Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Gauging Interest... Notchback LED Tail Lights (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Gauging Interest... Notchback LED Tail Lights by doublec4
Started on: 03-17-2013 05:36 PM
Replies: 88 (3862 views)
Last post by: doublec4 on 12-10-2013 08:14 PM
Tweeder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2013 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good fellow Canadian, wink, wink, nudge, nudge take em out and send them to me. Got a guestimate as to when they'll be ready? Also since its a DIY kit, will I be able to adapt my sequential lights already installed? Not sure how they are as they came with the car

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

[This message has been edited by Tweeder (edited 06-15-2013).]

IP: Logged
bulldog85043

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2013 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am SO looking forward to when the kit is ready!
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will there be reverse lights?
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump...any updates
stinky817

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stinky817Send a Private Message to stinky817Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, any updates???
85red2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2013 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
doublec4,
just came across this thread on your LED project, I love the look of your most recent pics, and I'm definitely interested in a set or 2 (I have multiple Fieros, lol)...
please update your progress and come up with a price list (for kit and/or completed lights)...
however, if I might make a suggestion, with the marker lights, I think it would improve an already great looking set of lights to have the strip of marker LED's continue all the way to the center on both sides to make the markers one complete ring... along the lines of the new Charger taillights

http://www.thetruthaboutcar...rger-tail-lights.jpg

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 2.8 Auto - Blackie
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 4-spd - Goldie II - To be driveable this season
1985 Fiero GT Convertible - 3.8SC 4-spd - long term project
1987 Cavalier Z24 2.8 5-spd - daily driver - 300k miles and still goin
1993 Bonneville SSEi - 3800SC parts/wiring donor for 85 Vert

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85red2m6:

doublec4,
just came across this thread on your LED project, I love the look of your most recent pics, and I'm definitely interested in a set or 2 (I have multiple Fieros, lol)...
please update your progress and come up with a price list (for kit and/or completed lights)...
however, if I might make a suggestion, with the marker lights, I think it would improve an already great looking set of lights to have the strip of marker LED's continue all the way to the center on both sides to make the markers one complete ring... along the lines of the new Charger taillights

http://www.thetruthaboutcar...rger-tail-lights.jpg

Was it this thread that you came across?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/093014.html

Right now I'm ready to put an order on the LED boards for the notchback lights. I'm going to validate the GT design next week and I'll order those LED boards next. We're getting much closer now

The Dodge tail lights are actually one of the reasons I didn't put the lights all the way across. I didn't want to imitate an existing design, rather I'd like to have something unique to our cars Plus, I've noticed on some Fieros that the taillights don't line up perfect to one another. If the lights continue all of the way across and there is a small misalignment, it will be really noticeable.
85red2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ah, OK... Fair enough...

no, I hadn't seen that thread yet, only this one, but I like the idea of the sequenced lights too...

what kind of price and packaging are we looking at? is this still just a kit or is it a complete taillight assembly?

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 2.8 Auto - Blackie
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 4-spd - Goldie II - To be driveable this season
1985 Fiero GT Convertible - 3.8SC 4-spd - long term project
1987 Cavalier Z24 2.8 5-spd - daily driver - 300k miles and still goin
1993 Bonneville SSEi - 3800SC parts/wiring donor for 85 Vert

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's still a kit. Unfortunately I don't have the time to solder hundreds of LEDs in what little spare time I have. It's hard enough soldering all of the components on those boards!

Price point is still sitting around $225 for a kit at this point.

Thanks for looking!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock