Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Haus of Guru: Project Creation-full disclosure (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Haus of Guru: Project Creation-full disclosure by bmwguru
Started on: 01-19-2013 02:13 PM
Replies: 171 (7222 views)
Last post by: mptighe on 02-24-2015 12:22 AM
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not competing with you for the fastest Fiero....period. I appreciate a nice car and honestly, I'm considering selling my 3800s/c and getting a Porsche Cayman S and adding a twin turbo kit or a new Ninja, but it all depends on how my orange car turns out.

As for the Audi coils....you are correct....they just cause a misfire.....about 5 years ago, their timing belts were failing before 40,000 miles and the dealer wasn't covering it at first. It caused $4000.00 in damage to the engine. Currently, MINI knows that their timing chains are failing causing engine damage, but not releasing a recall yet, but there is a class action lawsuit in progress.

Michaels meth pump kicks on with the key on and engine off. That is not the way it should work and this is a shorted controller causing it. Will I buy another meth kit in the future?....maybe, but probably not from Devil's own.

The positive side is Michael is getting a fully built bottom end and the stage 3 heads out of this deal.

Dave

[This message has been edited by bmwguru (edited 08-02-2013).]

IP: Logged
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a bummer to hear about your misfortune....... I don't know how you manage the patience with your car. If that were me would have just abandoned the build and moved onto something else. Anyways, good luck with this next phase and I hope it will finally be sorted out once and for all sooner than later.

------------------
'11 Subaru WRX
'04 Mazda RX8 Build Thread
My former Fiero- '88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph (Sold and gone now)
GM Tuners

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

...and you......you small penised twit. You are actually enjoying the fact that someone blew up their turbo 3800 because it makes you feel better. What kind of ass are you that you get off on watching others have hardship and issues? I hope karma comes and makes you throw a rod through your oil pan. You sir are a dick.

Please Please Please Please---- let's not go down this road AGAIN -- I’ve noticed that there are certain people (and a certain person) who never give an opinion, until someone else post their answers. They appear to be trying to pick a fight, belittle the opinions of others or perhaps cover for an inferiority complex.( Possible small weenie as you pointed out) ----- Don't bite on the bait. Dave I’ve seen your work. I’ve seen your work in action. I’ve seen the quality, the attention to details and I’ve seen how you have followed up on your work. I know first class work when I see it and as I have not seen in person a completed and running conversion done by the antagonist I cannot vouch for that operations quality of work so I will not pass judgment on that quality of work. I know that I will always do business with a shop or individual who takes the higher road and I value the opinion of the shop or individual who takes the higher road. You Dave are that individual.
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Please Please Please Please---- let's not go down this road AGAIN -- I’ve noticed that there are certain people (and a certain person) who never give an opinion, until someone else post their answers. They appear to be trying to pick a fight, belittle the opinions of others or perhaps cover for an inferiority complex.( Possible small weenie as you pointed out) ----- Don't bite on the bait. Dave I’ve seen your work. I’ve seen your work in action. I’ve seen the quality, the attention to details and I’ve seen how you have followed up on your work. I know first class work when I see it and as I have not seen in person a completed and running conversion done by the antagonist I cannot vouch for that operations quality of work so I will not pass judgment on that quality of work. I know that I will always do business with a shop or individual who takes the higher road and I value the opinion of the shop or individual who takes the higher road. You Dave are that individual.

I apologize to the community, but the kid deserved an ass chewing. Not a lot of people understand what we do everyday. My shop is different than other shops because I demand 200% of every individual that works for me. I wake up at 4am everyday, work until 6-8pm everyday....and then spend a few hours with my kids in the evenings and weekends. While we are at work, if we break any bones or hurt ourselves bad enough to need stitches, we take care of it in the shop. There is no time to go sit in an emergency room. We set the bone, duct tape it into position and finish the job. I cut myself very badly on the TDI swap that the guys followed the blood trail to the bathroom to find out if I was ok.
He gets on my nerves and usually I ignore it, but this week was especially stressful.
Dave
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott tends to bring out the "best" in people. It's difficult not to respond when someone is chomping at the bit to heckle someone's situation if and when it goes south.

AkursedX, I almost did quit. While all of this was happening I had to deal with some significant health issues, and had to close my business. I was working 75 hours a week and my health was deteriorating more rapidly than I'm willing to explain (I already had issues and they were getting out of control). The stress of it all almost cost me my marriage as well. So yeah, the car damn near ended its journey right there, especially since I couldn't afford to redo anything.

Fortunately, I'm not a very good quitter. I found a contractor position and it turned into a part-time permanent job. I'm making as much working 28 hours a week as I was working 75 at my school, and I have time to rebuild a private practice, which has been going well. So basically I'm making more, working less, and have a much better quality of life, all in a 90 day timeframe.

I started this, I'm finishing it. Regardless of how mny times little Scotty runs his mouth, or how many issues I encounter. Scott, if you want me to listen to anything you have to say, stop being an ass-hole. If you don't care, then you get to live with the fact that people won't listen to you even if you have a valid point.

In the meantime, my VW camper is being shipped off in the Fiero's place to get painted. It's been sitting for a year, waiting for its turn to get some attention. Me and the family have adventures to seek out and I'm choosing to focus attention on the vehicle that will help us get to them. I assure everyone the Fiero will get done, but I'm not going to spend my time in here arguing about it.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, after many many many many setbacks, the car is running again. I don't really want to go into detail but let's just say I won't ever be trusting ZZP to be a major player in a build again. They screwed up in so many ways I seriously don't have the time to list everything out. Luckily Dave seems to have everything sorted. We'll find out for sure in the next couple of days.

If everything is indeed resolved, and he's ready for it, the car will be going to Tha Driver next to have the roof and exterior mods done. Once he's done, the car comes back home to have the interior finished (the interior is completely stripped right now. It runs and will drive but it has no console, dash, or other interior pieces, just a single seat.) Once that's all done, then the car will have to be retuned since the meth injection kit was removed and we went with a different cam and heads.
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

OK, after many many many many setbacks, the car is running again. I don't really want to go into detail but let's just say I won't ever be trusting ZZP to be a major player in a build again. They screwed up in so many ways I seriously don't have the time to list everything out. Luckily Dave seems to have everything sorted. We'll find out for sure in the next couple of days.

ZZP's crate engine did have issues, but Zoomer called me and stepped up to the plate. He handled the situation better than most vendors and for that, I will remain a customer. Every email was returned promptly and he overnighted the parts I requested at no charge to fix the engine. He also told me to send him an invoice for my shop's time to fix the engine. Very professional.

I've purchased well over $10,000 from ZZP over the past few years and this was the only issue I've encountered. We chalk it up to our theory of bright red 1988 Fiero GT's being trouble.

Dave

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

ZZP's crate engine did have issues, but Zoomer called me and stepped up to the plate. He handled the situation better than most vendors and for that, I will remain a customer. Every email was returned promptly and he overnighted the parts I requested at no charge to fix the engine. He also told me to send him an invoice for my shop's time to fix the engine. Very professional.

I've purchased well over $10,000 from ZZP over the past few years and this was the only issue I've encountered. We chalk it up to our theory of bright red 1988 Fiero GT's being trouble.

Dave

Yes Zoomer handled the situation appropriately. I'll still buy parts from them in the future but I've lost a lot of confidence in them with the other issues I ran into. They delayed things by at least 90 days, and their lack of direct phone contact leaves a lot to be desired. Oh well, like I said I'm not going to rehash it. It looks like the worst is handled.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What was wrong with the motor?
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately it's ongoing. While Dave and ZZP are working together it's probably best that I don't get into details.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A month later, and the car is finally at the next destination. It's now in Georgia with Tha Driver (arrived today, well yesterday I guess) I'm actively selling the T-Top kit here on the forum, and am looking for a set of NOS door weather-stripping to replace the seals that will go with the T-Tops (all but one of those seals were NOS bought and installed on the car). Tha Driver will also be doing my exterior mods for me. Here's a short list....

Cobra vents installed in the hood (like soulcrusher's car, possibly with a twist)

Mustang hood vent installed on the decklid

Either Mecham or Mustang side scoops (the Mechams are NOS originals, not reproductions and will be for sale if we don't use them)

Lastly, we've talked about doing a notchback conversion, but keeping the GT tail-lights. This hasn't been decided yet.

Not sure how long the car will be in Georgia, but it has an interior waiting for it here, and will need to be tuned before it's painted.

Thanks for everything you've done Dave. I'm hoping I won't have to ask you for any more work on the car, unless I can talk you into relocating here.

PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reviving this from the dead. Car is still at Paul's. I never recovered from my business closing, and now the car is for sale if someone is willing to pay what I'm asking. It was fun while it lasted, but time for me to move on. Here's the F/S thread.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/071338.html#p0
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock