suspension/bushing rant by spcearle
Started on: 07-05-2013 10:12 PM
Replies: 8 (270 views)
Last post by: spcearle on 07-06-2013 10:50 PM
spcearle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just have to wine here for a second.....never ever again will i do bushings on a fiero unless my life depends on it.....day 2 and i finally am down to one wheel left....if it can go wrong on these cars it has on this one....if its metal on metal its rust welded together and is not coming apart no matter what.....right down to the rear lower control arms rear mount was completely shotand half was missing while the other half broke....hopefully tomorrow i can get the last wheel pulled apart and start cleaning stuff and replacing the ball joints and bushings and do some painting to spiffy stuff up...then sunday replace all the brakes and lines and put it back together....so deff all original stuff on a almost 30 yr old car with prob over 200000 miles on everything underneeth
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I feel the same way about doing a clutch pedal, I just did one the other day. I would rather part out a Fiero before doing another clutch pedal.
Poly is no biggie to me... But then again, I have probably done it too many times.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

I feel the same way about doing a clutch pedal, I just did one the other day. I would rather part out a Fiero before doing another clutch pedal.
Poly is no biggie to me... But then again, I have probably done it too many times.

I installed new clutch pedal and bushings in the SBC car I had and was amazed at how easy it was.. now ball joints, that is whole other story..

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clutch pedal replacement is easier if you disconnect some of the under-dash electrical components and can move the harness out of harms way.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spcearle:
...if its metal on metal its rust welded together and is not coming apart no matter what.....right down to the rear lower control arms rear mount was completely shotand half was missing while the other half broke....

That's one advantage of living south of the "Manson-Nixon" (Robin Williams) line.
I have only ever had one bolt that could not be removed. That one was on a Formula I parted out that had spent most of its life on Tennessee dirt roads. (OTOH, I must have knocked loose about 10 lbs of dust.)
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sounds like a Michigan car...
spcearle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well day 3 and have all the suspension out and bushings removed.....several hours of scrubbing undercoating off off everything tomorrow i can paint press in the new bushings and reassemble....then i just need to finish the day with replacing all the brake lines and installing the new brakes and calipers and drop the tank...it should be another long day again
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
spcearle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all the bushings are removed...that was actually the easiest part of the whole job so far

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock