Started on: 06-26-2012 07:27 PM
Replies: 31 (908 views)
Last post by: ShockWave on 01-15-2014 02:57 AM
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This year’s Fierorama will be our 17th annual event! The Fierorama show will be taking place on Sunday, September 9, 2012 at Pottawatomie Park which is located at 8 North Ave in St. Charles, IL along the wooded banks of the Fox River near the downtown St. Charles shopping district; Northwest of the intersection of Route 64 (North Ave) and Route 25.

Our host hotel is still the Holiday Inn Express located at 1600 East Main Street (also known as Route 64 or North Avenue) in St. Charles, IL. Call 630-584-5300 to make reservations. Remember to ask for the “Fierorama Special Rate” of $82/night, which includes a free hot breakfast bar, newspaper, fitness center, playground, and heated outdoor pool.
NOTE: You need to make reservations BEFORE August 18, 2012.

There are several car washes located minutes from the show field for your convenience. Tyler Wash at 503 Tyler Road (630-377-6286) is located one block south from the Holiday Inn and has both manual and automatic touch-less facilities.

Join in for two days of fun with your Fiero friends from around the country. St. Charles and its neighboring city, Geneva, both offer a variety of antique shopping, skate parks, and delicious dinning experiences. On Saturday, September 8, 2012, we will have a Poker Run to take you through the surrounding communities. Meet at the Holiday Inn Express parking lot at 2:30pm. The first Fieros will head out at 3:00pm. At 6:00pm our traditional Fierorama pizza party will take place at Gino’s East across the street from the host hotel.

On Sunday, September 9, 2012 you can plan on arriving anytime after 9:00am to enjoy a full day celebrating the Fiero at our Fierorama show. The car show hours are from 12 noon until 5:00pm at Pottawotmie Park. Please pre-register for this event; it is so much easier for all involved to plan activities if we have a good idea of attendance in advance.

All NIFE members and spectators can participate for FREE. Other non-NIFE members choosing to enter their car in the show are welcome with a registration fee of $10. Or for $25, become a NIFE member and receive our award winning Fiero Focus magazine for the balance of 2012 and all of 2013 and attend Fierorama for FREE. Feel free to participate in our Park 4 Fun class if you will not be able to stay with us the entire day. Displaying your Fiero in this class allows you the flexibility to come and go as you please. You do not need to enter your car in the show to participate! All are welcome.

Directions: St. Charles is located in the Fox Valley area about 35 miles west of Chicago. It is easily accessible via several local roadways including Route 64 (North Avenue), Route 25, or Route 31, all with easy connections from I-88, and I-90. Please see the map located on our website. Look for the Fierorama signs!

This is one of the best and largest Fiero shows of the year and always a fun and exciting time. We look forward to seeing you and having you join us for some great times and good fun in St. Charles! See you there!

Thanks to our generous Fierorama Key Sponsors for 2012: The Fiero Store, V8 Archie, Fox Valley Buick/GMC in St. Charles, IL and Village Buick/GMC in Naperville, IL. Because of their significant contributions, we can keep Fierorama a free event for our club members.

For up to date information or to register online see: www.fierofocus.com and click on the "Fierorama" tab

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------

NIFE Activity Director.
ZZ4 Powered !!

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 06-26-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its worth joining NIFE even if you just want to read FieroFocus magazine

I'll be attending Fierorama again free as a NIFE member,
fotofrank

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice post Oreif

See you all at FIERORAMA
BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Registered.
Requesting vacation time tomorrow. Even the wife is going. How am I going to fit all her luggage in the fiero? Lol!
Actually not really kidding!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BOBBY D:

Registered.
Requesting vacation time tomorrow. Even the wife is going. How am I going to fit all her luggage in the fiero? Lol!
Actually not really kidding!

Plenty of shopping around St Charles, buy stuff when you get here, then box it up and mail it back home after the weekend

--- Jeff aka mrfred8
fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2012 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bump
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2012 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'll be there. i missed last year for the first time. i'll be there with bells and bows on
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Fiero's been hiding all year but I gaurantee it will make this show....
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Less than one week away!!!
Mugwort

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MugwortSend a Private Message to MugwortEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first Fierorama! I originally thought i'd be going as a non-fiero owner, but i got lucky and bought my first Fiero a few weeks ago from PaulV so now i'm even more stoked about Fierorama! Just bought another Fiero the other day for a kid at work so he'll be tagging along as well (just gotta make him join NIFE). Can't wait. see u guys there!
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What exactly is a "poker run?" I've heard them mentioned before but never really understood what they're all about.
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zmcdonal:

What exactly is a "poker run?" I've heard them mentioned before but never really understood what they're all about.

One version is driving a specfic route and collect a card at each stop, usually seven stops. Come back and best poker hand wins. A way for a cruise in an area.

I had thought about coming this year to tie it in with a trip tp a Pontiac show in Warwick, RI, but that is nearly a two week interval from the end of Fierorama and the Warwick show. Too much time for me to kill.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Poker run
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A poker run is an organized event where participants, usually using motorcycles, snowmobiles, boats, or Fieros, must visit five to seven checkpoints, drawing a playing card at each one. The object is to have the best poker hand at the end of the run. The event has a time limit, however the participants are not timed—winning is purely a matter of chance.

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the record for the largest event was set in 2009 with 2,136 motorcyclists benefiting the Fallen Firefighter Survivors Foundation (FFSF)

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8

Paulv

Feedback score:    (68)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In addition to the Saturday events, Fierorama will feature a "Tech Table" from 1-3PM Sunday September 9th. Some of our most versed NIFE members will be on hand to answer questions about brakes, alignment, headlight motors and systems, steering column repairs, and wiper motor operations. (and more!)

Also, Rodney Dickman will be on hand with his vast array of Fiero parts and accessories. If you are coming and need some of Rodney's items, place your order and have him bring your order to the show. Save on shipping!

Hope you can make it!

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
weather.com is currently showing ZERO percent chance of rain for Sunday! Gotta like that.
Mugwort

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MugwortSend a Private Message to MugwortEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup. Checked a lil while ago. Made me smile
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone worried about dust or a bumpy road due to construction might want to avoid North Avenue (IL 64) - there's about a five-mile stretch of it on the east side of St. Charles that's all torn up due to the long-planned widening. Its OK on weekends but weekday rush-hour traffic can be bad. But it could still be dusty.
Mugwort

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MugwortSend a Private Message to MugwortEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would be worried about it next year when my car is ready for show. But this year it's just Park for Fun. My cars needs paint before dust becomes an issue for me
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking forward to seeing videos, and photos of all the fieros.
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mugwort:

Would be worried about it next year when my car is ready for show. But this year it's just Park for Fun. My cars needs paint before dust becomes an issue for me

The show is for the daily driven Fiero's as well. Does not have to be a perfect show car. We also have a project class for those who are still restoring a Fiero as well.
Mugwort

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MugwortSend a Private Message to MugwortEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah i know, but she has the wrong front end on her at the moment which really messes with the body lines. (she's an 86 SE with the nose of an 87-88 coupe) It's my favorite Fiero fascia so I'll probably end up getting some tapered ground FX to help out the lines, but either way I really dont think she's ready even against other daily drivers. Too many other little things on her to deal with. A little more TLC and she'll be getting shown. Also this year i'm not sure if i'll be able to stay for the entire day or not. Bringing a friend of mine (who is also my mechanic) along to try to educate him on these wonderful cars a bit, and since we both have kids and wives we may end up having to leave early. This year i'm mostly going just to meet other club members and get some ideas on what to do to my car.
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great time. Thanks to all the people who worked on the show and the sponsors.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish I could have been there.
Mugwort

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MugwortSend a Private Message to MugwortEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was pretty fun. Lots of great cars and great people. Wish i could have stayed longer.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics? I really wish I could have gone. My family made the decision not to go as we have just moved into a new house and have painting to do. Instead I had the envious fun of painting my daughters room on Sat. Yes, I know that it is much more fun than a car show so please try to contain any jealousy! In all seriousness, I am sad that I didn't go but will be there next year. Paul V even had me all hooked up with the interior parts I need for my sons car!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 09-10-2012).]

Mugwort

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MugwortSend a Private Message to MugwortEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really slacked off on the picture taking, but i do have a few. Will post them tonight when i get home.
Fiero42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero42Send a Private Message to Fiero42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some, I focused on my car a bit though of course.

Mugwort

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MugwortSend a Private Message to MugwortEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a few i took. I didnt take very many just a few things that really caught my eye.

Forgot the guys name but he was a rep for GM back in the day and got this car in Oct of 83. still has the same SD4 in it that he put in right after getting the car (there's a story there) LOVE the Vette lights:

Can only imagine the amount of HP this baby puts out:

Nice looking widebody:

Here's Archies beautiful creation. was really awesome to see it in person finally:

Just because i'm partial to the Formula:

This one isnt really my style but it was such nice work and turned out so beautiful i had to get a shot:

And that's about it. Fun time

[This message has been edited by Mugwort (edited 09-10-2012).]

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2012 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a great show, you couldn't have asked for better weather or group of people
I uploaded a few photos to my website found in my sig..

Vince

------------------
Snapperhead Performance - Used Fiero Parts
Custom LED Back Up Lights -
Mirror Stainless Door Sill Plates - Mirror Stainless Deck Lid Mirrors - Acrylic Hood & Trunk Mirrors
Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings - Powder Coating Services. - PCS Products.

Rides:
85 Fiero Gt, 86 Fiero GT " Snapperhead", 88 Formula --- 10 Camaro, 99 K2500 Suburban, 04 Trailblazer

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2012 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few pics

Some of the line up for the poker run

Nice paint colors

Fino rebody

PPG pacecar reflacted in a PPG pacecar

The show

A good photo-op for my car
Great show, great people, great turnout, lots of fun.

PFF
System Bot
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[delete, thought this was the '13 thread]

[This message has been edited by ShockWave (edited 01-15-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock