Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Pontiac race cars for body kit inspirations 10 pics to start. 56K MODEM WARNIG (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pontiac race cars for body kit inspirations 10 pics to start. 56K MODEM WARNIG by Australian
Started on: 12-04-2009 06:16 AM
Replies: 144 (9840 views)
Last post by: fieroall on 01-05-2016 04:48 PM
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to keep my car looking like a pontiac if changing the appearence of the stock body nose fenders bumpers etc. It is pontiac race cars that have inspired some of the custom cars that are being built here many keeping with the pontiac theme when restyling the body of the car.
Here are 10 pics of pontiac race cars pics may change as saved only 10 pics to host not sure of owners.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jg88gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jg88gtSend a Private Message to jg88gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Link below is to another Pontiac Race car that was running at Dayton a few weeks back when we were there getting some track time with our car. They were a few pits over from us I think I have some additional pictures in the camera will look and post if I do..

http://www.hendricksportsph...gods#718457716_8Pavd

[This message has been edited by jg88gt (edited 12-07-2009).]

The_Stickman2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's mine

And the real racecar
AWDimprezaL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AWDimprezaLSend a Private Message to AWDimprezaLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stickman your car is beyond sick. (This is prfct80ctlss from oldspower)

------------------
2008 Kawasaki Z1000.
2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca.
1996 Subaru Impreza L-T -201 awhp 213 awtq- 200+k miles. Stock internals.
1984 Pontiac Fiero 2M4.
1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass. 307
1980 Oldsmobile Cutlass. 455

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would post a picture of my race car, but I am at work (lunch time!). My signature will have to do for now. Click on the CarDomain link for a bunch of pictures.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

I wanted to keep my car looking like a pontiac if changing the appearence of the stock body nose fenders bumpers etc. It is pontiac race cars that have inspired some of the custom cars that are being built here many keeping with the pontiac theme when restyling the body of the car.
Here are 10 pics of pontiac race cars pics may change as saved only 10 pics to host not sure of owners.

This is the best by far. If someone made that kit ... and it was decent ... Id be way tempted to build one. I should have bought the original. It sold here in ohio maybe 6/7 years ago for a few grand without any drivetrain. Thats the factory Fiero IMSA GTP car.

The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AWDimprezaL:

Stickman your car is beyond sick. (This is prfct80ctlss from oldspower)

Thanx, it sits in the garage for now. I have been contemplating selling it.
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009

rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009

rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009

PFF
System Bot
rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009

rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009

rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009

rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009
Hope that's not too many for most users but I want to remove some ofthem from my photobucket account so hopefully a few people will right click and I can edit to remove some when this thread has goes dormant.
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it's interesting how us Fiero racing nut have collected many of the same pics off the web over the years!! Your posted pictures have to be the complete set of any GTO or GTU Fiero ever run. With a few Camel light pics in for good measure. I'm curious as to how interested the "regular " Fiero people are in the racing history of the car? It seems to me that the street version is by far the most drooled over and the term "IMSA" just refers to a wide fender kit for the street cars!

Dave

BTW : The silver #10( and the white with stripes #10 in the black and white pic) is my car back in the day!!

ccfiero350

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ccfiero350Send a Private Message to ccfiero350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is great!

------------------
yellow 88 GT, not stock
white 88 notchie, 4 banger

IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this thread is sweet
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why don't people still use Fieros in racing? The suspension and dynamics of the car with a little help with the engine makes a great little racer.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by unboundmo:

Why don't people still use Fieros in racing? The suspension and dynamics of the car with a little help with the engine makes a great little racer.

They do still use them.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3676 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by rourke_87_T-Top:

Hope that's not too many for most users but I want to remove some ofthem from my photobucket account so hopefully a few people will right click and I can edit to remove some when this thread has goes dormant.

That is really a great set of photos! Thank you for sharing.
PFF
System Bot
rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like this thread.
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What an Awesome Thread!

Fantastic Fiero Race History!!!

Please keep them coming if you have them. !!!

hope it is ok if I sneak a pick of my IMSA body Fiero in

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a great thread this is turning out to be keep em coming.
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by unboundmo:

Like Paul said, we still do, but there are some reasons why there aren't more. Number 1 is price. To build a tube chassis GT car is VERY expensive,both in building/engineering and in parts(if you're gonna do it you have to go all out and use good parts). The body panels are also very tough to get as only 2 people in North America(1 in CA and the other in Canada) have moulds for the race bodies.
Number 2: The design and layout of the car SHOULD make it desirable on a road course, but, with it's short wheelbase and wide track it has an unfavorable wheelbase to track ratio. This gives it inherent instability (or quick reactions- it depends upon if you are a glass half full kind of guy). The car behaves much like a big go-cart as it can spin in it's own wheelbase in a blink. Drivers such as Bob Earl and Clay Young were very good at what they did and were able to deal with this tempermental little beast. As such, the car is very sensitive to spring, alignment,and ride height changes that can turn the car from drivable to diabolical with the wrong adjustment, trust me, I am finding this out first hand with my own car!
The car really needs to have the wheelbase lengthened by 6 to 8 in to give it some high speed stability. But you gotta admit.........They do look tough hunkered down low to the ground with the extra wide flares covering some big slicks!!! That's what got me inspired to find one for myself!

Great thread..............keep it coming!!
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
someone has been doing some research. nice collection of pictures
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Deerson:

. . . I'm curious as to how interested the "regular " Fiero people are in the racing history of the car? It seems to me that the street version is by far the most drooled over and the term "IMSA" just refers to a wide fender kit for the street cars!

Dave

Well Dave,

I for one am truely enjoying this thread it good to see the rich Fiero racing history in one place.

Thanks to all for sharing and keep it coming

Tim

[This message has been edited by BMTFIERO (edited 12-05-2009).]

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few of the ones I have that have not been posted yet.

kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2009 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Deerson:

I think it's interesting how us Fiero racing nut have collected many of the same pics off the web over the years!!

I was thinking the same thing Now I don't have to scour the web for them, I can just come here

I'm curious as to how interested the "regular " Fiero people are in the racing history of the car? It seems to me that the street version is by far the most drooled over and the term "IMSA" just refers to a wide fender kit for the street cars!

I for one love the racing cars (much more than the street version). Info on them is hard to find on the net, though. Most I've found is results from races, no video or written articles. If I had the funds, I'd have one. It's pretty high up on my list of "things to do if I ever become rich" For now, I'll just build up my stocker into as much of one as I can, and live vicariously through the fortunate few who have them
PFF
System Bot
mtjd25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2009 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtjd25Send a Private Message to mtjd25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this thread is absolutely awesome, i love seeing the race cars, would love to see a couple in action that would be so cool.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the raced-out Fiero look.... I wish they raced on speed channel instead of local non telecast tracks... Waterford Michigan being one

I LOVE THIS FIERO . THE BODY LINES AND THE SOUND of the engine. I WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO SEE THIS ONE AT THE 25TH SHOW IN MICHIGAN

I'm stilling every photo from this thread... I hope no one gets mad at me... Besides it's 72 dpi anyway... i can't print them

I'm tring to get there... This is my photoshop version of mine and my wish list

no wide body kit but I'm interested in the Fierowarehouse front no notch chin attachment for the future... I tried to ride that low in the photoshop but i was rubbing al over the place.... I love the slammed look!

SORRY TO THROW MY NON RACE PICS IN... Just dreaming

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 12-07-2009).]

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

unboundmo

2242 posts
Member since Sep 2006
I wonder who won this race... what a good site to see.... Road race is the bomb.... Forget Nascar... Sorry fans

This is another favorite of mine

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
unboundmo.....

Did we meet at the 25th? That's me in the yellow car. If you want more pictures youcan check out py CarDomain site in my sig. If you want some hi-res pictures I will be happy to send you some.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think we met. You were backing the car up in the parking spot at the time. When you ere done I did mention that it was a nice ride though. I would love to have hi res pics.... unboundmo@sbcglobal.net

Better yet, come to cali and let me drive it. Yeah?
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

unboundmo

2242 posts
Member since Sep 2006
Hey Runner... Do you have any videos of you racing? I saw the cockpit view.....

Does anyone have any videos of any of the races with Fieros? A link would be great. Just to here the souped-up go by.
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Here are a few of the ones I have that have not been posted yet.

Does anyone have more photos or info on the #14 E-mod autocross car? I know it's a Pontiac Motorsports design chassis with what appears to be a V8 in it,but that is all I know of it.
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pics of that car have a watermark of chaserace.com. Maybe someone can get in contact with doug chase who might know more about it. Maybe he did the rollbar for it?
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i like !!!

I like R Runner's yellow fiero too!

we should call this thread the "bringin sexy back thread"

[This message has been edited by ghost187x (edited 12-07-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors