tranny twice. They're supposedly sending me a replacement six puck clutch that will clear the pressure plate, but they haven't responded to any emails, only phone calls.

I've found that the afternoon (EDT) is the best time to get them to pick up the phone. Email and voicemails are useless

Edit:

Just saw your thread about this. What led you to believe that this was the cause? Or did you just discover it when you took the Trans out again

[This message has been edited by Jfrost (edited 08-02-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
GM Shane

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GM ShaneSend a Private Message to GM ShaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jfrost:

Edit:

Just saw your thread about this. What led you to believe that this was the cause? Or did you just discover it when you took the Trans out again

I tried three master cylinders (stock, Rodney Dickman, Duralast), three slave cylinders (stock, MR2 piston in stock body, Rodney Dickman), inspected every inch of the hydraulic line, and bled the system in every way possible so I assumed the hydraulic system was good. I got
To thinking about how the master cylinder works, and how ClutchNet makes their clutches.

The master cylinder has a relief valve in it that relieves pressure above a certain level. This pressure is caused by the pressure plate pushing back on the slave cylinder. As I understand it, ClutchNet doesn't manufacture their clutches, they buy off the shelf clutches and rebuild them with heavier duty springs and friction material.

My train of thought was that the pressure plate was built with too stiff of spring, which was tripping the relief valve and preventing me from getting full disengagement. I ordered a Duralast clutch kit, with plans to swap the pressure plate, reconnect the trans and measure the slave disengagement. Once I pulled the clutch, I found that the springs on the hub interfered with the pressure plate and that they were preventing disengagement.

I posted about it, and got some help from trotterlg (I believe, I'm on my phone so I can't check). He showed me that the organic clutch is thicker and that tr puck clutch should clear the p plate. If only ClutchNet had known that, I could have been driving my car months ago. Instead I'm waiting on them to ship me a clutch. I might just order one from eBay so I can drive the damned car finally.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock