Fiero Hot wheels by wingman
Started on: 03-10-2013 04:50 PM
Replies: 40 (2205 views)
Last post by: FIERO JOHN-WI on 03-28-2022 01:29 PM
wingman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wingmanClick Here to visit wingman's HomePageSend a Private Message to wingmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys and gals.
I havent been on here in years..and i must say i still miss all my fieros!!!
i did a video on youtube about Hot Wheels Fiero's and pointing out some of mattels flaws.
though you all might enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKG6rKeCB0o
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh oh oh I'm all over this post!

Nice collection you have there in the backdrop. Nice Fieros also.

Seen these? I posted them in the Other Mall section awhile ago. Not really in a big hurry to part with them anymore though. These are preproduction cars. Both cars have differences in them from their public release counterparts. I'm pretty proud of them

Cool video. I'm going to go watch again. Do you have any rares? I'm sorry but I'm always looking...sigh I need help.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats so cool. Ive never seen a fastback hotwheels

I have once seen a fastback car model on ebay price spiked up and never saw another one
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Oh oh oh I'm all over this post!

Nice collection you have there in the backdrop. Nice Fieros also.

Seen these? I posted them in the Other Mall section awhile ago. Not really in a big hurry to part with them anymore though. These are preproduction cars. Both cars have differences in them from their public release counterparts. I'm pretty proud of them

Cool video. I'm going to go watch again. Do you have any rares? I'm sorry but I'm always looking...sigh I need help.

I've never seen a delorean hotwheels before, very cool
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, at first glance I thought it was a Fast Back Fiero as well ! !

Nice video, amazing the work and research that goes into making a hotwheel, and to screw up the side the air intake is on. They have to work from photo's and illustrations of the real thing, and no way the intake was wrong on those!

[RANT]
What is the deal with everything ever release being just Notch Backs! The 1/20th die cast cars, 99.9 of all hot wheels. About the only thing I can find in a fastback version are plastic model kits. No Fastback love for sure
[/RANT]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

LOL, at first glance I thought it was a Fast Back Fiero as well ! !

Nice video, amazing the work and research that goes into making a hotwheel, and to screw up the side the air intake is on. They have to work from photo's and illustrations of the real thing, and no way the intake was wrong on those!

[RANT]
What is the deal with everything ever release being just Notch Backs! The 1/20th die cast cars, 99.9 of all hot wheels. About the only thing I can find in a fastback version are plastic model kits. No Fastback love for sure
[/RANT]

There is probably only one hotwheels brand mold they just reused, and the notchback was first so thats what they release.
It is odd though since there is a fastback Fiero off road battle / madmax type car.
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think my favorite 1:64 Fieros are these (picture borrowed)

I have a few of them, the yellow 2m4, and a couple others.
REALLY like that Boulevard model!

------------------
~Michael
'85 GT 4sp white - SOLD | | '85 2M6 Auto red - SOLD | | '84 2M4 bare chassis - SOLD
Crap, I'm out of Fieros! Time to buy another!! - "Your mileage may vary."
WTB: Formula 5sp

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:

REALLY like that Boulevard model!

Me too! That's why I scarfed them all up that I could. I bought almost every one of them on Ebay and what not last summer. When at first I started buying them they were around $5-6 shipped. Now they are more and people are starting to list them as limited edition and rare and such. I have about 100 at last count. ALL mint new in package.

Told you I need help...

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!

Gonna have to pick a couple up.
I wish the 2-tone ones had the same wheels on them.
wingman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wingmanClick Here to visit wingman's HomePageSend a Private Message to wingmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nothing to rare in our collection.some larry wood signed pieces,and some really hard to find color redlines.i do have most of the 1973 redline set..just missing a few.can justify the $600 to $800 per car..yet lol
wingman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wingmanClick Here to visit wingman's HomePageSend a Private Message to wingmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wingman

1006 posts
Member since Jul 2002
weloveour86se were did you find preproduction stuff??? id love to get my hand on some
PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wingman:

weloveour86se were did you find preproduction stuff??? id love to get my hand on some

Honestly from a guy in Malaysia. No B.S. And he has more last we spoke!!! I can't get a hold of him any more though. I think a certain website/employer has banned/caught onto him. We were mid deal on a SICK preproduction Vette!! Man I wish I could get ahold of him!

edit to add...Wingman I sent you a PM

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 03-11-2013).]

Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess we know what you'll be handing out for Christmas next year. Perfect stocking stuffers!

I got a 1/64 diecast fiero at walmart a ways back. It was from some "american graffiti" line of cars. I'm pretty sure it's just a fancy box so they can charge more. It is nice though as it has plastic tail lights and some nice detail including rubber tires. Of course the rims needed updating.... I tried getting a picture by the beach but it turned out a bit fuzzy.

Here's the new rims with a harder compound tire. I believe they came off a honda hotwheels.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome wheel swap^^^^. Nice work. Any pics of the car when you had it apart? Is it basically same as a HW? Great looking work. Nice Ipod usage BTW.

Heres a swap I did recently. Nice, fun, easy project on a cold snowy day. Stock on the left, swapped on right and donor in back.

wingman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wingmanClick Here to visit wingman's HomePageSend a Private Message to wingmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
great custom work!!!
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any pics of the car when you had it apart? Is it basically same as a HW? Great looking work. Nice Ipod usage BTW.

No, I didn't think to take any pics of the inside. I don't think it's the same as the hotwheels version....most notably the smaller sunroof in mine. No, I didn't put in an aftermarket sunroof as an upgrade, just the wheels...it came out of the package with that sunroof . I'll pull it apart again and takes some pics for you tomarrow. It's easy to do as it is put together with two small screws instead of the hotwheels smushed rivit technique.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all I started customizing hotwheels a while back too in this thread :

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...100421-6-062441.html
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Hey all I started customizing hotwheels a while back too in this thread :

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...100421-6-062441.html

Awesome work!! You did a great job. Thanks for sharing the link. Digging your Dremel work.

Now to figure out how to do the same with those God awful Hotwheels StingRods. You know the dumb machine guns and such. Turn it into a regular fastback somehow. I think some filler would be needed. I don't have one loose so I haven't looked too far into it. I bet there would be some happy fastback owners though.

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awesome work!! You did a great job. Thanks for sharing the link. Digging your Dremel work.

Now to figure out how to do the same with those God awful Hotwheels StingRods. You know the dumb machine guns and such. Turn it into a regular fastback somehow. I think some filler would be needed. I don't have one loose so I haven't looked too far into it. I bet there would be some happy fastback owners though.
http://i757.photobucket.com...1188_zpsf277565d.jpg

Top left, if that a "Dole" car?!
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sooo funny you post this.....when inbetween my construction jobs i work for my old boss landscaping.
well a few months ago i noticed something sticking out the ground where his shop is. wheels up
sooo funny a find in his yard. now even more so seeing as i own 2 Fieros.
did they ever make a Fiero Mera hot wheels ha!

interesting enough...mine does not have the flag paint on the front lid....but it has the gold wheels.
the date on the bottom says 1984, too......humm
ohhhh i bet this is the rare Million dollar.....ahhhhh whatever.
it was cool to find in a place i have stood for almost 2 decades prior to owning a Fiero

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-14-2013).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

did they ever make a Fiero Mera hot wheels ha!

"They" haven't but I am. Soon, hopefully very soon. I will unveil my triple top secret winter project. Meras included. I hate to open the carded one on the left, it is mint from 82! The Hot Ones on the package is a sticker from when HO's were just coming out!

PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:

Top left, if that a "Dole" car?!

That's a Matchbox Protech Gary B IMSA on cut card. It came in a 3 pack. I prefer carded cars. Loose are nice too!

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"They" haven't but I am. Soon, hopefully very soon. I will unveil my triple top secret winter project. Meras included. I hate to open the carded one on the left, it is mint from 82! The Hot Ones on the package is a sticker from when HO's were just coming out!

very nice indeed....when you Unveil you super triple top secret Mera you have to post one in the "Mera In Paradise' thread
that would be a hoot
that 1982 (Left) is real nice lookin......spot on accurate to the 308.
especially the way it sits low in the rear. the New(er) unboxed ones seem to be more like my Mera with huge gaps in the wheelwells

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
*edit*
whoops double post post....way toooo much coffee this morn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks. Not a bad idea. Alot of work, but someday I should peek at trying that!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by batousai666:

interesting enough...mine does not have the flag paint on the front lid....but it has the gold wheels.

Maybe the cereal box edition?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot...&hash=item5aef241c6d
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Maybe the cereal box edition?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot...&hash=item5aef241c6d

wow!! so it is rare(er) than not. story of my life....i got a 1987 Mera sight unseen (minus 4 ad pictures) off ebay from FL one of 88 and its proving to be #2 as in the 3rd one made if one counts the 1986 prototype and i do. then i got a black 1987 Fiero for the 3800 SC swap for a steal that turns out to be the rare(er) 1987 only blue RPO code U21......hot dog my luck knows no bounds thanks for the info!!
its funny how this kinda stuff always seems to happen

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes!! I just won this one on Ebay Stoked! Mint in package with an unpunched card. Hopefully it makes it here...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290...id=p3984.m1439.l2649
Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Out of the blue my brother gave me this last weekend. He used to have a couple Fieros back in the mid 90s. He's a big part of the reason I bought a Fiero for my Quad 4 swap. It's interesting how Mattel handled the details on the underside of the car. The exhaust looks very much like my Quad's exhaust will look, if I ever get my swap finished.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just found the new Boulevard Hot Wheel Fiero in the Orange and Gray today.

I got 5 for $10 at the custom car show. I should have bought the rest but skipped it.

It looks good!
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I just found the new Boulevard Hot Wheel Fiero in the Orange and Gray today.

I got 5 for $10 at the custom car show. I should have bought the rest but skipped it.

It looks good!

Orange and gray... I'll have to keep my eye out for that one. I have the red Boulevard one and the 80's orange one with graphics on it.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 03-16-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seen this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201...&hash=item1e78fb62af

Theres a new Fiero coming out? Or is seller mistaken??
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2013 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Seen this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201...&hash=item1e78fb62af

Theres a new Fiero coming out? Or is seller mistaken??

It is do in early April but is not a lock. The web site said this could change with out notice. We will just have to watch for a white Fiero. It would be an easy one for them to make,

http://www.1stopdiecast.com...troEntertainment.htm

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG @ this!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot...&hash=item51aab14b7b

Sadly this one is out of my budget right now. If it were in the budget I definitely wouldn't be posting it here NOT mine BTW. Wish it were. I have this one already but it's on a cut card, it can be seen in a pic I posted above. That complete uncut package would definitely look sweet in any collection. Imagine how few of these there must be left in this shape.

Added to my Ebay watch list. This should be interesting.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many mini vehicles are in your collection?
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My newest, among others, acquisitions.

I know, I know...not Hot Wheels but I thought that they warranted sharing here. First time I have ever seen the Ertl version carded.

Pretty cool packaging on the Ertl's. I couldn't find a date of manufacture and haven't had any time to research them yet. Has anyone else seen these? Know anything about them?
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At the 30th there was a display of Fiero Toys and they had a loose ERTL like yours that I inquired about and was told it was given to plant employee's and that you had to work at the plant to get one. Not sure if this is true or if I'm mistaken with another car but you might want to check with mmayer as he is super knowledgeable about fiero toys.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a couple of fiero toys about 10 legal boxes full of rare and regular grade stuff. i have spoken with cliff about making a place on this site about all the different fiero toys out there so we can have a "virtual" museum of them. man it would probably take me better part of a week to catalog it all. the 4 most expensive fieros out there are 3 variations of leo hotwheels made in india a blue, white, and green one and the solid gold fiero wich they made about 200 of in the 80's as a special collector edition. the leo hotwheels out of box usually go for about $150-180 each and the gold one i saw sold for $250 that is a lot of clams for a toy car when you can get a non rusted frame here in cali for 500 or so.
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2022 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the YouTube πŸ‘ My Little collection over the years from flea market and yard sale , don’t mind the Mini 😁 lol .
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2022 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock