Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Project "SICKNESS" : Built 3800SC Choptop. Let the Sickness consume you! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project "SICKNESS" : Built 3800SC Choptop. Let the Sickness consume you! by JimmyS
Started on: 01-11-2011 10:49 PM
Replies: 107 (6065 views)
Last post by: JimmyS on 09-21-2015 07:46 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the timeline for this?

Going to have to share this one with my daughter. Looked at Google and you are 10 hours away. Wish you were closer so I could lend a hand and learn a bit.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-17-2011).]

IP: Logged
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

What is the timeline for this?

Going to have to share this one with my daughter. Looked at Google and you are 10 hours away. Wish you were closer so I could lend a hand and learn a bit.

It wont be till sometime next year before I paint this car. I want to get my car done first.

You could always leave your house on a Friday morning say 9ish. Get here Friday evening around 7ish. Spend the night Friday, help/learn all day Saturday, spend the night Saturday and leave Sunday morning to head home.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 01-17-2011).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

It wont be till sometime next year before I paint this car. I want to get my car done first.

You could always leave your house on a Friday morning say 9ish. Get here Friday evening around 7ish. Spend the night Friday, help/learn all day Saturday, spend the night Saturday and leave Sunday morning to head home.

I'm smelling work weekend at Jimmy's when I am there at the end of Feb

\/\/
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, from Kansas you should be able to come right through Pensacola area.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am teaching a Photoshop workshop in Pensacola on Mar 2, then Orlando then in Ft. Myers on Mar 4
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The local glass shop called me today to tell me my back window is ready for pick-up. I will pick it up tomorrow.

I stopped and bought some sawzall blades today so I officially have everything to complete the chop top.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 01-17-2011).]

joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A welder........
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joesfiero:

A welder........

I was thinking the same thing. But knowing Jimmy he's gotta have it covered.
SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP....

This should be GREEEAT. We used to talk about DIY projects like this years ago.... Now, we are both up to our necks...

------------------
aka. SmoothGT
NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "
RIP. "Little Feather"

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates? I need some motivation
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a whole lot to report. I am in the process of painting joesfiero's Fiero and the weather has not been very cooperative. Until Joe's car is done, I can't get my car into the garage to start tearing it apart.

All my misc. brackets, heads, valve covers & lower intake arrived

This is the bracket that holds the coil pack, supercharger tensioner & ideler pulley

A little bit if time with a die grinder cutoff wheel, grinder and all the un-necessary stuff gets removed

This is a bracket that holds another ideler pulley

After some sanding with 120 grit to remove all the deep scratches & gouges, then 400 wet, 600 wet, 1000 wet, 2000 wet & finishing off with Capt. Richards Bombs Away and you get this

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 01-23-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Jim, hopefully I will be able to make it down there this week and wet sand some more.

Just looked at the weather, looks like tomorrow may be the only day that would be good, but your not going to be home. Tuesday if you get home early enough you might get a chance before it rains in the late afternoon. Supposed to get cold again after that, starting to think the car will never get done lol.

-Joe
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have painted in the winter more than a few times.... Its more than possible if you can get some sort of heat going in the garage so it is at least 60 degrees for a few hours.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much to report. I have been "slowly" buying parts here and there. I bought my GenV Supercharger. I ported the LIM to match the GenV. I also bought an Aluminum AC Condensor through a deal going on in the mall section. C6 Corvette tips are on the way aslo. Some of the other parts I have acquired are... Fiero store GT Tail Light Lenses & Fiero Store Door Weather Stripping.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roof gets chopped on Saturday!

Pics will follow on Saturday.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sweeeeeeet !

congrats jimmy.
dudewithoutfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what! and you didn't call me for help.........maybe able to help in the am.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I was all set up to chop it up tomorrow but I got a call to go make some money tomorrow and thats more important right now. Maybe I will tackle it Sunday or Monday.
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear. Just take plenty of pics. Take your time and measure twice and cut once. Have fun I know I did when the roof line was taking shape.
dudewithoutfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
knowing jim he measured four times already and only will cut once.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Teaser pic...
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice nose tweak you have there my friend.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Nice nose tweak you have there my friend.

Thanks Curly. I'm actually not done tweakin it. I have other plans for it also. This is just the beginning stages.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent ya a comment on the front bumper/headlight mod on facebook id be interested if its under a grand dosent need to be perfect id tweak it a bit first to get rid of the stock looking intake area and make it more open. Will the hood hinges have to move in at all ?
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Sent ya a comment on the front bumper/headlight mod on facebook id be interested if its under a grand dosent need to be perfect id tweak it a bit first to get rid of the stock looking intake area and make it more open. Will the hood hinges have to move in at all ?

I'm pretty sure this will fall well short of a grand as you see it pictured. Now if you want us to supply the lights, wiring and more mods then you will more than likely be close to a grand. The hinges stay in their stock location and do not need to be altered at all.

I also plan to open up the front intake area. I am also going to be molding the fenders into the bumper. I have plans on altering the ground effects line too. I will be using our tapered ground effects and rocker flares in conjunction with my GT Style #1 Side Scoops and the line on the bumper does not flow well with the tapered ground effects so I will be modding that to flow better. I will be putting driving lights where the stock turn signal lights are since the new light buckets have an area for turn signal lights.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NIce talkin to you on the phone today! I hope the Idea we were talking about works out if you try it! I just may take a crack at it too since I have a few of those items laying around to mess with. If I get it to work ill let ya know and far as the roof tracks send me a messege monday morning so I remember to go out to gibbys and pull a few sets! When the front end is ready to sell let me know in a pm so I dont forget! I cant get to the sidebar for some reason to save this thread?? I think my browser has a issue.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2011 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The tweaking begins...

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2011 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yummy, yummy !
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The front bumper mods continue...

I am not done with the current deletion of the ground effects line but I wanted to show where I was at currently.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool I like that big time!
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, very cool.

Jimmy start chopping yet ?
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I decided to postpone the cutting for the chop untill I actually have a welder on hand. This way the car doesn't have to sit, cut up, for any extended period of time.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUmp--------er Hey whats the status on the new bumper I will be ready to order it within the next three weeks!! ill want all the lights and stuff with it prob pm me with price!!
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How the hell have I missed this??? Great looking progress!

I can't believe you gave away your 86GT... you had stated you were to be buried in that thing. Now you're painting it pink!

I am definitely going to make a point of trying to get over there this summer... We are going to be down over the week of the 4th o' July again this year.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookie Lookie what my girlfriends mom bought me today!

I should be chopping very soon.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool does it use gas? u will really want the gas when doing the chop I tried running the gassless wire in mine when I ran out of gas and the splatter was horrible! I run co2 in mine w .030 wire.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Oh hey almost forgot to ask ya while I was talking to ya on the phone today, did you ever get around to trying that lighting idea w the door item we talked about?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
I sent you a pm with the reference pics you want hope it went threw I was having trouble w the computer.
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

The front bumper mods continue...

I am not done with the current deletion of the ground effects line but I wanted to show where I was at currently.

Nice to see the bumper goes down straight (or even back) and not the old style swept forward. Kudos JimmyS

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 02-13-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock