Started on: 09-04-2012 10:02 PM
Replies: 81 (2804 views)
Last post by: carbon on 06-04-2014 09:54 AM
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Venomous:

Just plastidiped my 17s that were originally painted a dark charcoal color. I went with the new true metallics color aluminum that's advertised on dipyourcar.com. I masked my wheels off and went to town. I was pleasantly surprised how well it applied. I eventually stopped around 8 coats each. Turned out better than I anticipated. My only concern now is longevity and keeping them clean. The photos make them look darker than they actually are.

Nice! That looks great! I see you taped off your valve stem. I debated doing so but I decided against it. I think the white valve stems that I now have are "one off".

Honestly though I had no idea they have so many colors. It makes me wonder if there is a color swatch of all the available finishes. My local vendor only had 3 colors. Luckily white is one they stock. I have been wanting to do my rims in white for a few years now. Eventually I will powder coat them but this is a GREAT temporary fix.

So now all we need to do is figure out WTH is in this brake dust cleaner solution. Like a previous poster stated it is more then likely some already in use chemical that has been relabeled for marketing value. I want to say I read that the cleaner has a HEAVY sulfur odor. Or some really bad smell. If we could figure out what it really is we could RULE THE WORLD!..

Cool stuff. Cheap, easy and actually kind of fun. And GREAT results, so far.

IP: Logged
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Being that I worked with you on the Tyler's toy project and once thought you were a pretty cool guy. I'm just going to leave you with this.

Oh come on now, don't be that way... You came in and crapped on the OP's idea.

This would seem more appropriate...
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 06-04-2014).]

IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock