A History of the Blue Demon by Fierochic88
Started on: 07-14-2008 11:05 AM
Replies: 163 (6126 views)
Last post by: Fierochic88 on 10-12-2021 04:08 PM
West Coast Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for West Coast FieroClick Here to visit West Coast Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to West Coast FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are hereby required to post more, right now

NOW

haha

------------------
( the above was the thoughts, views, and opinions of a disgruntled Fiero mechanic, and do not express or
imply those of West Coast Fiero, Fieros West, or any other organization - just that of this poor
bastard )

Eric Nelson
Technician,
West Coast Fiero
310-305-4111

IP: Logged
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bumpity-bump-bump...for update
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nohbdy:

post something new pretty pleeeeeeeeeeease?

I too would like something new...but in the absence of anything new I'll repost my favorite engine picture of all time...

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the bumps! I am finally back! ;-)

A little update! 4 years ago my sister, Jamie, purchased a large horse farm and I spent much of my time for several years helping her with the day to day operations and shows, in addition to working with my own horse and working full time. As some of you know, I completed my Master's in Holocaust Studies in 2009 and then in 2011, I picked up a second job working as a Holocaust Resource Center Coordinator at Albright College. As if that wasn't enough insanity, a colleague and I embarked on a documentary creation project with our students that resulted in a feature length film, Misa's Fugue (www.misasfugue.com).

Sadly, during that time, my Fieros largely sat. I drove the Blue Demon occasionally, but it needed new brake lines and time wasn't easy to come by. Matt was also working at the local community college as an adjunct instructor so what time he did have, he spent towards getting the 88GT back on the road with its new engine build and transmission rebuild. Thankfully, that car was back on the road this spring.

In the meantime, we decided we needed a break from the insanity that had become our lives and Matt was homesick for the Shenandoah Valley. This past spring, we purchased a historic farmhouse (1839) and six acres. It is a "project" but we're now each back to one job (me teaching at a local HS, and Matt running a Manufacturing Tech program at a local community college). We have much more "us" time and "free" time to do fun stuff. The Fieros have joined us in Virginia and the Blue Demon is currently in storage while we finish our garage at our new home. Matt drives the Silver 88GT M-Th and I get to have "Fiero Fridays" - my favorite day of the week.

I'm looking forward to bringing this thread up to speed and keeping everyone posted on new things we will be doing. I've missed everyone a ton and am glad to be back!!

~ Jen
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2012 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back from the dead! I forgot about this car. Great to hear that life is good, and looking forward to updates. One of the first memorable Fieros when I joined.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking forward to seeing you and Matt at the 30th.

Jeff
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys! And Geff - Definitely! I was thinking this morning how nice it will be to see all of you!!

~Jen
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back!
I miss the continuation of https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...502-6-067054-2.html. The museum here recently received a WW-II era boxcar. https://www.facebook.com/hmczfc . I'll watch your film soon.
Hope you post pics of your renovation on the farmhouse.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to dust off this thread and post some pictures as you promised in Kathryn's thread. I like that color of blue what is it from?
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap, you're back! Sadly, I've never left this place. Welcome back!
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2012 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you are back Jen!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2012 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I am so glad to be back. My first question is, how do I post pictures these days? :-)

Carnot, the color was actually on the car when I bought it, albeit in poor shape. The Sessions boys paint matched it when they painted it in 2003, but it is close to a cobalt blue.

Jnco - so much crazy stuff to tell you! I assume you haven't talked to Jamie in ages?

So happy to see you guys!

Jen
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2012 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One of my favorite photos.. Hey Jenn, where and when was it taken?
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2012 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking forward to seeing you guys sometime soon!

------------------

My turbo build

johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! Ryan, we are definitely overdue.

Lar, that was at good ole Zinn's park at the Fiero Dutch Classic.

Jen
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Thanks! Ryan, we are definitely overdue.

Lar, that was at good ole Zinn's park at the Fiero Dutch Classic.

Jen

You are right. Does it seem that it was in 2000? Where has the time gone?
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually it was probably around 2002 or 2003...I can't remember the last year we were there but I think it was one of those years. But time does fly!!

~ Jen
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see a familar face, guess I better start showing mine again Hope to see you, Matt & family next summer at the 30th. I miss going down to Carlisle, had a great time when it was with the Import / kitcar show & the party afterwards was always memorable.

(insert both hands out asking for more beer here)
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2012 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So the story continues (finally!) It is crazy trying to remember some of this after 11 years (wow, now I am feeling old!!) but I will do my best. Of course, I may have to get Dad to make a guest appearance to fill in some of the details, but the next part I do remember pretty clearly.

As you may recall, when we got the car running by overriding the faulty fuel pump, it ended up having a rod knock. Through the years of "dealing with" Fieros, we had seen more than one 2.8L with a bad #5 bearing...of course this engine would be no different. I have my dad searching for pictures of the actual bearings out of the block, but here are some photos to hold you over in the meantime!

And one of my dad's favorites...this was the look I gave him when he jokingly accused me of breaking the car....amusing since I had never actually driven it ;-)

PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2012 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

Nice to see a familar face, guess I better start showing mine again Hope to see you, Matt & family next summer at the 30th. I miss going down to Carlisle, had a great time when it was with the Import / kitcar show & the party afterwards was always memorable.

(insert both hands out asking for more beer here)

4 more beers! :-) We are looking forward to seeing you guys too!!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dad brought down some CDs with old pictures on and we've spent the last hour or so reminiscing about Fiero days gone by. Some of the show pictures dated all the way back to our first national Fiero show in Columbus in 2000. I hope to post some of the pics of the cars of the past, some of which were pretty neat.

Although this picture below is from the front compartment section of the "rebuild", I missed it during that portion of this thread and Dad brought it along. It is definitely good for a laugh. At least kslish was looking at the camera!

While taking off the pan, we were sure to continue to take shots of wires. Thank goodness for dad's foresight on this end. Seemingly small paths for wires could have been problematic had we not documented them as well as we did.

We also wanted to be sure to take a close up of the water-pipe, as this would also be replaced during the build.

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We also wanted to be sure we knew where this small bracket went. Although this wasn't our first rodeo, it was definitely going to be the most involved (at that point in time). I got to hold the camera and Dad did the pointing.

Missed this photo in the post above too!

While Dad was working to finish disassembling the engine, I began working on the subframe. This is what we started with:

Struts off:

FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just read through this whole thread and now I miss my Fiero!! I wonder if mine is still floating around anywhere...?
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroLisa:

I just read through this whole thread and now I miss my Fiero!! I wonder if mine is still floating around anywhere...?

I bet it is...did you sell it in Ohio or California?
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whoa, did this post just prove time travel exists? What is the current year?
FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sold it right before I moved to Cali (spring 2005), to some guy who I think lived in Chicago...

and speaking of time travel, where are those old pics Jen???

[This message has been edited by FieroLisa (edited 11-23-2012).]

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

whoa, did this post just prove time travel exists? What is the current year?

lol! No doubt!

------------------
'04 Mazda RX8 Build Thread
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph (Sold and gone now)
GM Tuners

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering what happened to you as you haven't been at Carlisle in several years. Glad that everything is going well. It seems that many of the faces of this hobby are still enjoying their Fieros. Some disappear for a while but many have come back. Great to see you active again. We seem to have quite a few hobbiets that have become active on the forum again and its good time to rejoin the great folks in the Fiero community. IIRC the Blue Demon was a sharp looking car. Does your sis Jamie still have her orange Fiero?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I was wondering what happened to you as you haven't been at Carlisle in several years. Glad that everything is going well. It seems that many of the faces of this hobby are still enjoying their Fieros. Some disappear for a while but many have come back. Great to see you active again. We seem to have quite a few hobbiets that have become active on the forum again and its good time to rejoin the great folks in the Fiero community. IIRC the Blue Demon was a sharp looking car. Does your sis Jamie still have her orange Fiero?

Hey Dennis!!

Jamie bought a horse farm in 2008 and we had been busy helping her getting that running. Unfortunately, the June show dates always collided with Carlisle and so for the past few years, family came before Fieros. Hopefully, this coming year, we will be getting out to more shows. I'm happy to be back in the mix and just enjoying the cars!

Unfortunately, Jamie just sold her red car a few weeks ago. She is expecting her first child in the next few weeks and decided to sell the car. She was very sad to let it go but I think it went to a good home. She now has a 45 acre horse farm outside of Reading and between that and the baby, I am sure she will be busy. My dad still has his black 85GT and 2 parts cars though and he hopes to make it out to the 30th. We look forward to seeing you sometime soon!!

PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierochic88

4962 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by AkursedX:

lol! No doubt!

It was time to resurrect it :-) But yes, seriously - and don't worry Jnco - I have some funny pics of you!! LIsa - I hope to get them up in another thread sometime today!!

~ Jen
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that it's summer, guess I'll have to add this to my "to update" list :-)
rpro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am eagerly awaiting updates and pictures. Your car is simply beautiful.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

I am eagerly awaiting updates and pictures. Your car is simply beautiful.

Thanks Robert! Seeing the other thread on the father-daughter build motivated me to resurrect this one. So many good memories in this project and hopefully so many more to come. Someday (in the far, far future ;-) ) I hope to turn it over to my daughter for her to love as much as I do.

~ Jen

PS - while this project was going on, Dave was working on many aspects of his car alongside of it!

[This message has been edited by Fierochic88 (edited 06-21-2014).]

rpro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe our cars can get together soon, possibly at Daytona or Carlisle next year.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

maybe our cars can get together soon, possibly at Daytona or Carlisle next year.

That sounds like a plan! ;-)
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2021 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So before I start Blue Demon 2.0, my OCD nature demands I finish Part I ;-)

Even with the deadline of Daytona approaching, It was also decided at this time that we were going to attempt to paint the front and rear compartments the same color as the car. What a big project! We began with the front compartment and stripped everything out of it. I never knew exactly how many little pieces were involved in that front area, but let me tell you from experience, there are a lot! After everything was removed, extensive bodywork was done to create a smooth appearing surface. Finally, primer was applied followed by enamel with hardener in black and blue depending on the area of the compartment. Once all of this dried came the most difficult part, pulling everything back! Thank goodness for digital pictures.

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2021 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That Fiero is really nice. Looking even better and it looks like you now own quite a few show ready Fieros. Was very happy to see you take the "Best of the Show" award at Fieros at Carlisle this year. That Fiero had just about everything, great looks, customization and now an LS4. As MAFOA president, you have really raised the bar and set a new standard.
I wish that Paula would appreciate custom cars. She looks at them as transportation, but supports the hobby, and has a practical side. She now drives a new Jeep Gladiator and that's her hobby pickup.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

kslish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2021 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, now I feel old.....I don't have any gray hair in those pics....

Missed seeing the car at Carlisle. Had a little incident with a farm tractor that day that prevented the family's attendance.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock