Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Finally a member of the 1988 GT club (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Finally a member of the 1988 GT club by qwikgta
Started on: 04-22-2012 12:51 PM
Replies: 86 (5361 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 12-19-2016 05:30 AM
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2016 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what was the harness rubbing on? It makes no sense that the trans was bad, the motor had low mileage and was a rear end crash, it drove at the time it crashed. What year was the trans? You may have to re-wire the harness because it was done up for a 2003 trans. Sorry about the trans.

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 01-29-2016).]

IP: Logged
SSN669chris

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2016 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SSN669chrisSend a Private Message to SSN669chrisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem at all. Always a risk when you buy things.

The wires that were running near the harmonic balancer were the one rubbed. Most likely I disturbed them from where you intended to run them. The trans is how my luck runs. I have replaced it and it is good now. Of course the return line blew off on the test drive even though it was the same way it had been for the last 100 miles. fortunate that I had the tools with me and could fix it, but almost ran out of transmission fluid and the car looks like a murder victim now. I will button the rest up tomorrow and hopefully when I get back in town I can get back on track with it.

Chris
SSN669chris

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SSN669chrisSend a Private Message to SSN669chrisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally reliably on the road again, or at least for now. The transmission swap is done and I added an-6 lines for the transmission lines. A little overkill but after loosing a line I was taking no chances. Re worked my frozen calipers and replaced the rotors. After the mess I had with drop springs and the 12in brake kit I decided to go back to stock springs and Rodney's 1 in drop ball joints. I still had clearance issues though. The paint did not hold up well when I installed the calipers so they will be next on the list for the powder coaters after the rims.
I also installed the coil overs and can actually fit the low profile jack under the car now. No more driving up on a patio brick to get the car high enought to get a jack under it.

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2016 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great thread. Thanks

[This message has been edited by 1MohrFiero (edited 12-17-2016).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2016 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SSN669chris:
...After the mess I had with drop springs and the 12in brake kit I decided to go back to stock springs and Rodney's 1 in drop ball joints. I still had clearance issues though.

The lowering ball joints will actually create more of an issue with the rotors, than will the lowering springs.
I have lowering springs on the front of my coupe, with the 12" rotors. No issues whatsoever.
BUT, you will need to "clearance" the tips of the lower control arms.

Check this thread.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/069174.html
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2016 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar, I actually bought this car from Chris. Its my motor swap pulled out of the Black GT from Page 1 and installed into Chris's 88 GT (the red car). So in the end, i'm still a member of the 88 GT club.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/097020.html

Rob
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2016 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hah! Okay. I thought it was your car, but I just happened to notice the "C4 rotor interference" comment, so I thought I'd throw my .02 out there, FWIW.
Nice ride!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock