87 GT rebuild etc... by EvilSqueezles
Started on: 06-30-2013 09:13 PM
Replies: 5 (254 views)
Last post by: EvilSqueezles on 07-03-2013 05:03 PM
EvilSqueezles

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I've gotten a good start on the 87 GT I picked up from Deloreanant. Gonna be doing a ton of stuff to this car nd it won't be a super fast build but I figured I'd go ahead and make a thread anyways. So ill make a small list of my plans, and show some pics as I progress. Typical build thread stuff. Here we go...

-ordered a pro car kit from dipyourcar.com , gonna do the whole car in their koi orange with some black accents
- gotta remove old blown 2.8 with another stock v6 for the time being ( 3800sc swap prolly the future motor, kinda holdin out to see what else perks my interest)
- all new brakes, bent brake lines, braided lines , rotors, and calipers
- Amida dash (you'll hear from me around tax time )
- wide body from Archie himself ( you'll also hear from me come tax time )
- gotta figure out a good lowering method to fit 18s nicely ( suggestions appreciated, already plan on rear coilovers )
- mr.mikes seats
- kahines.com tail lights
- brake booster upgrade
- powdercoat cradle and front crossmember
- 3 core radiator

I know I'm missing something. But it's a build thread so I'm sure it'll get added in.

~james

[This message has been edited by EvilSqueezles (edited 06-30-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
EvilSqueezles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay lets see if I can get this picture thing to work....

This is what I saw when I picked the car up. Nothing special, just opportunity

Exactly what I had imagined when I wanted a project car.

~James

EvilSqueezles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

EvilSqueezles

397 posts
Member since Apr 2007
I've had the car for about a week now and I couldnt stand it anymore. The motor has to go!

Still in car. Looks clean enough but a thrown rod makes her useless

Workin its way out...

There she is.

Empty bay. Next step will be cleaning it all out and reworking some things to clean the look up with the new motor in.

Traditional pose in empty bay.

Thats really it for now. I've Plasti Dipped the bracket behind the sail windows and some interior pieces black, but nothing worth posting pictures yet.

~James

EvilSqueezles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

EvilSqueezles

397 posts
Member since Apr 2007
Anyone know why my links to the pictures arent working? Can right click them and open in new window just fine.

ALSO, does anyone know what these wires are? They ran up the trunk wall and were wrapped up and tied off.

~James

EvilSqueezles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well thanks to a very friendly forum member I have located a motor that should work. No one has any idea on those wires? I also have a plug that was cut although ill have to get a picture of it tomorrow to find out what it is so I can get a new plug. Is it possible to get he harness out without removing a bunch of things off the motor? I tried by had no luck so in just removing things to get it out. Nice to have spare parts anyways, but I'd rather not disassemble anything off the new motor to put the harness on if I don't have to.

~James

[This message has been edited by EvilSqueezles (edited 07-01-2013).]

EvilSqueezles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the cut wire plug was for the TPS sensor. Easy enough fix. Got most of the motor torn down today so I can release it to get the flywheel bolts out and break it free of the trans. Does no one know what the wires that ran up the trunk wall would be for?

~James

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock