Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Where do you see a fiero values at 10 years from now? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Where do you see a fiero values at 10 years from now? by weloveour86se
Started on: 04-22-2012 10:07 PM
Replies: 83 (6643 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-18-2017 02:09 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2017 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regarding that, about FIero, I mean really... the value will either hold or go up. How could it go down? Its already seemingly too low. But it probably will hold like it has the last 5 years since the original question was posted.

IP: Logged
Keel

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2017 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

The subject of the post is about Fiero values and what they will be worth in 10 years. That' s a legitimate question for curiosity or whatever. I don't believe that there are very many in the Fiero hobby that buy them for investment.

You posted a graph of hobby/collector values to use as your reasoning..
1)values are dropping as the buy my fav. car with a home eq. loan dried up.
2)Many big collectors have started selling off their vehicles, flooding the market of vehicles , more supply than demand
3) Many are embracing clones of tribute cars instead of the perfect , I fear driving it cars
4) The younger car guys don't want nor care about these cars and the older guys are leaving the hobby right by downsizing or death..

The Fiero was never on the radar of any collector that be part of that graph..
As for buying a old car as an investment, I wish it would stop.. no matter the vehicle.. This alone put more of these cars/trucks that people loved and would like to have out of reach, only to be stuffed in a warehouse and forgotten about..
A poster above said he/she thought the new vette might drag the interest up on mid engine cars.. And it just might.. It is also the same basic layout as what the younger crowd is used to transverse set up, only it is in the back. And they might put powerplants most here would never try Honda/etc..
or a motorbike engine..
Who knows.. My take, the Fiero fits in the group of many vehicles.. from that decade.. lack of power, lack of parts, lack of complete vendors to do a swap, mommy's car will still smoke it.. it handles after mods about as good as a stock civic..
And to many that were not of driving age in the 80's the wedge shape does nothing for them..
Clean Fiero or a clean 3rd gen GTA.. same money.. one runs rings around the other in every way, if you are buying performance hobby car.
What one you buy.. The mid engine gutless v6, or the v8 powered rear drive loaded car that not only smokes it, but has an aftermarket that supports it..
Many that used to make parts for the Fiero, took their parts business with them. when they left..
Or if they do still make the parts or sell them they are not that easy to get into contact with..
I'll bet there are more Fiero 3800 swaps in limbo waiting on parts than completed ones..
Want to report your GTA with ls power, one vendor everything boom to your door.. mounts,headers,etc. harness..
Want to do a 3800 swap in a Fiero.. get mounts from one vendor, send your cars harness off to another and pray you get it back, send the ecu off to yet another to get reworked. And all the fiero swaps require an older take out that are not low mile newer engines..
I think someone has a kit for the ls v8 swap but it's 3000.00 +/-.
I like my 2 seater but I know it's limits, I'm also not going to buy a 3000 swap kit to put a 1500.00 alum ls in it..
I also Almost bought an already swapped 3800 powered one, but the what if I ever need a part, that is special to the swap.. it might sideline it for months..
Unless you love the look of these, There isn't much reason for the want, by the time you do a power swap, and upgrade parts to fix the handling and stopping you could just buy a 2010 up pony car.. And that is really the problem with much of this decades cars.. and much off the collector car market..
Do you spend 25-90k on a collector car that looks cool but does nothing all that well, or go buy a new charger/mustang/Camaro/vette. and drive the wheels off them..
There is a reason much of those that cross the block are fresh resto's the owner got the car back after years of rebuild and paint jail, only to drive it and go, This seemed faster and better back when I was 20 but it feels and drives like crap compared to my new (fill in the blank)

[This message has been edited by Keel (edited 08-18-2017).]

Keel

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2017 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeelSend a Private Message to KeelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Keel

403 posts
Member since Feb 2015

Originally posted by 2.5:

Regarding that, about FIero, I mean really... the value will either hold or go up. How could it go down? Its already seemingly too low. But it probably will hold like it has the last 5 years since the original question was posted.

As long as there are a few thousand running around for sale for short money.. The Value isn't going anywhere..
Because of the low buy in, if these had a half decent aftermarket support they might do better..
The car hobby is a bunch about "looks" The 80's wedge shape is an issue as it dates it.. Back then it was cool as it was a total 180 from the earlier styling . but now about as exciting as a wood splitting wedge.. as far as looks go.. The f-body at least still got the coke bottle shape to it..some what..
The 80's it is a love it or hate it look..
If I had a Fiero gt, and the time.. I'd be cutting down a 1985-89 t/a bumper cover to try to make that look for the nose. as I think it look much better than the GT's.. but I have a notchie..

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2017 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Keel:

As long as there are a few thousand running around for sale for short money.. The Value isn't going anywhere..
Because of the low buy in, if these had a half decent aftermarket support they might do better..
The car hobby is a bunch about "looks" The 80's wedge shape is an issue as it dates it.. Back then it was cool as it was a total 180 from the earlier styling . but now about as exciting as a wood splitting wedge.. as far as looks go.. The f-body at least still got the coke bottle shape to it..some what..
The 80's it is a love it or hate it look..
If I had a Fiero gt, and the time.. I'd be cutting down a 1985-89 t/a bumper cover to try to make that look for the nose. as I think it look much better than the GT's.. but I have a notchie..

True the aftermarket falling out farther would affect things.
I actually think the 80s wedge look is what will help them out.
But yes it can be love it or hate it. I think it is coming into style now at least due to the age of 80s era kids.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock