Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Pontiac race cars for body kit inspirations 10 pics to start. 56K MODEM WARNIG (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pontiac race cars for body kit inspirations 10 pics to start. 56K MODEM WARNIG by Australian
Started on: 12-04-2009 06:16 AM
Replies: 144 (9840 views)
Last post by: fieroall on 01-05-2016 04:48 PM
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by unboundmo:

I wonder who won this race... what a good site to see.... Road race is the bomb.... Forget Nascar... Sorry fans

Well unfortunately that is the way it is, Speed/FOX or better say NASCAR channel feeds us that fixed racing and shows that have nothing to do with racing 24/7. Speedvision the REAL racing channel, whatever time I turned the TV on I was glued to it because they showed racing around the world. The only time my wife jumped to the couch with me to see racing was when they had the Rally races, she loved the in-car camera. I turn into Speed 17 times a year, when the F1 races are on and that is it. When I want to see rear racing I go to Youtube to re-live those glory days and watch real racing all around the word.
To answer the question, the battle between the RX-7s and the Fieros was intense. RX-7s had the most success with Tommy Kendall winning several GTU championships and also probably for the short life of the Fiero project.

IP: Logged
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was just looking through the thread and thought i would bump it for those that haven't seen it.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dave Deerson:

A shot of my car: Miami GP 1987

Is that a STOCK spoiler on the back of that car or are my eyes going bad?
85SEnochie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What great cars have to keep this one alive

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great thread!

------------------
1987 Fiero GT Road Racer. 1st documented 3.4TDC swap- built in 1994. 5MT Isuzu, Quaife prototype LSD, HT Tubular A-arms, Fully poly & Heim jointed suspension, Custom 3 way adjustible sway bars, HT Bump Steer kit, Koin's, 320# springs, GA brakes, ZEX N20 and more! Under full restoration.
Toyota Tacoma Double cab Prerunner SR5
KTM 250SX

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 12-16-2011).]

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought I would add a few....

Clay Young - Daytona 24 - First race for a Fiero in IMSA.

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We were the one of the 10 top fastest cars this weekend at Summit Point. First race in the car and it has a lot more potiential. With the small tweaks that we need to do to set the handling up just a little bit more, we will be turning the fastest lap.
Inspiration:

Results:

[This message has been edited by Racer_JT (edited 06-18-2012).]

PerKr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2012 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PerKrClick Here to visit PerKr's HomePageSend a Private Message to PerKrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is exactly what I needed to temporarily take my mind off open wheelers (seductive little things, life hasn't really been the same since driving one) :-)
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2012 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racer_JT:

We were the one of the 10 top fastest cars this weekend at Summit Point. First race in the car and it has a lot more potiential. With the small tweaks that we need to do to set the handling up just a little bit more, we will be turning the fastest lap.

Awesome! Great job, keep it up
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's my old car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I built that car a long time ago, how much of the custom suspension is left intact? What happened to the headers?? It used to have Porsche calipers and 12in rotors on all 4 corners and a manual Porsche master cylinder with an adjustable bias in the center console. The guy I sold it to just hacked it to bits!!! He ripped out all of my fresh brake tube to put in used original so he could put power brakes back in it!! I can't even begin to figure out how many hours are really into it!! When I had it the motor was putting down 235HP to the wheels and weighed around 2300#.
That trans is a special hybred. It started life in an Olds Achieva SCX with the lower final drive and closer ratio gears,but I modified a few things in the internal linkage to allow the earlier Fiero bellhousing half to bolt up. then the Dane wanted one of those Greatgrip limited slips,but I always felt like they were junk. Is the special lightweight flywheel still there??. Is the Perfect Power piggyback fuel controller still there? I built the rear struts out of Nissan Maxima tubes( so I can have a removable top) and grafted them onto the GM housings( which were moved up a bit so the car could be lowered without loosing suspension travel. I had the buck used to form the perforated aluminum taillight panel, but I think that got tossed out. That custom intake plenum is really a piece of 6in tube cut from a GM pickup driveshaft!!! Is the custom oil/air separator still between the valve covers?? I could go on forever!!

PM me for my number, I'd love to talk to you about the car!!
Dave D.
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very Cool!
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Deerson:

built ... custom .. special ... modified ... special ... built ... grafted .. custom ... custom

Dang, sounds like someone got a heck of a deal! I hope you at least got some of what you put into it out of it, Dave
ps hope your current car is treating you well, would love to get an update sometime
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Deerson:

That's my old car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I built that car a long time ago, how much of the custom suspension is left intact? What happened to the headers?? It used to have Porsche calipers and 12in rotors on all 4 corners and a manual Porsche master cylinder with an adjustable bias in the center console. The guy I sold it to just hacked it to bits!!! He ripped out all of my fresh brake tube to put in used original so he could put power brakes back in it!! I can't even begin to figure out how many hours are really into it!! When I had it the motor was putting down 235HP to the wheels and weighed around 2300#.
That trans is a special hybred. It started life in an Olds Achieva SCX with the lower final drive and closer ratio gears,but I modified a few things in the internal linkage to allow the earlier Fiero bellhousing half to bolt up. then the Dane wanted one of those Greatgrip limited slips,but I always felt like they were junk. Is the special lightweight flywheel still there??. Is the Perfect Power piggyback fuel controller still there? I built the rear struts out of Nissan Maxima tubes( so I can have a removable top) and grafted them onto the GM housings( which were moved up a bit so the car could be lowered without loosing suspension travel. I had the buck used to form the perforated aluminum taillight panel, but I think that got tossed out. That custom intake plenum is really a piece of 6in tube cut from a GM pickup driveshaft!!! Is the custom oil/air separator still between the valve covers?? I could go on forever!!

PM me for my number, I'd love to talk to you about the car!!
Dave D.

bump for Dave D as i would love to talk about any of my old cars with new owners. I see my old minature ute for sale now and again getting worse and worse and cheaper and cheaper.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent with my number. Yes we need to talk!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Widebody PPG Indy Car World Series pacecar appears at 1:58.
You might see these cars in person at the Heartland Iowa Fiero show in August.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-22-2012).]

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First race at Summit Point - Shenandoah with Lemons, started 61st and made my way to 5th before an incorrect black flag brought me in. I had 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the same pack I had just caught to!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2012 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need to call that guy Jesse and have him compile a list of what is done to the car and what application any non-stock parts originated from.
hairballrm

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who's racing a Fiero this year?

------------------
"Now you too can see in the dark."
http://projectorretrofit.com/ Please Like me on Facebook

robiwon1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robiwon1Send a Private Message to robiwon1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to have the PPG front end! Did anyone ever make one for sale?
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2016 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2016 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine isn't a race car, but it's darn close to being one, I wanted to use public roads, and take it out anytime I wanted. It's plenty fast and is very stable at high speeds over 160 mph:

To those curious, no I haven't had a ticket that held up in Court yet.

To those on the Forum who have gone full Race, Congrats on the amazing Cars you've built !!!

------------------

Car History: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

Detainabull

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2016 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Motivation for sure!!
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2016 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went through all the pages and like reading about history about the racing of the fiero.I do love racing. In the 80's I was in to dirt modified in east Windsor with a friend car.I was me clean. then moved on to microstocks (dirt or pavement) . many nights about race car set up. You have to work hard to finish 2nd in points. I miss building racecars but my back and knees are all not wall. One important thing is my car never broke on the track. Keep posting.

[This message has been edited by jim94 (edited 01-04-2016).]

fieroall

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Few more IMSA pictures I've found on the internet:

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock