What's up at West Coast Fiero by madcurl
Started on: 03-17-2010 10:08 PM
Replies: 253 (18619 views)
Last post by: unboundmo on 01-07-2014 02:17 AM
Kemp3

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nm pics work now

[This message has been edited by Kemp3 (edited 10-26-2011).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somebody is getting a 3800SC auto

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
This car is ready-to-go. All that is left is fine tuning using an old 1995 laptop computer.

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a very sano-looking installation. I can understand the need to trim back the passenger-side strut tower for engine clearance, but I'd be concerned about the strut top hat being held asymmetrically with only two upper mounting bolts. Seems to me the strut would act as a large lever bending the hat along a line between the two relatively small 8mm bolts and either stressing the bolts or the hat. Is the upper hat held by a third hidden fastener?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The belt replaced, Fuel ratio gauge mounted and working. It needs minor tuning using an older computer 486 I believe. The current laptop screen isn't bright enough to make the needed adjustments, but other-than-that it's ready to roll.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-18-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

It's a very sano-looking installation. I can understand the need to trim back the passenger-side strut tower for engine clearance, but I'd be concerned about the strut top hat being held asymmetrically with only two upper mounting bolts. Seems to me the strut would act as a large lever bending the hat along a line between the two relatively small 8mm bolts and either stressing the bolts or the hat. Is the upper hat held by a third hidden fastener?

I'm not sure, but I can ask. The bolts are larger than stock and on Chris's modified motor there seem to be no issues.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris new set of shoes:

The pics were taken after sundown, better pic later. 18x8 on all corners. The IMHO looks way better with the black centers
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good Chris
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris's old set of 17x8 wheels for sale. $400 bucks. The wheels clear those big brake kits.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

The owner's car is gassed up and ready to go. It just needs minor tuning.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like somebody is changing out seats.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LS4/NSX trans.

Simply beautiful.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
From talking to Steve one of the owner is having VDI do a set of VDC on a Fiero. My guess is they will use the mock-up and start selling them. Normally, it's $1600 installed on custom applications, but once they have a design it might be a whole lot less. Two people are in on the deal.
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VDI do a VDC ? sorry for my ignorance can you explain ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2012 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kemp3:

VDI do a VDC ? sorry for my ignorance can you explain ?

VDI is

http://www.verticaldoors.com/

and VDC stands for vertical door conversion.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2012 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Any pictures of the back of this car? I see he has the side exit exhaust, just wondering what he's done with the empty exhaust cut outs in the back..
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2012 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Crazy weather down south: At WCF

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2012 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Crazy weather down south: At WCF

You need to roll out to florida !

Absolutely beautiful here today, warm and sunny.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Testing a 19x9 on a 88 using Porsche brakes: they don't clear due to the way the bracket/hub is designed. It was close, but no cigar.

The Racing Hart wheel clears 13" Corvette

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-02-2012).]

nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey guys whats the latest on those quarter windows...
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like somebody is getting a LS4 for their Zimmer.

nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2012 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quarter windows???
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2012 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whats up guys, where the awesome updates at, oh ya what about the quarter windows :P

[This message has been edited by nightonfire (edited 04-05-2012).]

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2012 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks like somebody is getting a LS4 for their Zimmer.

This is the first time I have seen a Zimmer Quicksilver look good in a picture

A friend of mine calls these the "Money Shot". He spends time on these on-line dating websites. He knows that a girl is overweight and hiding it when the picture shows her slightly looking up (to hide the double chin), showing some cleavage, and the rest of the picture is cropped away. The Money Shot! Now we have a Quicksilver money shot
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish Chris would start the quarter panel glass for our GT's.... Pokey style if you know what I mean.

I need them baddddly!
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Derik,

Lets get a cruise going up to Chris's shop and strong arm him, lol!
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Schools almost over and I'll have all the time in the world.. 2 weeks and I'm done with my BSTM from Devry...besides the working schedule... oh, it's Derek, but it's cool!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another 3800SC ready for the road.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Looks like the Zimmer is getting a new heart transplant. A LS4.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

What's under the hood-this.

New mounts and no need to cut the deck lid because the alternator is relocated.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CA seal of approval

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2012 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Getting a LS4.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2012 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is that an olds bumper??
or was it before cut/chop/restore
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2012 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya know I am sure as hell not a fan of the Zimmer looks but I gotta admit that an LS motor in there would be pretty cool. Peace

Pete

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Crew is currently working on the wire harness for the LS4:

Meanwhile, I had WCF make me a set of hub centric rings from the work car. I needed a 67.1 bore to match the 73.1 Niche Pultec wheels. Last month or so one of the front wheels was a bit loose and the front end started to shake. Throughout the decades I never used them, but I guess with all of the various flats I forgot to re-tightened one of the lugs nuts.

LOL. Two flats in one month.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-01-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2012 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A LS1 arrives.

new rollers.
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys whats new, any pics from the get together.

P.S. Chris ended up having to work at the last minute, hope you got the message.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I stopped by today to get a set of 8" rear coil over springs.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Madcurl, did Chris West ever do the paperwork on getting a manual tranny 3800SC smog legal. All he had to do is get the E.O. Certification process in order. He did it for the auto swap already. Last I've heard he had computer troubles and that's why he put that project on the back burner.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock