Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Introducing...The RottinMera (Page 3)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Introducing...The RottinMera by johnyrottin
Started on: 05-08-2011 12:57 PM
Replies: 89 (3784 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 01-12-2020 09:30 AM
JohnWPB
Member
Posts: 5153
From: West Palm Beach, Florida
Registered: May 2009


Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone get me a good quality picture of the MERA logo, or a scan of the one you get back of the model builder when it's done John? I have had a couple people ask for stickers for their MERA center caps. I have been unable to find a good quality logo to work from. I have tried a half dozen fonts that I have found, and are close, but not quite.
All of the lettering for the Grand AM used for marketing, print a& stickers, are a completely different font than what is actually on the emblem on the car.

IP: Logged
johnyrottin
Member
Posts: 5148
From: Texas
Registered: Oct 2007


Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you mean these? Does this do the trick?

http://myfiero.com/uploads/18689_.jpg

IP: Logged
JohnWPB
Member
Posts: 5153
From: West Palm Beach, Florida
Registered: May 2009


Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a great photo..........You don't happen to have a higher resolution of that somewhere? I need a photo high resolution enough that I can put in Photoshop and be able to trace it out. When I blow that image up to see the detail, the edges become very jagged and blurry unfortunately.

I am able to compensate for the perspective and the slight rotation at least


Here is what the MERA lettering looks like on one of the wheel caps from the image above. You can see it is very rough to work with to try to duplicate:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 10-26-2014).]

IP: Logged
hnthomps
Member
Posts: 5392
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by JohnWPB:

It's a great photo..........You don't happen to have a higher resolution of that somewhere? I need a photo high resolution enough that I can put in Photoshop and be able to trace it out. When I blow that image up to see the detail, the edges become very jagged and blurry unfortunately.

I am able to compensate for the perspective and the slight rotation at least


Here is what the MERA lettering looks like on one of the wheel caps from the image above. You can see it is very rough to work with to try to duplicate:





John,

I will try to take some HD pictures sometime tomorrow. Do you want photos of the MERA letters or the wheel centers? All of the photos should be around 4 MP each and I hope that is HD enough for you. The HD pictures were sent today via two e-mails.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 10-27-2014).]

IP: Logged
batousai666
Member
Posts: 4185
From: MI usa
Registered: Jun 2009


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe this image will work
horked off Ebay......



IP: Logged
hnthomps
Member
Posts: 5392
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Can someone get me a good quality picture of the MERA logo, or a scan of the one you get back of the model builder when it's done John? I have had a couple people ask for stickers for their MERA center caps. I have been unable to find a good quality logo to work from. I have tried a half dozen fonts that I have found, and are close, but not quite.
All of the lettering for the Grand AM used for marketing, print a& stickers, are a completely different font than what is actually on the emblem on the car.


John,

Here are lower resolution photos of what you need. HD images were sent earlier today via e-mail.



Original Mera Center Cap



Original MERA letters



Rodney's Decal 1



Rodney's Decal 2



Rodney's Decal 3

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 10-27-2014).]

IP: Logged
JohnWPB
Member
Posts: 5153
From: West Palm Beach, Florida
Registered: May 2009


Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Nelson I got the email, much appreciated!

I was unaware that Rodney was making these! I will link the people that posted in my thread some time ago, and the few that have PM's me to Rodney's site.

I still may to offer a couple sticker options that he does not cover.
IP: Logged
hnthomps
Member
Posts: 5392
From: Columbia, SC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Thanks Nelson I got the email, much appreciated!

I was unaware that Rodney was making these! I will link the people that posted in my thread some time ago, and the few that have PM's me to Rodney's site.

I still may to offer a couple sticker options that he does not cover.


I spoke with Rodney several months ago and it is my understanding that he does not intend to produce any more decals and has sold his current stock. If I am incorrect maybe Rodney will post the correct information in this thread.

Nelson
IP: Logged
johnyrottin
Member
Posts: 5148
From: Texas
Registered: Oct 2007


Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MERA 8088 now has the correct letters on the back and every part of her is perfect. Now just to do a new headliner. Well, I guess not every part but 99.99999%!!!!
IP: Logged
johnyrottin
Member
Posts: 5148
From: Texas
Registered: Oct 2007


Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2020 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post


She got the proper nose badge.
IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay



Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock