Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Thanks to Cliff and the Fiero community (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Thanks to Cliff and the Fiero community by JCircs
Started on: 11-05-2011 09:31 PM
Replies: 144 (7685 views)
Last post by: JCircs on 07-23-2018 03:55 PM
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! I really like amida's center console sub, do you know what the price is for one of those now?

-Mitch

------------------
My Car - 87' GT 3800sc
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/121571.html#p0

IP: Logged
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

Nice! I really like amida's center console sub, do you know what the price is for one of those now?

-Mitch

There are a couple of options, I would just PM Amida he usually reply's the same day.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After two long years trying to perfect the turbo setup on the 3.4 and countless hours on the tune, I can finally say I'm done. It's quick it sounds great, gets good gas mileage with the 4t60, it idles and runs perfect. At this point there's only one thing left to do....

That's right, pull it out and start over! I've reached the maximum realistic potential of that setup, it's on a pallet on its way to Texas.

Just in time for the new project to start, I now introduce the donor............

Let the fun begin!

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 08-09-2017).]

quins&dads88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for quins&dads88Send a Private Message to quins&dads88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Offs! Can one never be happy with what one has??? I was so engrossed in your build and was feeling like yea, the end is near and he's on the path to Nirvana. and ya go and do this! My gawd man! Looking forward to seeing what's in store for your ride.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have all my swap parts ordered using community vendors, plus a few extra goodies from ZZP. I can start the cleanup while I wait for the goods to arrive.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's this for 7 days progress?

jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What a great thread. Reminds me of a certain beer commercial: "Stay thirsty my friends"
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All kinds of good stuff showed up on my doorstep yesterday. WCF mounts and brackets, Phonedawgz harness, Sinisters tuned PCM and the rest of my exhaust. Hopefully today the coilovers and the cold air intake show up, if so Tuesday it's going in!
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jerry...dang didn't expect you to flip it that quick. The 3.4 Turbo is being prepped for its new home as well.
Will send pictures once installed.

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Jerry...dang didn't expect you to flip it that quick. The 3.4 Turbo is being prepped for its new home as well.
Will send pictures once installed.

Nice, can't wait to see that thing run with a manual trans. As far as my swap goes I can't stop till its complete, I received a few more parts yesterday..

Coilovers and the ballance of the exhaust showed up today. Just waiting on a few more items, once they arrive this will be installed Ina day.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are going to need a diff SC tensioner. Yours will hit Firewall.

What type of paint did you use?

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 06-27-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

You are going to need a diff SC tensioner. Yours will hit Firewall.

What type of paint did you use?

Yes I heard. A combination of caliper, engine and header paints.
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd lose the breather and keep the stock pcv system.

Dave

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you using a FieroFreak Fuel rail?
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you using a FieroFreak Fuel rail?

Yes
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have your Pass side axle yet? If NOT ping mstangsbware. You keep going at this pace and you will be on the road in another three weeks.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you have your Pass side axle yet? If NOT ping mstangsbware. You keep going at this pace and you will be on the road in another three weeks.

Yes both axles are made, 3 weeks more like 3 days. My plan is to install tomorrow night, the only things I'm waiting for is the fuel rails from Fierofreak (not yet shipped) GTP supercharger tensioner pulley assembly (might get tonight) oil filter adaptor (shipped) everything else is ready to go. I had a plan to have it done in 30 days and this weekend is 30 days.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New powertrain new look, out with the old,

And in with the new...

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@JCircs Excellent build !!!! love whats ya doin with that engine ...... I have a question for you or any 3800 SC gurus out there .... Is there a reason why most 3800 SC don't use dual exhaust set ups? Sorry for the NOOB question its just its been biting my brain for a while... Thanks for the info and best of luck on that wonderful build !!!
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 07-21-2014).]

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

@JCircs Excellent build !!!! love whats ya doin with that engine ...... I have a question for you or any 3800 SC gurus out there .... Is there a reason why most 3800 SC don't use dual exhaust set ups? Sorry for the NOOB question its just its been biting my brain for a while... Thanks for the info and best of luck on that wonderful build !!!
Danyel

Thanks Danyel, I'm not sure why the true duel setup isn't more popular. It seems simple to do using the original Fiero routing for the rear header. I'm using the more popular single 3" to duel 2-1/2" with a Magnaflow muffler. Here are some progress pictures of the install and my new wheel and tire combo, still need to adjust the coilovers and give her a bath, she's been through a lot this month.

13.3 on a power log and 3.4 pulley.

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 10-29-2016).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Love the wheels and swap! Awesome work.
PFF
System Bot
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Exhaust.. Check

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New coilovers installed and a updated shot of the engine bay.

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 08-23-2014).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! What did yoy put on your decklid vents? Mine look black, and I'm not sure if I want to leave them black, or grey them up a bit.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to add my first go at drag racing.
[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/1ff0MnOwNIc[/YOUTUBE]

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 02-22-2015).]

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Sweet! What did yoy put on your decklid vents? Mine look black, and I'm not sure if I want to leave them black, or grey them up a bit.

They are factory black.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2014 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick update to add phase II of operation L67, the journey to sub 12.........
XP-Hot cam from ZZP, 140# springs, Roll Master double timing chain and 42# injectors,

Full size Phenolic intercooler, ported lower intake manifold and a ported exhaust manifold.

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything is in. XP hot cam, 140# springs, Roll master double chain, 42# injectors, heads resurfaced, phenolic full size intercooler and a 3.0 pulley. Rear deck kid modified and another project complete.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spent the day at the track.

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As my quest for 11's continues I found a brandy new gen V blower I just couldn't pass up. I can't believe the shine a little polishing brings out, I almost don't wanna paint it.

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 04-09-2016).]

Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man on a mission! if this doesn't do it what's next?
PFF
System Bot
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

I don't know Grantman, maybe transmission? From what I've been reading, a Northstar and a Gen V to my current setup should have very noticeable gains. I can only hope the gains are at least .130 of a second, and we probably won't find out till spring because the track closes in 12 days and I need a complete retune with the new N* and MAF.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After a little work... Voila

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 04-09-2016).]

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2015 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Just keeping the thread alive through the winter.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2015 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gen V on yet or waiting for Spring?
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2015 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the car and setup! The car is similar to the 87 GT I built for my dad, which is white with black rims and has the 3800sc and auto. The engine mods on the other hand are almost identical to my 88 GT except I have a getrag 282 and spec 4 setup.

Are you maxing out your stock injectors or have you upgraded? I have a set of 60# Siemens that will go in next year.

You might also need to upgrade the input shafts and chain on your tranny if you get much more power ... see clubgp.com or 3800pro.com for more info.

Can't wait to see what you run with the gen V

[This message has been edited by Luke (edited 01-05-2015).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2015 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Custom Tune + zzp race pellet programming, Custom Headers to keep trunk or GTP style headers with 1/3 trunk cut!
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2015 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe a Zex N2O wet 75 shot kit, I don't think it will be needed. I think I could have shaved a few tenths off with some adjustments to the tune. I didn't want to waste any time on it because I knew I was gonna end up with the gen V, N* which requires a full retune anyway.

Gen V on yet or waiting for Spring?

I have everything here just didn't have the time with the holidays and all, now with them behind us I will get to it.

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 01-05-2015).]

85LAMB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2015 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JC
nice build thread

The intercoolers build by sseilmnop are GEN3 n GEN5 specific,
If you go w/ a Gen 5 blower you might have to change the intercooler.
I just wanted to give you a heads up before you tore it down.
Here is the link to where I read this :

http://www.3800pro.com/foru...n-m90-stage-3-a.html
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2015 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

JC
nice build thread

The intercoolers build by sseilmnop are GEN3 n GEN5 specific,
If you go w/ a Gen 5 blower you might have to change the intercooler.
I just wanted to give you a heads up before you tore it down.
Here is the link to where I read this :

http://www.3800pro.com/foru...n-m90-stage-3-a.html

I will be running the Gen V blower with the Gen 3 Intercooler and ported LIM. The SSEILMNOP setup has been flow tested and has shown very little to no difference between the two when using the ported LIM and gen 3 IC with the Gen V blower. There is a ton of data and info on this if you search the Grand Prix forums. I was actually going to replace my IC but after speaking to Ed (SSEILMNOP) and doing some reading I decided not to. Thanks for the heads up tho.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock