Started on: 02-26-2013 01:09 PM
Replies: 99 (1969 views)
Last post by: Old Lar on 07-10-2013 11:03 PM
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, they leave Chattanooga, TN on Friday, June 7 and arrive at the venue in North Concord, NC later that same day.

Gwen (Phil's wife)
IP: Logged
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, Gwen. Have you and Phil changed your minds about attending?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the driving directions, with departure times listed.
http://image.automotive.com...ections%20051713.pdf

For Friday, June 7th:
FRIDAY MORNING, JUNE 7th
7:00 AM DEPARTURE Chattanooga State
Chattanooga, TN to North Concord, NC
TURN RIGHT ON AMNICOLA HWY OUT OF CHATTANOOGA STATE
0.4 mi Turn Right for TN-319N / DuPont Pkwy
2.9 mi Merge Right onto TN -153 South
10.4 mi Fork Left for I-75 North / Knoxville
26.7 mi Exit 20 – US-64 East / Cleveland, go right at end of ramp. This road becomes US-74 East. Stay on this road. DO NOT take exit for US-64/US-11 when you see it.
33.0 mi Exit for US-64 East – Ocoee (this is also US-74E)
Follow US-74 East all the way heading to I-40.
In Town of Murphy, continue to follow US-74E/NC-19N. BUT you will still end up following signs for US-74E to I-40/Asheville
177.0 mi Merge onto I-40 East/Asheville
301.0 mi Exit 152A – I-77 South / Charlotte
318.6 mi Exit 33 – NC-21 North. Go right at end of ramp (Williamson Rd)
320.8 mi Turn Right NC-1100/Brawley School Rd.
321.6 mi Turn Left on Rolling Hill Rd.
321.8 mi LUNCH STOP – ROUSH YATES
297 Rolling Hill Rd. Mooresville, NC
BACK TO HRPT ROUTE – head back to I-77 South
340.1 mi Exit 13A – I-85 North/Greensboro
351.0 mi Exit 49–Bruton Smith Blvd, right at end of ramp
352.4 mi ARRIVE ZMAX DRAG STRIP
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That route will take them past the 1996 Olympic White Water Venue and about 50 miles south of The Dragon, through Murphy, Andrews,, Franklin and up near Cherokee, Sylva and Waynesville, NC. Mostly 4-lane roads after passing the white water venue. Very scenic area all the way.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 05-22-2013).]

Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're taking a break from Power Tour this year. Thought about just going to the last stop in Charlotte to see everyone we know, but decided against that. We'll be going to the 30th Fiero anniversary show this year.

Gwen (Phil's wife)
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That last day is about a six hour drive. Then go drag racing? I'd be beat by that time and would not drive the car that I'd be racing. I'm for cruising anymore and the 30th is an event that I won't miss.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whose going to be in Memphis? really contemplating driving down there from Chicago for the day

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

Power Tour Long Haul 2009, 10 (muscle car)
Power Tour Long Haul 2011, 12 (Fiero)

Trying to make at least one stop 2013(Fiero)

Super Duty Critter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Super Duty CritterClick Here to visit Super Duty Critter's HomePageSend a Private Message to Super Duty CritterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So who had the blue notchie traveling down I30 through Arkansas today? I passed you. You were traveling with a blue fourth gen Trans Am. Anyway, nice car.

I ended up driving the wife's Solstice GXP. The TA had AC problems and it is Texas in June. The Fiero is still running like crap but that's another thread. Sad, because I really wanted to drive it.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone from Georgia planning to be in Chattanooga on the morning of the 7th? I'm planning to drive with the tour over to the area of Sylva, NC.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talk about pulling it together at the last minute. I just finalized my travel plans last night.
I'll be catching the tour from Birmingham AL - Concord NC.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any Pff'rs made it to the starting place (Arlington, Tx)?

A few of us from NTFC will be walking the show field looking at all the great cars.
hopefully we'll run into a few of you.

our plan still pending on the Pres, but we should be there around lunch time. we'll look around
and hopefully leave before the bad weather is suppose to roll in later in the day, probably grab
an early dinner.
PFF
System Bot
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Talk about pulling it together at the last minute. I just finalized my travel plans last night.
I'll be catching the tour from Birmingham AL - Concord NC.

I will see you in Birmingham and Chattanooga. I pmed u my number call me while at one of those stops.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ltlgt88

448 posts
Member since Aug 2010

Originally posted by Super Duty Critter:

So who had the blue notchie traveling down I30 through Arkansas today? I passed you. You were traveling with a blue fourth gen Trans Am. Anyway, nice car.

I ended up driving the wife's Solstice GXP. The TA had AC problems and it is Texas in June. The Fiero is still running like crap but that's another thread. Sad, because I really wanted to drive it.

Sent you a pm
86gt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gt3800Send a Private Message to 86gt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

Any Pff'rs made it to the starting place (Arlington, Tx)?

A few of us from NTFC will be walking the show field looking at all the great cars.
hopefully we'll run into a few of you.

our plan still pending on the Pres, but we should be there around lunch time. we'll look around
and hopefully leave before the bad weather is suppose to roll in later in the day, probably grab
an early dinner.

I will be there

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Power Tour site is very difficult to navigate. I have a couple of questions for those in the know.

I can't find who the celebrity is this year. Anyone know who it is?
To just go and ride along with the tour, do you need to register and pay a registration fee?
Is there a charge to walk through and look at the cars on the tour?
Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

The Power Tour site is very difficult to navigate. I have a couple of questions for those in the know.

I can't find who the celebrity is this year. Anyone know who it is?
To just go and ride along with the tour, do you need to register and pay a registration fee?
Is there a charge to walk through and look at the cars on the tour?

You can drive along with the tour- it's all public roads you just can't park in the venue. You have to park in the spectator area. There is no charge to walk through to see the cars and the vendors
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Phil. I was wondering how they could keep other vehicles out of the string once they got on the road.

Now, does anyone know who's leading the tour? Titus, Foose, Boyd, Patrick ?
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only saw 2 Fieros.
Super Duty Critter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Super Duty CritterClick Here to visit Super Duty Critter's HomePageSend a Private Message to Super Duty CritterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Red notchie and GT with a V8 conversion, right? Saw them as well.

Kid in the notchie was cool. We talked for a while. Nice family traveling with him. Mom was driving dad in a fourth generation TA.
86gt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gt3800Send a Private Message to 86gt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only saw the v8 conversion. It looked good. The Lamborghini that was there looked good aswell
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only saw one, the red bumper pad one.

what lot was the other one in?
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i like the UTE

A 1275hp, 727 cu in Holden that ran only a 10.2, WTF!

The new Chevy SS

An All-Wheel drive Impala.

One of my favorite, an BMW M3 w/LS3

Some kind of a kit on a Miata

A lot freaking nice cars...

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 06-01-2013).]

86gt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gt3800Send a Private Message to 86gt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86gt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gt3800Send a Private Message to 86gt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86gt3800

113 posts
Member since Feb 2011

Super Duty Critter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Super Duty CritterClick Here to visit Super Duty Critter's HomePageSend a Private Message to Super Duty CritterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I could have shared a link to the pictures I took today. Mostly Pontiacs since that's where my interest lies.

http://www.arkansaspontiacs.org/2013HPRT/index.htm
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I guess I could have shared a link to the pictures I took today. Mostly Pontiacs since that's where my interest lies.

http://www.arkansaspontiacs.org/2013HPRT/index.htm

nice pics.

where was your car i looked for it but didn't see it?

anybody know how many cars where there today?

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 06-01-2013).]

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tom Slick

4342 posts
Member since May 2003

Originally posted by 86gt3800:

i definitely miss that one.

what did it do, just drive thru the show field and left? lol...
Super Duty Critter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Super Duty CritterClick Here to visit Super Duty Critter's HomePageSend a Private Message to Super Duty CritterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm embarrassed to say that we are attending in the wife's Solstice GXP. Not that it's not a great car but the TA had some issues after racing in Memphis last month and the Fiero is giving me fits! I think I've got it tracked down to bad injectors. So the Sol had to carry us through this year. If you see an Envy green GXP with a luggage rack, that's us. You can know for sure because she has a license plate frame that says "This is NOT my husband's car!"
86gt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gt3800Send a Private Message to 86gt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

i definitely miss that one.

what did it do, just drive thru the show field and left? lol...

my wife and I took the versa. my fiero isnt running at the moment. we went around 3:45. saw the Gallardo pull in and we walked thru the grounds for about 45 minutes before we found it. there were people setting in it and spectators getting in and out of it. I enjoyed going to the show. really glad there was atleast one fiero there.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm embarrassed to say that we are attending in the wife's Solstice GXP. Not that it's not a great car but the TA had some issues after racing in Memphis last month and the Fiero is giving me fits! I think I've got it tracked down to bad injectors. So the Sol had to carry us through this year. If you see an Envy green GXP with a luggage rack, that's us. You can know for sure because she has a license plate frame that says "This is NOT my husband's car!"

i saw that car but for some reason i thought it was suppose to a yellow one. guess i got it mixed up with some one else.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tom Slick

4342 posts
Member since May 2003

my wife and I took the versa. my fiero isnt running at the moment. we went around 3:45. saw the Gallardo pull in and we walked thru the grounds for about 45 minutes before we found it. there were people setting in it and spectators getting in and out of it. I enjoyed going to the show. really glad there was atleast one fiero there.

that's why i missed it, we left about 3pm saw the dark clouds start to roll in. it was suppose to be a big bad storm but it wasn't.
PFF
System Bot
86gt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gt3800Send a Private Message to 86gt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah. everyone started packing up about 545
86gt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gt3800Send a Private Message to 86gt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86gt3800

113 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Tom. Did you get my PM
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of cars to see on the Power Tour.. The 58 Olds gold/black Hurst has been on several Power Tours, at least all the ones I went on.
86gt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gt3800Send a Private Message to 86gt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a good show. The first one I've been to. Do they start at the same place every year?
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No they start up the next year where they stopped the previous year. Last year it ended in Arlington.

It was a good show. The first one I've been to. Do they start at the same place every year?

86gt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gt3800Send a Private Message to 86gt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang. I'll have to see where the route will be next year
Super Duty Critter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Super Duty CritterClick Here to visit Super Duty Critter's HomePageSend a Private Message to Super Duty CritterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

No they start up the next year where they stopped the previous year. Last year it ended in Arlington.

They always don't start in the same place they finish out of the 4 long hauls I have been in only 2 have stated at the previous spot that they finished
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stand corrected:
Thursday, May 3, 2001
Phoenix Center, Pontiac, MI

Friday, May 11, 2001
Kingman, AZ to Downtown, San Bernardino, CA

Gap-Cali to NE

Day 1: May 24, 2002
Kick-Off Party--Lincoln, Nebraska

Day 8: May 31, 2002
It's A Wrap In Youngstown!

Gap-

2003 Cruise Night Schedule

Friday, May 30
Gaylord Opryland Resort
Nashville, Tennessee

Thursday, June 5
and Friday, June 6
The Ball Park in Arlington
Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas

-Date State Location
Saturday, June 5 Fort Worth, TX The Ball Park at Arlington

Friday, June 11 Green Bay, WI Lambeau Field

The HOT ROD Power Tour 2005 could not have started much better!

Day 1 kicked off at Miller Park in Milwaukee.

Day 7: Kissimmee, FL

Day 1: Kissimmee, Florida
Yep, looks like the HOT ROD Power Tour 2006 has kicked off!
Day 8: Englishtown, New Jersey

GAP- Ends in NJ, starts in Ohio

2007 HOT ROD Power Tour Schedule
Saturday, June 2: I-X Center, Cleveland, Ohio
Friday, June 8: Arkansas State Fairgrounds, Little Rock, Arkansas

Arkansas State Fairgrounds - Little Rock, AR

Saturday, 6/14/08
The Alliant Energy Center- Madison, WI

15th ANNIVERSARY POWER TOURTM ITINERARY
As we have done in previous years, we'll kickoff from our finale venue in 2008, Madison, Wisconsin's Alliant Energy Center on June 6.

Saturday, June 6
Madison, WI
Alliant Energy Center

Friday, June 12
Bristol, TN
Bristol Motor Speedway

GAP- ends in TN starts in IA

2010 HOT ROD POWER TOUR DATES
Saturday June 5
Newton, IA, Iowa Speedway

Saturday June 12
Mobile, AL, U.S.S. Alabama
(Long Hauler Awards)

GAP- ended in AL started in FL.

2011 HOT ROD POWER TOUR DATES
Saturday June 4
Cocoa Beach, FL Port Canaveral

Saturday June 11
Detroit, MI Long Haulers Ceremony (Location TBD)

2012 HOT ROD POWER TOUR DATES
JUN 02 2012
Detroit, MI - GM Proving Grounds, Milford
JUN 09 2012
Arlington, TX Long Haulers Ceremony (Location TBD)

2013 HOT ROD POWER TOUR DATES
JUN 01 2013
Arlington, TX

JUN 07 2013
North Concord, NC

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

They always don't start in the same place they finish out of the 4 long hauls I have been in only 2 have stated at the previous spot that they finished

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock