Started on: 06-20-2012 11:16 PM
Replies: 67 (3125 views)
Last post by: smartaxel on 09-30-2013 08:43 PM
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2012 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

I've always wondered where they parked the cars when they came off the line?

I drove around the place when we went to the 25th show but besides the employee parking infront of the plant and the small parking on the side that was used for storage, I don't see where they could of parked the lines of freshly built cars.

These was more there at one time; the car lots and truck/railcar loading facility were east of the building, towards Glenwood Avenue.

IP: Logged
fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2012 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

If I'm able to collect the bricks, I'm not looking for a profit. I'd just want to cover the shipping costs. I will take pictures of me loading at the plant and unloading at my house. I'll do the best I can to not break any bricks during the loading and unloading process but I can't wrap every one in bubble wrap. If there's a specific brick or bricks in the pile that's at my place I'd do my best to send it.

Ill definitely will want one of those bricks and will be paying you for it! I know you don't want to make profit.. but if it wasn't for you I would never be able to get one! Let me know as soon as you stock up and add me to the list please. NOW I'm excited! and I appreciate it!
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2012 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's not get the cart out in front of the horse. I am still working out the details with the dismantling company. It may be them that do the selling.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2012 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

These was more there at one time; the car lots and truck/railcar loading facility were east of the building, towards Glenwood Avenue.

http://fiero.kienlen.net/NewFieros.jpg
ShockWave

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Event or not, I'm seriously considering making a day-trip to see the plant.

------------------

Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those not aware its the 30th Reunion for the fiero at Indianapolis next year. Same date as Carliale.
Would be cool to have it there instead, more momentousness.Birth and death all in one place.

[This message has been edited by Phirewire (edited 11-02-2012).]

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm really interested in a brick.

I have one from my old high school from when it was demolished. Never thought I would own a brick collection. haha
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 04:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please hold off the brick requests until there's confirmation they can get hauled away.
pete 2m4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its really sad too hear this news. I thought a company was buying it and going to refurbish it. I do have a question though. Im a train nut and was wondering if they shipped Fieros by rail? Also does anyone have a pic of a railcar with Fieros on it?
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big News about plant #17. demolishion has started. Talked to head of security today. There has been some demolishion started but is in the back part of property. When there is work going on where we can get acess to the front of the plant demolishion security is going to let me know.Will post ASAP. There is an article in the Oakland Press today. Have not seen it yet. Also was told article in the Detroit News, but could not find it. It may be in Detroit News in the Pontiac area. Going to check that out when I am in the area Sat.

Ron T
Historian
Indy owner #305 parts car #244

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need to not have multiple different people approaching multiple different entities about multiple different topics. I am already talking to the owner of the company so if you would like you can take over.
PFF
System Bot
paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Security called me as I have been going there for several years. so that is why I posted today! not trying to take over.
YOU* can handle it from here

RT

------------------

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No...your closer so it makes more sense for you to be the contact. Didn't mean it as a slam just want to avoid confusion. Tim Seagraves was my contact. He left for vacation today (not sure how long for). I'll pass you his contact info when I run by work. It will be far easier for you since you are closer and will avoid any confusion or mixed signals using only one contact. He did tell me he found some Fiero garbage bins and was more than receptive to saving bricks. If you need any backup organizing an event, let me know. I passed him the link to this forum as informational and we discussed trying to organize a Fiero gathering for owners to come to the original factory for a last trip. Not sure where we were going to head with that but my thoughts were to find some vendors, both Fiero parts and generic, and try to make it memorable.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 11-02-2012).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5464 posts
Member since Oct 2007
I need to look and see if he gave me a personal number but here are the basics:

http://nadc1.com/demolition-contractors.html

1-800-664-3697
Tim Seagraves

If you pm me your email address I'll forward along what he emails me this weekend. I expect to hear from him at some point. Also, pm me a phone number so I can pass that along to him and CC you as well. I know he was talking a few days of vacation but I did not write down exactly how long.
paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
unable-PMl you, got yellow star

Ron T
PM me and see if I can PM you back

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM received.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2012 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paced84:

Big News about plant #17. demolishion has started. Talked to head of security today. There has been some demolishion started but is in the back part of property. When there is work going on where we can get acess to the front of the plant demolishion security is going to let me know.Will post ASAP. There is an article in the Oakland Press today. Have not seen it yet. Also was told article in the Detroit News, but could not find it. It may be in Detroit News in the Pontiac area. Going to check that out when I am in the area Sat.

Ron T
Historian
Indy owner #305 parts car #244

http://www.theoaklandpress....a6e3a0d052198823.txt

http://www.detroitnews.com/...ay-create-30-50-jobs
http://www.detroitnews.com/...1/AUTO0103/210310398
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2012 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mid month bump
sjd86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjd86Send a Private Message to sjd86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

mid month bump

sjd86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjd86Send a Private Message to sjd86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sjd86

9 posts
Member since Dec 2012
Started on the assembly line there day after graduating in 1986, after we produced the last Fiero in August of 88 a skeleton crew was left behind to clean everything out that wasnt sold off, all the plants in this area are being reduced to concrete slabs stamping plants off columbia plant 15 and 25 were demolished by same company taking down fiero assembly/ fisher body. Also Truck and Bus is now gone to that used to be on opdyke, and the old west assembly over on woodward came down about 5 years ago. GM made and broke our city.
TONY_C

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sjd86: GM made and broke our city.

well, that may be true but the unions sure had a hand in it too. They (the unions) killed the golden goose.
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hate to see this thread go into O/T, but it's worth pointing out that as many times as your child asks for candy, the parent has to say no. The unions could have been uber-responsible, but what narrow-interest group has ever done that? GM said 'yes' to their unrealistic demands because GM could live with the consequences in the short term. In the long term we know what happened, and Michigan is still trying to get up off the mat. The Fiero was the canary in the mineshaft, and GM management was ignorant to the end. By the way...they (GM) are still not out of the woods.

I would like a brick too.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a cool idea. It could be an open picture frame for the owner to put a picture of his(her) choosing. Then a plaque signifying the serial number of the car(s) and year(s) built.

Bob
sjd86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjd86Send a Private Message to sjd86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

That's a cool idea. It could be an open picture frame for the owner to put a picture of his(her) choosing. Then a plaque signifying the serial number of the car(s) and year(s) built.

Bob

paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like late Oct to get bricks #17. received call, they are waiting for the area to be fenced off before the last of demolishing to be completed. will keep posted. Only east wall north wall west wall standing.
Ron

------------------

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woohoo! Almost there! Thanks for picking this one up and running with it. I am sure many will be happy to have a brick or five!
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe someone can get a photo as the plant comes down- even the last walls. Something from a similar angle of an existing production photo- to compare the two
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock