Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I am putting together a 24 hours of LeMons team in VA, you want in????? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I am putting together a 24 hours of LeMons team in VA, you want in????? by Racer_JT
Started on: 01-28-2012 11:37 PM
Replies: 75 (2289 views)
Last post by: tnkgnr on 08-30-2016 08:47 PM
Racer_JT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am putting together a team in the Charlottesville, VA area. Car will be a Fiero GT. I ran last year for someone else at Summit. Looking to do Summit in June and CMP in Sept. I only have one other driver at this point. I have several people whom say they want in but we all know how that goes when it comes down to it ($$$$$). Please let me know if you are interest in talking about either driving or just being a part of the team.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish you luck!!! Sounds like a great experience from all the other lemons and assorted racing I've seen so far.

I wish there could be something like this in my area, I'd love to be on board
pete 2m4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you post some details? Like what you need as far as safety equipment, what would it cost me etc. I always found this to be intriguing and wanted to do one.
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am also doing the lemons race at summit point this summer! I already have a team though so i can't help you out unless maybe i drive with you at CMP. CMP is to far for me to haul my junk and crew. I'd have no problem with bringing myself though.

I'm calling DIBS on this paint scheme !

Let me know if you'd be interested in me driving with you at CMP.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess you can call that paint job but mine will be yellow and red.

are you going to be in a fiero at summit? that would be nice to pit together. Were you there last year? Where do you live?

we can diffidently talk about cmp too

[This message has been edited by Racer_JT (edited 01-29-2012).]

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Racer_JT

1419 posts
Member since Apr 2002
Pete:

You have to have your own gear, fire suit, helmet, gloves and shoes. You can go cheap on this stuff of about 500. http://store.24hoursoflemon...category/?tag=safety or you can get the better stuff about 750 which I have and is nice. You do not have to buy from that link. If you go direct to Pyrotech you can get it it a little cheaper than through the lemons site. Also found this place even cheaper but dont know much about them http://grm.racingjunk.com/O...Driver-Packages.html

Each of the four drivers will also be responsible for their 1/4 of all the car fees and cost. fees are 1000 and the cost of running the car is estimated at around 1000-1500 for fuel, tires and so on. For this I will keep records to show total cost. So figure 1/4 to be about 650 plus the $250 car entrance fee
So if you have your own fire suit already 800 - 900 per entire weekend

Sorry forgot about the LeMons Licence fee that you must pay yearly of 50 http://registration.24hours...register/type/driver

Check out and let me know what you think.

[This message has been edited by Racer_JT (edited 02-13-2013).]

SCCAFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCAFieroSend a Private Message to SCCAFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JT and I had some brief discussion on how close my car is to meeting the rules for Lemons and Chumpcar. My car actually needs some additional cage work to pass tech in either group, but nothing that is too difficult.

While I try not to hijack other people's threads, this is probably a good place to bring this up, since it may help him as well. I have been asked if I was willing to get my car ready for the 14 hour Chump car race in Daytona in May or Sebring later in the year. How do some of you guys that have done this, split the "real" costs since I am guessing a couple people probably do most of the car work and others are more just drivers.

If I show up with a race ready car, spares and tools to run, I really don't want to split the entry fee, and fuel costs evenly when the other drivers are pretty much just showing up and driving. By the time the race starts, the hard part of getting the car ready to race is done. In my case the person who asked could afford the whole thing but does not have an appreciation for what it takes to get a car ready to race. Anyone else split costs in a time vs. cash system?
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
damn so much fun i would think the offers would flood in. bump
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it "lemons" or "Le Mans". Makes some difference I guess...

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com

Currently being upgraded at Whodeanie Customs with many TLG Automotive parts

Pictures Modifications

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LeMons www.24HoursofLeMons.com

If it was Le Mans I dont think I would be asking people if they want to drive for me..........oh yeah also I dont think a Fiero fits thier rule book anymore ;~}
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Racer_JT

1419 posts
Member since Apr 2002

I was thinking I would do this paint theme ........

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racer_JT:

LeMons www.24HoursofLeMons.com

If it was Le Mans I dont think I would be asking people if they want to drive for me..........oh yeah also I dont think a Fiero fits thier rule book anymore ;~}

LOL, I had never heard of that! :-)
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in Northern VA, and could potentially put some time into the project.
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JT im in Delaware. I think it would be bada55 to have the two color schemes there at the same time! Yes i will be in a fiero, an 85 GT .

------------------

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you run Capital Offense last year?

this car was there with us .......
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ran CMP last year in my contour. Trying to pick up a C3 vette here to do.

First things - Everyone who says their word is golden and you can count on is fulla **** . money and time talk. Its a huge undertaking but WELL worth it in the end.

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found several c4 on craigslist for $1000 that had damage but would have worked well for racing. This is when I was looking and not sure what I was going to run. But I always kept saying I really want to run a Fiero. I have always had them and my favorite why would I race anything else. So that is what we are doing. The car I am picking up does not need much to be ready to race so that is a plus. I will just have to do what "I" want to do to it.

Are you planning to do Summit or just CMP this year?

Right now I am on ebay trying to find a couple of sets of 17" wheels to work

[This message has been edited by Racer_JT (edited 01-30-2012).]

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone interested in running a LeMons race would be doing themselves a favor by contacting John Stricker (jstricker). He no longer posts here, but he can be reached via email. John has run several LeMons races, although in a Toyota, and has a lot of good knowledge about what you can do, what you can't, etc. The thing to keep in mind....you cannot have more than $500 in your car, with safety equipment being the exception.
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JT this will be my first lemons race. The 500 dollar rule is good to keep cars competitive. I picked up my 85 gt for 100 bucks about 6 years ago or so. its been sitting waiting for me to put a v8 in it but i think it will do just fine for the lemons race. The rules make it seem if you can part out the car you can reinvest that money into the car. I found a u pull it that sells engine for around 200 if you pull it yourself . . . any engine

------------------

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the last lap from Capital Offense 2011. Driving for Rusty Tear Racing. The car was basically all bone stock 2.8 with izuzu 5spd. Yes the car was slow. The tires were way to tall and gave us a horrible acceleration. The front end needed to be lowered a bunch. The car just on the verge of being to loose. This was good for rotation but would quite often result in having to back off on the exit. Still we did finish 3rd in class!!!!

hairballrm

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sponsored two Chumpcar teams with projector headlights last year
I look forward to supporting those teams next year.
In Chumpcar, the lights were considered "safety equipment" and did not effect the overall value of the car.
This is a profound advantage that many teams do not see.

What are the rules in LeMons?

------------------
"Now you too can see in the dark."
http://projectorretrofit.com/

PFF
System Bot
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The races that I will run in Lemons does not run at night. I am thinking about running a chump car at VIR in the fall that is a true 24 hours. I would need a good setup for the night race then.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We -trueleo racing- race a very competitive MR2 -the white one below- in chump and lemons, here's a link with showing how my son kept the cost down while still building a fast car. I'm sure you can apply much to a fiero project.
Go to Cost and Budget at the link below.
http://trueleo.com/BiohazardBudget.htm

------------------

trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 01-31-2012).]

dprice1417

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dprice1417Click Here to visit dprice1417's HomePageSend a Private Message to dprice1417Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i would be very interested in running the race. i used to work at gateway intertnational raceway in st. louis area when i lived back home in illinois. now i live in maryland right outside of dc due to being in the navy. let me know if you are still looking for people.
thanks
david
dprice1417

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dprice1417Click Here to visit dprice1417's HomePageSend a Private Message to dprice1417Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dprice1417

16 posts
Member since Jan 2012
also i have all the required safety equipment... probably better than what they require because i worked fire safety at gateway i have top of the line fire suit, gloves, boots, and helmet.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
trueleo: I met you guys last year at Summit. You were pitting with my buddy Bill. All of you guys run a tight ship there. I heard it squeaking!

dprice: see the 6th post down for details. After looking that over give me shout and we can talk about you joining up!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gee--seems like LeMons has caught on big. I hear there's a North Texas PFFer getting a Fiero ready for it as well.
I watched JStricker and the Mighty Toyota run at Houston a few years ago, and If you can't participate, at least go see a race--it's a hoot just to watch the judges mete out "penalties". Sometimes, I think they made up the rules as they went along that weekend.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would really love to see a bunch of guys and girls from PFF come out to Summit and chear on the FIERO's We have 2 from here and I am sure the black 82 will be there as well. A PFF crowd would be awesome. I guess we are going to have to see about a PFF banner to fly over our pits???????? Hey Cliff you hear that? Anybody want to donate to the cause? Also have to have some PFF stickers on the cars
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Gee--seems like LeMons has caught on big. I hear there's a North Texas PFFer getting a Fiero ready for it as well....

That might be me, we got our strut towers welded in on Monday!

We got invited to drive another teams car also, we will be in the next eagles canyon race Fiero or not.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

That might be me, we got our strut towers welded in on Monday!

We got invited to drive another teams car also, we will be in the next eagles canyon race Fiero or not.

That would be you--I didn't want to put your name out there for you.

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't remember seeing anyone else post from North Texas about running lemons but would love it if there was.

We aren't finished with the car yet, so far we have just two drivers, once the car is finished we will be looking for people with their own gear and don't mind paying their share of the entry to drive with us.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 02-02-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dprice and Will where are you at? give me an email or phone call
jesse @ Thomas Built.net
dprice1417

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dprice1417Click Here to visit dprice1417's HomePageSend a Private Message to dprice1417Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sent you an email let me know if you have anything come up.
DonP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2012 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonPClick Here to visit DonP's HomePageSend a Private Message to DonPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I can join in....... We ran an 88 Formula in a LeMons race a couple months back at Infineon raceway. What a blast. Started out like this

and at the end of ....or rather in the middle of lap two we looked like this

That last photo is after the judges had a bit of fun with paint cans. We are scheduled to run at Infineon again in March. There was another Fiero running out of the S.F. Bay area.
Dont have a picture of his Fiero, but this was the team at tech inspection

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racer_JT:

Dprice and Will where are you at? give me an email or phone call
jesse @ Thomas Built.net

It's been ridiculous this week at work.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will I understand the crazy times. Give me a call when you can.

Don are you on this coast???
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2012 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: Looks like a made deal on a 44ft Trailer to move the team around. Should be going to pick up the car in two weeks.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2012 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Racer_JT

1419 posts
Member since Apr 2002
PHREK, hows your car prep going? I am hoping to pick mine up from Mich. in two weeks to get it ready.
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2012 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if I as physically capable and able to get to the track I would LOVE to be the 3rd driver.
it's an experience for only the true car nuts. I use to be able to drive a car for hours and hours on end with no break.
you really become part of the car.

BEST OF LUCK!!!!
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2012 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the good luck, bullet. I am sure we will need it, we are racing a Fiero after all.
You know you can always come hang out with us at the track. Everybody is welcome to come hang out in my pits.

http://www.facebook.com/KissMyTailLights

Will, ring my phone over the weekend!

[This message has been edited by Racer_JT (edited 02-18-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave