Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero trike - from West Michigan Burn Survivors Car Show (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero trike - from West Michigan Burn Survivors Car Show by RyanFromMichigan
Started on: 05-16-2010 02:56 PM
Replies: 42 (4671 views)
Last post by: fieroboy_gt on 01-10-2015 09:14 PM
RyanFromMichigan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanFromMichiganSend a Private Message to RyanFromMichiganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This has to be one of the most unique Fiero trikes ever frankensteined together. The taste might not be for everyone but there was definitely a lot of time and money spent creating this thing. The owner said he started with a Honda Goldwing engine and driveline then later upgraded to a sbc and auto trans.

Motorcycle plate

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like that, did you get any more pictures of the engine? I would love more details of how they did the install.
Did you invite them to the forum?
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. Any pics with the deck lid down? What is the "Trike" classified under; car or bike?

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-16-2010).]

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

What is the "Trike" classified under; car or bike?

I would guess motorcycle or "special" licensing... Considering the bike plates and the fact that cars usually have 4 wheels (so most states classify them as such)
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice. Any pics with the deck lid down? What is the "Trike" classified under; car or bike?

In Florida that would be a trike, must have 4 wheels or more. Its much easier to get a custom trike titled and tagged then a custom car.
RyanFromMichigan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanFromMichiganSend a Private Message to RyanFromMichiganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't able to get any pictures with the decklid down but Vince (snapperhead) might have taken some. He also may have some better shots of the drivetrain. The ones I posted so far are all I've got.

The bottom picture of the car's rear has the plate and its a motorcycle cycle plate.
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I like that, did you get any more pictures of the engine? I would love more details of how they did the install.
Did you invite them to the forum?

I got a few drivetrain shots and will post them soon. I talked with the owner / designer and got the following

350 v8
125c trans with a locked diff driving a chain on the right side output shaft to the rear wheel.
Custom swingarm with dual airbags and a monoshock, Front tube control arms with airbags also.
Huge 19" wide steamroller on the back.
All custom interior.

The rear cradle was bolted at the front cradle mounts, a mid mount at the top of the doors . So 4 mounting points from what I saw.

All the work & design was the owner. The guy in the 2nd pic with hand on his chin above, nice guy I forgot his name... My brain is going all to.... well we all know where our brain goes..

Correction only 4 mounting points not 6 as I stated before

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 05-16-2010).]

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i like that alot. but boy does that thing sit low. i wonder if it has air bags.
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok here is the ones I took of the trike.

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Snapperhead

1982 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Bike here in Michigan
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have just seen the only Fiero trike I have ever seen and liked. This trike is a pure tribute to that man's hard work and desire. I am awestruck.
PFF
System Bot
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

I have just seen the only Fiero trike I have ever seen and liked. This trike is a pure tribute to that man's hard work and desire. I am awestruck.

I agree, I was told a trike was at the show and I didn't want to see it, but like a train wreck you have to look. I've seen a few and they were scary looking but... Wow! I liked it. The design was A+, the finish work was A+. He did all the work himself from start to finish. A really nice guy.

He said he had a Goldwing in it as first. I wanted to get a photo of it with the rear down but I forgot too.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any additional pics of the interior? The seats look like Mr. Mike's and dash seems to-be made of fiberglass. Did the owner mention anything about the over-all wieght? It must be fast?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-16-2010).]

RyanFromMichigan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanFromMichiganSend a Private Message to RyanFromMichiganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found one interior pic that I didn't post earlier.

pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been thinking for a few years that building a trike would be cool... but THAT would be a great way to do it.

------------------
97 Suzuki GSXF 600
04 Saturn Ion Redline
86 Fiero GT

AIM: phool88fiero

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW ! ! ! That is the best trike made from a Fiero I've ever seen. There isn't anything about it that I don't like.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder how that thing handles, it looks sharp.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec3
11.74@123

pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Niec. i like it. best one ever. to cool! Did I say i like IT.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the first Fiero based trike that doesn't fall into the hideous catagory, too bad you guys didn't get a pic or two with the body closed.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the interior pic. I see the owner uses only the best in instrument gauges--Dakota Digital.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very tastefully done.

I like it !
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Very tastefully done.

I like it !

Fiero88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats awesome! id like to see videos of it. it looks pretty damn fast.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like that. Very cool and very difficult to fabricate. A+
GBglide

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GBglideClick Here to visit GBglide's HomePageSend a Private Message to GBglideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

This is the first Fiero based trike that doesn't fall into the hideous catagory,

I agree.

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen worse. a lot worse.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, because I'm bored. I like to see things that are tweaked.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GBglide:

I agree.

X2
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FINALLY a trike done right!
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as cool as it looks 3 wheeled imagine it with 4 with fully independant rear suspension! now THAT would be cool!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, because it's the cooliest looking trike out there!
PFF
System Bot
LZeppelin513

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeppelin513Send a Private Message to LZeppelin513Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, thanks for the bump. That thing is awesome. A lot of work went into that radical idea and it came out amazing. That doesn't happen often, props to the builder.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful. The attention to detail, the finish work not to mention the design is simply remarkable. Styling like that would look good even with 4 wheels!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like that nose! Not bad at all.
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can tell a lot of work went into that thing. I like it, wish there were more pictures.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For sure this has to be one of the smoothest Fiero-based trike vehicles to be assembled. Now if only half of the other Fieros already basterdized into trikes could look like this.
BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

was going to say the same thing

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know it is cool when you park it next to a SWEET Porsche and nobody pays any attention to the Porsche..... Nuffsaid!! Peace

Pete

Snowman_2_u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Snowman_2_uSend a Private Message to Snowman_2_uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen this trike a couple times at the charleton park fathers day car show in hastings, its usually with another fiero trike.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I just found this thread. Man I must say I thought I would going to click on this thread and puke in my mouth like I normally do when I see a fiero trike. But damn that thing is simply amazing!!!!! I love it!!!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock