Started on: 03-14-2013 09:28 AM
Replies: 44 (2297 views)
Last post by: Thunderstruck GT on 03-10-2016 09:46 AM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I'm in the market for a really nice car cover for having my car up at the shop and wanted to know if the one the Fiero store is the best option. I found this one on their site and I'm just not familiar. Let me know guys.

http://www.fierostore.com/P...px?s=50135A&d=30&p=1

And I would also get the bag.
Thanks,
Amir

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not even sure there are any other good alternatives (besides of course the other one they sell which is for indoor use only).

The important thing is that those are custom fitted for the Fiero. Any generic parts-store cover will technically fit, but it'll be much too tall relative to the car's length and as a result there will be way too much fabric and it'll blow around and billow up on windy days. Been there, done that.
sargeants

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sargeantsSend a Private Message to sargeantsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my Evolution cover as a B-day gift this past fall. So far, it's kept the leaves and snow off the car/paint.
I'm impressed with it so far - and definitely looks nice being moulded to the car's shape, but still gives some room in case you have any extra scoops/vents that stick out. If you get the one for the spoiler, would likely even work if you had it raised.

[This message has been edited by sargeants (edited 03-14-2013).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2013 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the same one that they used to sell (apparently don't any more) for fastback with spoiler. Fits it like a glove and works great.
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not bought that particular cover. I can tell you about the two generic ones that I have bought.

The first one I bought was a three layer cover. It lasted for one winter of lots of rain and wind. It is now so thin in many areas that you can see through the fabric. Had I paid attention when I ordered it, I would have read it was indoor or light outdoor use. It has a single cable that locks in the middle and elastic around the bottom edge on front and back.

My current cover is a 7 layer cover meant for heavy outdoor use. It have the elastic and two cables (front and rear) for securing the cover to the car. It made it through this winter well and I expect it to last many more years.

[This message has been edited by Doug85GT (edited 03-14-2013).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought two covers from FOCOA (long time ago) and they have held up remarkably well. Listed as "Falcon Car Cover" Silver All Weather " Waterproof $110 in a FOCOA 1994 magazine. Fiero logo imprinted on the hood. Good for outdoor storage. My Fieros were stored outside in the winters when I lived in NYS with the cover on..

http://www.autoanything.com...ers/60A2367A0A0.aspx may work

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 03-14-2013).]

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is what I have on my nicer Fieros. I would highly recommend them.

http://www.calcarcover.com/n_covermaterials/Dustop

Dave

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget... if you store outside with the cover on, watch for rain, then freezing temps.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The key is to buy the right cover for the kind of use you plan to use it for.

There are outside covers and indoor covers. You can use the outside for inside if you like but often you can pay less and get a cover that meets your needs better.

The other issue is material. Generally most covers are made of the same Kimberly Clark materials and they come in different levels of quality and use.

Also know that out door covers are not totally water proof. These covers need to breath and will leak a little bit. With them breathing the will dry out pretty fast.

They key to covers is to make sure to go with a custom fit as they will stay on better. Also opt for the mirror pockets or you will not be happy. In other words you do not have to buy the most expensive cover but do not cheap out either.

Go to one of the cover companies like Cover Craft and read about the levels of materials and make the right choice for you and get a good custom fit.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

Dave

I want to say I got one of these from eBay as well. Snug custom fit and quality material for sure.

project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:
So I'm in the market for a really nice car cover for having my car up at the shop....

...And I would also get the bag.

I could guess at the protective purpose of the car cover you'd prefer, as well as its projected outdoor versus indoor use at your shop, but I won't, because I'm pressed for time.

Instead, suffice to say...

• "Evolution" is a quality car cover material made by Kinberly-Clark that I've used successfully for a long time, and "Covercraft" a respected car cover brand name ( http://www.webcovers.com/evolution-car-covers ).

• The following website has a page listing that as well as other Fiero car covers at reasonable prices (and free shipping) that may be of interest to you: http://www.webcovers.com/co...covers/pontiac/fiero .

• My most recently purchased car cover, the "Form Fit Car Car Cover", is very form-fiitting (as correctly implied by its name), exceptionally soft, and comes with its own separate storage bag (a feature you'd mentioned an interest in), but that cover is for indoor use, as is clearly noted in this website's description for it: http://www.webcovers.com/form-fit-car-covers .
Good luck to you with whatever car cover you elect to purchase for your purposes.
PFF
System Bot
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

Dave

I didn't realize that their prices came down a lot! I paid over $300 for a dustop. I'll probably pick up a custom weave for my orange car.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also remember a good cable and lock. When I was using a cover, I found a couple of occasions when it attempted to grow legs and walk away. Bunched up on the ground on a windless day.....hmmmm..
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your looking for an outdoor cover, this is the very best you can get and well worth the extra price. I have several of them for my show cars I keep outside.

http://www.calcarcover.com/...x?cname=All&ct=Both# Look at SUPERWEAVE.
"Superweave
Providing the premium in outdoor, all-weather storage protection; Superweave is our most UV resistant, water resistant and weather resistant cover. The versatile Superweave material features unsurpassed moisture, dust and pollutant protection. The encapsulation technology goes INSIDE the fabric, around the fibers, resulting in a silky smooth finish that glides over fine paint finishes. Superweave is also dust-proof so it will keep your vehicle clean whether it is stored indoors or out. It still remains exceptionally breathable, allowing moisture, condensation and heat to easily escape from under the cover. When rain hits the cover it simply runs right off and any moisture left on the cover will usually dry in about 10 minutes. Its unique lightweight design also enables it to fold up to 1/3 the size of your typical outdoor car cover (about the size of a sweatshirt or jacket), but does not take away from its ability to protect your automobile's finish. The material is also easy to care for because it is the only fabric that is washer and dryer safe. 4-year limited warranty. The Superweave can be ordered in one or two-tone color combinations. Available in Black, Bright Blue, Grey, Sky Blue, Green, Red, Taupe and Yellow. Motorcycle covers are also available in the Superweave material; in Black, Grey and Taupe - single color designs only. Made in the U.S.A."

They are nearly waterPROOF. If you park your car outside under this cover clean, it will be the same way months later even if its been packed with snow and rained on. They custom make it to fit your specific car like a glove....wings, spoilers, chopped top, mirror pockets, etc. Even a wide range of color choices or logos. They are very lightweight and fold up to fit in a small bag about the size of a grocery bag. Id also order a couple of the clips/ straps to hold more firmly than just the elastic at the front and rear...there only like $13 more. Wind will never blow it off unless its a full blown hurricane. They have a 4 year warranty. The one for my Dodge Superbee was $260.

All the other covers I ever bought left the car wet and filthy when I took them off. That includes Noah and all the others. To me the only good thing on others is they are thicker to pad the body a bit from minor dings/damage and are only good for storing indoors. I had Noah covers for my TA and a Corvette. If they were covered and it ever rained or snowed, the cars needed washed before Id even drive them. They stayed cleaner just left in the open uncovered.

http://www.calcarcover.com/...over_Tie_Down_System

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 03-15-2013).]

sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 04:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is an old topic, but it closest meets my needs. I am looking for a high quality car cover to protect from intense sun, but also has to protect from some snow and rain (Tennessee). I have been looking at Covercraft WeatherShield HD . It is pricey and I will buy it if it is the right one for the job. Are there any other cheaper alternatives with the same protection? I would appreciate your recommendations.

[This message has been edited by sjmaye (edited 09-15-2014).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have a look at this web page. This is a list of covers that will fit the Fiero. The link goes directly to generic covers for a fastback with a spoiler. Go to the home page, and select your details for notchies, no spoiler ect.

The site has 12 covers available, priced from $59 all the way up to $365 depending on what you need.

If you want a custom fit cover, specifically custom tailored for the Fiero, click the check box on the left for "Made to Order, Custom Fit". The price then ranges between $154 to $366.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 09-15-2014).]

sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Have a look at this web page. This is a list of covers specific for the Fiero. The link goes directly to a a cover for a fastback with a spoiler. Go to the home page, and select your details for notchies, no spoiler ect.

The site has 12 covers available, priced from $59 all the way up to $365 depending on what you need.

Thanks, John. I have seen this site. I was looking for personal experiences with various car cover brands when used in intense sun. Have you used this brand in that type of application?

------------------

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 05:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, I have not, but the customer reviews are a good place to start. There are tons of reviews for each of the covers. Not specific to the fit of the Fiero, but to the look / feel / durability of each price range.
jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:
Any generic parts-store cover will technically fit, but it'll be much too tall relative to the car's length and as a result there will be way too much fabric and it'll blow around and billow up on windy days. Been there, done that.

Not to mention that loose fabric brushes around on your paint day in and day out - sweeping up and grinding any dirt/contaminants in the paint into the finish.... learned the hard way that they can be as evil as car bras.
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just picked up a custom weave for my orange and black car and I like the cover as much as I like the car.

http://www.calcarcover.com/...mweave%20Car%20Cover

Dave

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A guy in our club was trying to get us together to do a group buy on some white Tyvek car covers. He was very impressed with how long they last and that they kept interior temps way down. We never did do the group buy thing and the whole idea was dropped at our meetings. I do want to try them out though.
Kit

[This message has been edited by Kitskaboodle (edited 09-15-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have this cover for my Fiero, but only a 3 layer one as my car is always inside.

Fits absolutely perfectly, goes just under both bumpers and the ground effects, just above the bottom of the wheels (not tires).
No complaints whatsoever, keeps the dust off the car when I'm not working on it since I can't drive it yet.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still recommend the same one I have already. Ive had cars that were covered for months and sat out in the snow and rain. The cars were always as clean as the day they were parked, didnt even need dusted off. Ive tried them all at one time or another. I tried a Wolf and it used now to cover my yard tractor...Id never put it on a nice car. Like I said, the car I bought it for was always dirtier when I took the cover off than if Id not put one on in the first place...so dirty in fact they needed buffed out with compound before I put it in a show.
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2014 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I still recommend the same one I have already. Ive had cars that were covered for months and sat out in the snow and rain. The cars were always as clean as the day they were parked, didnt even need dusted off. Ive tried them all at one time or another. I tried a Wolf and it used now to cover my yard tractor...Id never put it on a nice car. Like I said, the car I bought it for was always dirtier when I took the cover off than if Id not put one on in the first place...so dirty in fact they needed buffed out with compound before I put it in a show.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Roger- From what i am reading I am considering both your California Car Cover Superweave HD and the Covercraft WeatherShield HD . Do you or anyone else know anything of the WeatherShield HD and how it compares?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2014 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I honestly never tried the Weathershield brand so I cant say. I just know after all of them I bought, I stopped looking when I found the one that worked perfectly, and they are custom fitted to your exact car and its options to fit like a glove. On your order, you tell them what spoilers,wings, and non oem mirrors you have along with anything else that may change the cars profile. They even alter your cover for a luggage rack if you have one.
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2014 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Impressive. Thank you, Roger.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the Evolution car cover from TFS. Not particularly pleased. I got it for outdoor use. The cover does fit. I believe the cover is 4 years old now, but it's basically rags. The first few months it was OK. The car sits in a carport, but the cover was to cut down on pollen and leaves. Well, it does cut down on leaves, but the car is still dirty--particularly wherever the cover touches. The seams came apart after the first year. Anywhere moisture froze on the cover, the cover froze to the car. If the cover was moved, these places tore loose, and left that piece of the cover on the car. I tried using a hair dryer, but that damages the cover. Getting the pieces off the car isn't fun. I waited months, and then tried to wash them off. That didn't work. The car was cleaner without the cover.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Out door car covers in harsh weather will only last a few years depending on your car and use of them.

The key to getting the right cover is to go to a cover web site like Covercraft or California car covers.

Look a the options available and pick the one most suited to your needs. The key to the outside is UV protections, good fit and breathable. There are several heavy covers that do well for outside. Note none are waterproof. Being breathable can mean some moisture can get through.

If you are inside you can still use an out door cover or get a lighter cover for indoor that is easier to install and store.

The key to this is educate yourself on this and not just listen to what someone on the web says. Some may not have the same values or needs and others are just clueless. Covers are not hard to understand and reading up on the may options of fabric will bring you the cover that works the best.

Do stick with a custom cover as universals are not worth the money..
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dunno that it's been harsh here in the lasst few years. I'm leaning toward the cover Roger recommended.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might note Weathershield is not really a brand but really a type of cover made and sold by Covercraft.

It is a good cover but like I said go to the Covercraft or California Car Cover web site or one of the other brands and see what style and model fits your needs. All most all of them use the same materials from Kimberly Clark. Often the only difference is the cut and pattern.

I laugh at some folks who say one brand is worse than another and yet they never realize it is the very same material.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 02-07-2016).]

Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might look at the AutoAnything.com site. They have a wide selection of all the popular covers listed in this post, with reviews. Additionally, they often have 20% off sales that combined with free shipping and in most cases no sales tax make them very competitive on final cost. They do a great job of offering almost every cover out there from basic no fit covers to the high end stretch to fit styles.

The Covercraft Evolution (fitted for your Fiero) is a great indoor cover that should last a long time. It's a bit heavy and bulky for use while traveling. Can't vouch for its outdoor use or durability.

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 02-09-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can't go wrong with California car cover. They fit like a glove and can custom make a cover to fit your needs, such as spoiler or hood scoop etc. My brother had one for his Porsche and his Aston Martin, the will also custom embroider it for you if you wish.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm really happy with my Coverking indoor cover. Fits very well.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Calif Car cover on my SuperBee always outside in the weather was still like new after 5 years of everyday use, and sold it with the car. Its also nice and easy to take off and on, folds up to the size of a briefcase. The light gray was good at reflecting sun heat and light.
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying a Tyvek cover now. I've already been down the road of expensive 'fabric' type cover and the squirrels ate holes in two different covers. Seems that the fluffy inside of the cover makes a nice nest.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I found with the expensive cloth covers like Noah, etc, is their ability to breath was their downfall. Out in the rain for any longer than a few minutes and the rain seeped thru the cover carrying all the dirt and crap on the cover with it. When you pulled the cover off, it looked like you pulled it out of the bottom of a river. I dont know if its smaller holes or what but the one I recommended dont get ANY water under it, even if you spray it with a hose. I do recommend the clip on extra tie downs that will keep it from flapping in strong winds. I didnt lose my cover at all when we had a windstorm with 70mph winds a few years back.
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ultimately bought a Covercraft Weathershield HD. It seems to work OK. The car was parked under some nasty trees for about 2 years. The car cover got pretty dirty black. Not sticky. Just black. I tried washing it per the instructions, but no luck. Is there something more I can do to get it back to looking good?
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$20.00 ones from WalMart

Put them on and a thin sheet of plastic over it for long term storage. Only time I do anything different is on my black cars, then I put a folded blanket on the top prior to the cover and plastic.

I've been doing it this way for decades and on cars valued from $10,000.00 on up to the '89 Testarossa I use to have. Spending stupid money on a car cover is, well, stooopid!

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The downside to putting plastic on it is I have seen it stick into the paint, or at least leave imprints in it. I have one friend who covered his Corvette in plastic in his garage for the winter and when he removed it, large chunks of paint were stuck to it and came off down to the primer...im talking foot square areas. The cover I recommend is NOT cloth...its a special breathable material...moisture can breathe out, but nothing goes in. Its also not a plastic. Note, never put a cover on paint that has not fully cured at least several months. One year we had a lot of snow and ice and super cold. My SuperBee was under the cover for a couple of months. When I uncovered it, it was as clean as when I covered it...didnt even need to wipe it off.
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use car covers from a company up in Michigan that has a primary business of making custom boat tarps and covers. http://www.micarcovers.com/car-cover-fabrics

I have bought the Durafin fabric for many years and these covers are very high quality and very heavy in construction. The cover extends down around the bottom of the car with a very robust elastic band that pulls the cover around the bottom of the car and covers the tires.

The inside liner is thick soft flannel and the outside is thick canvas. Perfect cover for indoors but is also rated for minor outdoor use.

For $220 the protection this cover provides against minor oh craps is well worth the price. Nothing but the best for the one of a kind prototypes.

Fred
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock