PFF Kit Car Registry by bomaze
Started on: 01-06-2013 10:13 PM
Replies: 110 (5500 views)
Last post by: 355Fiero on 07-07-2014 02:03 PM
bomaze

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomazeSend a Private Message to bomazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am taking the advice of a great forum member and asking the following question. How many members have Fiero based kit cars? What type of kit and please post pics if available.
I will start the ball rolling.
I have an 85GT with a CK3 Designs 512TR replica kit. Please post and let us know what is out there.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2013 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bomaze:

I am taking the advice of a great forum member and asking the following question. How many members have Fiero based kit cars? What type of kit and please post pics if available.
I will start the ball rolling.
I have an 85GT with a CK3 Designs 512TR replica kit. Please post and let us know what is out there.

Nice car. I like kit cars.

I was hoping you'd start a thread like this.

Thanks

Archie

(edited because I'm going to ask my question my PM)

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-06-2013).]

jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2013 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would this include kit parts like what Archie and Jimmy make? or whole re-bodies?
countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's mine. I just had it out the other day, man the engine sounds badd!!! (It's PBJ's old turbocharged 4.9, cat only, no muffler) My brother challenged me to get it done enough to have it in a show this summer with his truck and my other brother's truck so that's my new goal, gotta get my butt in gear! Oh yea, it 's an 88 Formula with an Easton Countach 5000S body.

[This message has been edited by countach711 (edited 01-07-2013).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: Deleted post since I misunderstood this to be a "registry".

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 01-10-2013).]

VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by countach711:

Here's mine. I just had it out the other day, man the engine sounds badd!!! (It's PBJ's old turbocharged 4.9, cat only, no muffler) My brother challenged me to get it done enough to have it in a show this summer with his truck and my other brother's truck so that's my new goal, gotta get my butt in gear! Oh yea, it 's an 88 Formula with an Easton Countach 5000S body.

I really hope you and Dario get those cars completed by Summertime I'm gonna be passing through around then and you know ill be passing through Denver to check that thing out
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice cars! I don't want to start an argument, but will this thread be immune to criticism from those who are not satisfied with the quality of the cars posted? Personally I respect the effort that builders put into their work even if it turns out less than perfect. I get CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. If this post is considered argumentative I'm perfectly willing to delete it. I have a Fiero murci roadster and an unfinished AD355 roadster.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 01-07-2013).]

bomaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bomazeSend a Private Message to bomazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope this thread will be an open discussion about Fiero based kits and replicas. I'm not trying to start any negativity from people who feel that it is sacrilegious to change the basic style of the car. I personally have owned 5 Fieros and I love the car. I just would like to know what people have or had in the way of kits or replicas. Just a friendly discussion that's all. I'm really looking forward to where this thread may go.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Blooze that second project looks killer !!
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was told by the editor of Kit Car Builder that my car was not a kit car because people couldn't buy a kit and build one.. he said it was more a custom built car that looked like a Pantera 200

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Would this include kit parts like what Archie and Jimmy make? or whole re-bodies?

Personally, I think it should be whole re-bodies.
PFF
System Bot
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:
I was told by the editor of Kit Car Builder that my car was not a kit car because people couldn't buy a kit and build one.. he said it was more a custom built car that looked like a Pantera 200

Very few of them are kits. Normally you only get body panels and the rest is up to the builder. Nothing like an V8 Archie master kit.
jwct7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwct7Send a Private Message to jwct7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I have my Finale, known to many in the TX and ID communities... just wish I knew how to post pics........ See you in Indy this June......
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a mera, although not really a kit, it is a rebody. happy motoring.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Subscribed.
Very glad to see this thread.

When I talk to people about the Fiero, this is one of the things I usually mention. That is, that how well the space frame lends itself to the kit car market is one of the things that will keep the car poplular and sought after for a long time to come, at least IMHO.

Used to be VW bugs yaknow! Just about every kit car used to be based on either a VW bug chassis, or a scratch built tube frame.

Now we have the ready made Fiero space frame.

Don't get me wrong, I still really like the plain Jane factory stock Fiero, just classic design and waaay ahead of it's time, but seeing a 308 or nice 355 or even some of the more "exotic" bodies built in somebody's garage, well, that's just a different kind of "rewarding" in my book.

I like what Madcurl and people like him have done also, after all, part of what I do caters to folks who want a "stock" Fiero with a few personal "tweeks", but a full on rebody, that takes some initiative and allot of follow through!

And all of them made a little easier to accomplish because of the Fiero's availability and affordability. JMHO.

HAGO!

edit: I realize there is not a major amount of interest in the 308's anymore, but I still like em' and plan on having one on my formula chassis before it's all said and done!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 01-10-2013).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Deleted. Posted in error.

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 01-09-2013).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great examples guys. Love it...
Bomaze...What Blooz said.

I also just so happen to be in contact with the gentleman that has the CK3 molds. I'm looking at either the 512M, 512KR, or EVMRob's 308.

Bob
bomaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomazeSend a Private Message to bomazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car has Nissan 300ZX headlights and it is a full time roadster. I never really liked the look of the soft top so I removed it. I'm in the process of looking for a different set of wheels. I really enjoy working on the car and I hope to one day soon swap the engine for a V8 or Northstar.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about a Kelmark body on a Fiero?
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Deleted: posted in error.

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rats. it did only post a thumbnail. I have a lot of pics, but still working on getting them to post here. Although the ones I have are older, when the weather breaks I will have some updated pics.
I FAR I

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 85 GT - Fejer 308 w/ Vortech Supercharger.

[This message has been edited by I FAR I (edited 01-07-2013).]

batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MERA! MERA! MERA!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-08-2013).]

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jwct7:

Well, I have my Finale, known to many in the TX and ID communities... just wish I knew how to post pics........ See you in Indy this June......

Here is a pic I caught your car in Alan. I'll see if I can find any others.

Ben

[This message has been edited by Marine1981 (edited 01-08-2013).]

bomaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bomazeSend a Private Message to bomazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Yes this thread should include rebodies. I would love to see the many rebodies past and present out there as well as the kits.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People that know me, know that I never post in Color, but I Had to this time.

This thread is a Candy Store, I love it.

It reminds me of why I was so attracted to the Fiero in the first place.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-08-2013).]

bomaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bomazeSend a Private Message to bomazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

People that know me, know that I never post in Color, but I Had to this time.

This thread is a Candy Store, I love it.

It reminds me of why I was so attracted to the Fiero in the first place.

Archie

I couldnt have said it better! Amen to that!!!

[This message has been edited by bomaze (edited 01-08-2013).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does this thread include IMSA"s
YellowArtero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowArteroSend a Private Message to YellowArteroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's mine.

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blooz... i really like your stinger

[This message has been edited by LEEEZARD (edited 01-10-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's my contribution to this thread; The MadArch widebody kit.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

bomaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomazeSend a Private Message to bomazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Here's my contribution to this thread; The MadArch widebody kit.

Outstanding examples!!! Your cars have kicked the door wide open and raised the bar to dizzying heights in regards to Fiero customizations. Can you add a pic and a write up on each car that you have? I would be greatly appreciated by numerous members on this forum.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Deleted: posted in error.

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not that it has anything to do with kit cars except that it's going into one, but your picture of your N* blows the idea of a N* needing a beauty cover out of the water. I keep returning to the picture for another look!
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dratts

8373 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Edited by request.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 01-10-2013).]

DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it's funny how Curly claims his car is just a custom Fiero than posts pictures of cars with the same widebody kit in a thread titled PFF Kit Car Registry.............
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He did not post a picture of his car, he just posted pictures of fieros on PFF that have the "kit" that he helped create with Archie installed. He didn't post pics of his car because it can not be purchased in a kit form and is a one off.
Lets try to keep this thread positive

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 01-09-2013).]

bomaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bomazeSend a Private Message to bomazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm loving all of the pics of the 308s and Meras. Those cars are the ones that started my love for Fieros and kit cars. It has been quite a while since I've seen them and I do appreciate the pics. Everyone is contributing a lot of great pics and please keep them coming. I'd love to see finished kits and projects that people are working on. Please keep the pics and info coming.
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

He did not post a picture of his car, he just posted pictures of fieros on PFF that have the "kit" that he helped create with Archie installed. He didn't post pics of his car because it can not be purchased in a kit form and is a one off.
Lets try to keep this thread positive

This thread is titled PFF Kit Car Registry, Curly posted pictures of cars with the Mad arch wide-body kit on them in this thread. To me this says he thinks cars with the wide-body kit should be considered Kit Cars. His car has a wide-body kit on it......it's just tweaked a little more.
I think this thread was made to showcase Kit Cars and Rebody Replicas that members have. To me that means cars built to look like another car, not custom Fieros with Mad-arch kits.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock