Great Buy on Rear Hubs by animal
Started on: 11-25-2012 07:47 PM
Replies: 90 (1886 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 02-18-2016 12:08 AM
Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2012 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got two of them, they look great. Wonder if it was a pricing error, whole sale sell out, or bait for other items. $47 still not a bad price but they will be sitting on them for awhile.

"Thanks Rock Auto" appreciate the deal while it lasted.
IP: Logged
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2012 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paced84:

Just tried to place an order new price $47.94

Ouch! That is $5.00 more that I paid for 2 of them with shipping! Well, it was a good deal while it lasted!

paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2012 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Called about the new price. told that they get tem from a from a supplier that sold out of the $17.94. inventory, New inventory is the new price $47.94

RT

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2012 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine arrived tonight. I swear I heard sleigh bells and a "Ho, ho, ho!" They are VERY nice looking; I'm glad I pulled the trigger.
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2012 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have both here now for a total of 52 dollars which included shipping to Iowa. Made me happy.
rlndhill

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2012 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rlndhillSend a Private Message to rlndhillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my 2 sets today. They are very nice and it only cost me $42.00
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine and all the other parts I ordered for the Indy yesterday. Not a bad deal.
SlowGuitarMan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlowGuitarManSend a Private Message to SlowGuitarManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

How so ?

Sorry, I haven't been getting on here much, and I didn't see the replies. It was supposed to say "modding" and not "molding".

Anyway, mill out the uprights in the front 1mm, grind out the bolts holes on the hub, so they match up with the holes in the upright, mill down the backside of where the caliper bolts onto the upright and then put it together and put a big bolt through the center of the hub.

Now you have very cheap '88 front hubs. The wheels will stick out around 0.25" further than stock, but that is the only change noticeable (and that's not really even noticeable).
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SlowGuitarMan:

Sorry, I haven't been getting on here much, and I didn't see the replies. It was supposed to say "modding" and not "molding".

Anyway, mill out the uprights in the front 1mm, grind out the bolts holes on the hub, so they match up with the holes in the upright, mill down the backside of where the caliper bolts onto the upright and then put it together and put a big bolt through the center of the hub.

Now you have very cheap '88 front hubs. The wheels will stick out around 0.25" further than stock, but that is the only change noticeable (and that's not really even noticeable).

These hubs are designed to be held together by the axle and a large nut. Otherwise, they come apart.

slicknick

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slicknickSend a Private Message to slicknickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

These hubs are designed to be held together by the axle and a large nut. Otherwise, they come apart.

Hence the big bolt through the center.
Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They're back. Moog/National rear hubs are back at Rock Auto and on closeout. Great for spares.

We have a set going on 6,000 miles with no issues. Installed per FSM. Torqued hub nut 74# after install, then lowered the car and continued to torque to 200#.

MOOG 513011K {#7466905, 7470002, 7470558}
Rear Hub/Bearing

$17.55

Discount Code (5%) good thru 2/29/2016: 3965904736048015

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 02-18-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)