Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My First Fiero Build with @ClubDana and @FIEROSMIGLA... (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My First Fiero Build with @ClubDana and @FIEROSMIGLA... by repnblvd
Started on: 08-03-2011 06:53 PM
Replies: 145 (9026 views)
Last post by: repnblvd on 07-28-2015 10:53 PM
85LAMB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that looks really nice

what size of tires are you running ?

What is the back spacing on the rear wheels ?

Did you keep the 5x100 bolt pattern ?
IP: Logged
repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

that looks really nice

what size of tires are you running ?

What is the back spacing on the rear wheels ?

Did you keep the 5x100 bolt pattern ?

Thanks!. Still 5x100. 225/35/19 front, 245/35/19 rear. plus 30 on the 9.5 inch rear. Camber bolts are a must. Still haven't had it aligned yet, just eyed it. Going to have them camber it as much as possible. I think it's pretty much there already.

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'86 Fiero GT "Old Yeller"
'85 GT "DOA"
'02 Aztek

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by repnblvd:
... Thinking of changing out the red centers of the Privats with silver and black.

Definitely agree with that. Those red centers attract too much attention. Those are very nice wheels. I love how pre-88s can swallow an 8.5" wheel so easy at front. But I think you need bigger tires at the back. With that 9.5" you should have at least 265s.
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is looking very nice man. Pretty shade of blue you have chosen there. The wheels set it off tastefully. IMHO you need to replace the exhaust tips with some vette tips or something because they would look better and more updated against those nice rims. Also it COULD sit a little lower in the front.... Other than that......PERFECT!! Nicely done and I am sure you are enjoying this nice ride as well you should. Peace

Pete

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@alex, dunlops run kinda wide, the 265s stuck out too much, plus I like the stretch look. @pete, I was thinking square camaro tips. I'll post a pic later. They're 2x8 and fill the exhaust gap pretty nicely. @fierosmigla helped with the lowering. He said the fronts should settle in and lower another 1/4 to 1/2 inch. If not, I think my only option would be to do the 1" ball joint drop and that's too much. Coilovers are in her future I am pretty sure. Doing the fiero store front and rear sway bars soon. Just sitting in the boxes along with the big brake kit for now...

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"
'02 Aztek

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good man, Personally I prefer the four tip look but to each his own. The rest of the car is looking very classy. Any plans for engine mods? Peace

Pete

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Sounds good man, Personally I prefer the four tip look but to each his own. The rest of the car is looking very classy. Any plans for engine mods? Peace

Pete

Thinking of Supercharged Series II. Problem is it costs more than the chop and the car runs amazing. So... probably chop, then swap.

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"
'02 Aztek

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am curious as to why if you have plans to chop it that you went ahead and paid for a nice paint job on it? I guess it is a stage build then. Personally a 3800 is in my cars future probably turbo but that will depend on funds. Having driven a couple 3800SC cars I can attest to the fact that they haul ever lovin' ass and run very nice. It is a good fit for this car and really wakes up the performance of the car substantially. It has been done many many times now too so it is a proven entity in my mind and that is always a good thing. The fact that the fastest fiero's around all have the 3800 engine does not hurt any either. Anyways good luck with your build it is looking very nice. Sure wish I was living down there in Florida again. It is really nice up here in East Tennessee especially today but I miss the beach!! peace

Pete
repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am curious as to why if you have plans to chop it that you went ahead and paid for a nice paint job on it? I guess it is a stage build then. Personally a 3800 is in my cars future probably turbo but that will depend on funds. Having driven a couple 3800SC cars I can attest to the fact that they haul ever lovin' ass and run very nice. It is a good fit for this car and really wakes up the performance of the car substantially. It has been done many many times now too so it is a proven entity in my mind and that is always a good thing. The fact that the fastest fiero's around all have the 3800 engine does not hurt any either. Anyways good luck with your build it is looking very nice. Sure wish I was living down there in Florida again. It is really nice up here in East Tennessee especially today but I miss the beach!! peace

Pete

The guy that chops is my paint guy. He did @fierosmigla's chop and paint. Knew it would be a while until i did the chop and I want to drive it and have fun with it. He only has to to repaint the top and rear quarter when he does the chop. The guy is a fiberglass and paint master. I think it's worth the extra so that I can have fun for a year or so before I am without it for a month or 2 in the future...

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"
'02 Aztek

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh interesting, I was under the impression that FIerosmiglia did his own chop and paint. That black car looks amazingly smooth. Personally I think the archie widebody kits on a non-chopped car look better than a chopped one but that black car is an exception it looks very good and the paint at least in pictures appears flawless. Besides the fiero is kinda low in the ceiling as it is. I can also understand the idea that you would want to drive and enjoy the car while you wait for the choptop opportunity to come by. Anyways, again your car looks very nice and tastefully done. I am sure you will get lots of compliments on it when you drive it around. Enjoy it man. peace

Pete

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sam,

Once you get it chopped, me, you, ron, Pedro, and Dave (fierocious Gt) need to roll out and cruise out and into some non-fiero car shows and watch the jaws drop hehehe.
PFF
System Bot
repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Pete! And hell yeah Tony (exoticse)!!! I wish I could make the meeting this time but my girl got us Tom Petty tickets! woo-ha!

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"
'02 Aztek

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

repnblvd

132 posts
Member since Aug 2011
Thinking of this for exhaust. Thoughts?

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"
'02 Aztek

FIEROSMIGLA

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Ron. But... not I had to repost this so people could see what they look like ON the car when they scroll to the bottom. ha.

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008

Thanks Ron. But... not I had to repost this so people could see what they look like ON the car when they scroll to the bottom. ha.

I saw your car list your forgetting that 86 black Gt !! Lol we need to start on that next!!

------------------
1987 FIERO GT BLACK CHOP TOP AUTO SOLID ROOF
1987 FIERO GT GOLD AUTO SOLID ROOF
1988 FIERO GT RED 5 Speed

2012 Nissan 370z Nismo
2007 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR
2006 MERCEDES SLK

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008

Originally posted by exoticse:
Sam,

Once you get it chopped, me, you, ron, Pedro, and Dave (fierocious Gt) need to roll out and cruise out and into some non-fiero car shows and watch the jaws drop hehehe.

I'm 100% into that idea but TONY don't leave us behind we only have a 2.8 LOL Some day a SC!!!!

------------------

2012 Nissan 370z Nismo
2006 MERCEDES SLK

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROSMIGLA

324 posts
Member since Nov 2008

Thinking of this for exhaust. Thoughts?

I'm a round tip fan but I still like it !

------------------

2012 Nissan 370z Nismo
2006 MERCEDES SLK

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROSMIGLA:

I'm a round tip fan but I still like it !

I'd like an acura TL type, squared/rounded/tapered in on each side. These are only like 20 bucks or less each so easy to sell or give away if I dont like after they're on...

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"
'02 Aztek

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I said in my previous post I really think the vette tips would look at home on that car. They just look sweet and are nice and shiny!! It would be my choice. hehe peace

Pete

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got some compliments last night, along with a "what is that"? Older couple thought it was a new car... Bonus! Wait til it's chopped, then it'll really look like a 2013...

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"
'02 Aztek

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2012 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got the news... Horray!

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"
'02 Aztek

PFF
System Bot
repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2012 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So... My girlfriends sisted asked to borrow a shirt to sleep in. My gf told her to go into my closet and she pulled out a Fiero thermal! I asked my gf if she would put on the shirt she bought me for X-Mas (Fiero Fury) for a picture. She did. HA! What a cool gf I have...

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"
'02 Aztek

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So... My girlfriends sisted asked to borrow a shirt to sleep in. My gf told her to go into my closet and she pulled out a Fiero thermal! I asked my gf if she would put on the shirt she bought me for X-Mas (Fiero Fury) for a picture. She did. HA! What a cool gf I have...

Nice !

Are they twins ?? They look almost identical.

Very attractive,...nice catch sam !
repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2012 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha. Thx. No, not twins...

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"
'02 Aztek

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pete

Sam I'm with Pete go for the Vette 4 tip look.

------------------
1987 FIERO GT MED RED 5spd
1988 FIERO GT RED 5 Spd SOLIDROOF

2012 Nissan 370z Nismo
2006 MERCEDES SLK

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While putting on the Hub Rings, Re-Balancing, and Changing out Center-Caps, I had a chance to take some pics of the New KYB Rear Struts and the German Spec Eibach Springs on the Rear...

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"

'02 Aztek

[This message has been edited by repnblvd (edited 05-07-2012).]

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

repnblvd

132 posts
Member since Aug 2011
While putting on the Hub Rings, Re-Balancing, and Changing out Center-Caps, I had a chance to take some pics of the New KYB Front Shocks, the Rodney Dickman Adjustable Ball Joints, and the German Spec Eibach Springs on the Front...

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"

'02 Aztek

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

repnblvd

132 posts
Member since Aug 2011
Could MAYYBBBEEE fit a few business cards in the gap on the rear between the Tire and the Strut Tower...

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"

'02 Aztek

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

repnblvd

132 posts
Member since Aug 2011
Swapped out the Red Centers with Black and a Little Blue... Love the new look over the Red...

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"

'02 Aztek

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

repnblvd

132 posts
Member since Aug 2011
Looks SOOOO much better with the Black and Blue Centers over the Red. You can see a little bit of my newest project "Old Yeller"

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"

'02 Aztek

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

repnblvd

132 posts
Member since Aug 2011
I think the car looks MUCH Better with the Black and Blue Centers over the Reds. Looks like a totally different set of wheels. It looks much cleaner and more factory.

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"

'02 Aztek

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROSMIGLA:
I saw your car list your forgetting that 86 black Gt !! Lol we need to start on that next!!

Black 86 GT ??!

Do tell !

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fresh bath for mine and FieroSmigla's new '87 5 speed...

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"

'02 Aztek

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fresh bath for mine and FieroSmigla's new '87 5 speed...

Those wheels look wicked in person .

------------------
1987 FIERO GT MED RED 5spd
1988 FIERO GT RED 5 Spd SOLIDROOF

2012 Nissan 370z Nismo
2006 MERCEDES SLK

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking forward to seing the car at one of the meeting

FIEROSMIGLA
please check you pm

[This message has been edited by 85LAMB (edited 05-11-2012).]

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Need alignment! This shop out in Clermont FL is always slammed...

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"

'02 Aztek

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think the car looks MUCH Better with the Black and Blue Centers over the Reds. Looks like a totally different set of wheels. It looks much cleaner and more factory.

There's just *something* about the styling of this car that I like for some reason......
VERY NICE .

------------------

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

There's just *something* about the styling of this car that I like for some reason......
VERY NICE .

THANKS MAN. Appreciate it.

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"

'02 Aztek

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DAMN YOU BUGS!!!

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"

'02 Aztek

[This message has been edited by repnblvd (edited 05-21-2012).]

repnblvd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for repnblvdSend a Private Message to repnblvdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

repnblvd

132 posts
Member since Aug 2011

------------------
-Repnblvd

'86 Fiero GT "Kona Car"
'85 GT "DOA"

'02 Aztek

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4