Started on: 03-14-2013 09:28 AM
Replies: 44 (2297 views)
Last post by: Thunderstruck GT on 03-10-2016 09:46 AM
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

The downside to putting plastic on it is I have seen it stick into the paint, or at least leave imprints in it. I have one friend who covered his Corvette in plastic in his garage for the winter and when he removed it, large chunks of paint were stuck to it and came off down to the primer........

Uh..... Did you notice that there was a car cover under that plastic Roger?

The point of the plastic is to keep dust and bugs out during long term (many years) storage.
IP: Logged
sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have any cleaning tips for a really dirty car cover? The black may be mold. Don't know.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I throw mine in the wash machine and wash it on gentle then in the dryer for a little while but not too long.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Uh..... Did you notice that there was a car cover under that plastic Roger?

The point of the plastic is to keep dust and bugs out during long term (many years) storage.

I wasnt referring to any photos. I simply said dont cover your car with plastic against the paint. Some people think they can just throw clear plastic or a plastic tarp over the car. I do that myself for short term, like when im just painting a part or two to keep overspray off. I never leave it on more than a few days and there usually is a coat of dust under it.

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I wasnt referring to any photos. I simply said dont cover your car with plastic against the paint. Some people think they can just throw clear plastic or a plastic tarp over the car. I do that myself for short term, like when im just painting a part or two to keep overspray off. I never leave it on more than a few days and there usually is a coat of dust under it.

Gotcha!

Yes, definitely never put plastic or a tarp directly on the car's finish other than very short term. It will ruin a finish.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock