Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Does anyone still build or care about 308 body kits? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Does anyone still build or care about 308 body kits? by cam-a-lot
Started on: 04-14-2012 05:02 PM
Replies: 102 (10127 views)
Last post by: Australian on 01-19-2022 05:41 AM
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Thanx Sage. Perfect views.

I hate to say it, but I declined a very generous offer by Doug for the pieces. So, if someone is interested, please contact Doug. I'm pretty sure he will make you the same offer.

With the wheelbase fixed (lots of axle work) and the wheels purchased, I just couldn't use the fenders and they need to be sold as a set with the rockers to properly show them off.

I'll probably kick myself later...

Bob

C'mon Bob, you KNOW you WANT them....
IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Are you checking to see if it fits on a stock/fastback roofline?

...I've always liked that look - wouldn't mind getting one myself!

i was curious about this too as i was talking to some kit car companies about getting one to play with.

Sage any pics of this laying on a fastback ?

Any idea if this would fit ?
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony:

Here are a couple pics I just took of the wing sitting on my 88GT.

As you can see, it just barely spans the trailing butresses, and there is only a small edge catching that allows it to sit there.

There are ways it could be made to work, but the other issue is going to be clearance with the decklid in the up position. Didn't open the lid while I had it on there, but it will hit unless you take steps to limit its travel, which again, if you REALLY wanted to install one of these on a stock GT, could be accomplished.

Anyway, just trying to answer your question. Here's the pics:

Sorry for the crappy pictures, using my crappy phone to take them!

Anyway, bottom line is yes, it could be done, but you could also go to the moon if you had a rocket...

"We aim to please...it's just that sometimes the target moves after you've let go the arrow!"

HAGO!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks sage ! what price do these go for ?
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:
... if you draw a center line down through the "feet" in the middle between front edge and back edge, and measure between them side to side, I measure right at 45".... Let me know if that's not what you wanted, or it's unclear from my description.

Clear as mud. Kidding... I understand what you're (trying) to say.

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
Are you checking to see if it fits on a stock/fastback roofline?.

No, but that's a neat idea just the same. I've got a Canadian 308 kit called a Stinger (www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083063.html) that was made from different molds than the Mera and Mera clones (Fejer) so I was wondering if that roof spoiler would fit without too much modification. Still have to go measure my car to see though...

Sage, could you PM me a cost estimate (less shipping) as well? Thanks.
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony:

Here's what they are going for on ebay....http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fer...em518ce8dae8&vxp=mtr

And no....that is not a new or used actual f-car part, it is a fiberglass replacement..the guy lists that he's sold 27 of them!

We haven't really figured out a price yet, when we do, we'll post it up.

HAGO!

BB-will pm you.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony:

Here's what they are going for on ebay....http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fer...em518ce8dae8&vxp=mtr

And no....that is not a new or used actual f-car part, it is a fiberglass replacement..the guy lists that he's sold 27 of them!

We haven't really figured out a price yet, when we do, we'll post it up.

HAGO!

BB-will pm you.

Ouch,..that is a little steep for me,...especially if i still had to do some work to get it to fit correctly.

Not saying the piece is not worth that, (especially if they are being sold at that price) but it would be more than i would be willing to pay.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased one about a year ago for the Enterra and Archie and i did not like how it looked on the Enterra or the Chop top so in the parts bin it goes

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There ya go Tony! Just talk Troy into "donating" to you for research, won't put you out a penny, unless you have to pay shipping.

We've decided if we make and sell them, they will list for $250 with studs installed, and $200 without, which means the customer can use whatever fastners they want.

As I said earlier, it can be made to fit on a stock Fiero, but my guess is the decklid is gonna hit when opened, but again, if you want it bad enough it can be worked out.

HAGO!
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

.... but my guess is the decklid is gonna hit when opened ...

... and, if you're like me, you'll then hit your head on the decklid when you go into the trunk for something

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 06-03-2014).]

Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm very interested in a roof spoiler. I'm working on an air-to-air intercooler mounted under it. I would need to build a lower shroud to force the rooftop airflow through it and insulate it from rising heat out of the decklid vents, but I think it should work good. Similar to the Ford RS200.

PFF
System Bot
rick zentz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rick zentzSend a Private Message to rick zentzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick in Wisconsin, whoever ends up with these parts please contact me. I badly need a front clip, hood, and headlight
cover in order to restore my 88. Please contact me at rick.zentz@gkn.com or phone me at 608-361-1839. I will pick up
parts anytime, anywhere, thanks.
rick zentz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rick zentzSend a Private Message to rick zentzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rick zentz

3 posts
Member since Oct 2014
Hello Rick in Wisconsin, whoever ends up with these parts please contact me. I need a front clip, hood, and headlight cover. If
anyone knows of a aftermarket manufacture of the parts I need also contact me at rick.zentz@gkn.com or by phone at 608-361-1839.
These parts will complete my project to restore my 88, thanks.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick, email sent to you.
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent to Rick.

HAGO!
JOHNSALAS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2021 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JOHNSALASSend a Private Message to JOHNSALASEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 308 body kit if anybody wants to make me an offer on it. Im located in Houston Tx.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2021 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that what you have there is a 308 'shell'

There was a time when I thought a 308 bodies Fiero would be cool but then I grew to appreciated just how unique the Fiero shape is already.
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2021 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't know you could revive a 7 year-old thread. What is the Pennock's statute of limitations??
JOHNSALAS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2021 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JOHNSALASSend a Private Message to JOHNSALASEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I still have this kit
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2021 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that the kit car market has all but disappeared. The Fiero is no longer the cheap sports car that appealed to the youth market, the ownership is mainly getting older and the changing demographics in the next generation cause little interest in hobbies. There are also fewer Fieros to be had these days. The people that own Meras and 308 replcars will surely keep them but we are talking about probably way less than 500 vehicles in North America.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2021 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I believe that the kit car market has all but disappeared. The Fiero is no longer the cheap sports car that appealed to the youth market, the ownership is mainly getting older and the changing demographics in the next generation cause little interest in hobbies. There are also fewer Fieros to be had these days. The people that own Meras and 308 replcars will surely keep them but we are talking about probably way less than 500 vehicles in North America.

If some enterprising manufacturer wants to make a Prius body kit, that might be a big seller. The Mera and 308 kits are much more of a product of their times.... The 80s.

PFF
System Bot
W41duvernay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2021 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for W41duvernaySend a Private Message to W41duvernayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is anyone still doing the 308/328 body kits witht the rims now? looking to ls an 88 soon.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2022 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Based on the rear window visor it couldn't be to to difficult to bend up a tinted acrylic version.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock