Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Pontiac race cars for body kit inspirations 10 pics to start. 56K MODEM WARNIG (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pontiac race cars for body kit inspirations 10 pics to start. 56K MODEM WARNIG by Australian
Started on: 12-04-2009 06:16 AM
Replies: 144 (9850 views)
Last post by: fieroall on 01-05-2016 04:48 PM
unboundmo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VIDEOS ?????

ANYONE?

I own page two!!!!!

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 12-08-2009).]

IP: Logged
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

unboundmo

2242 posts
Member since Sep 2006
I found this one..... It's pretty cool, fast pace

I read that the car is a tube chassis Pontiac Fiero. It's front engine rear wheal drive and has a 2.3L Oldsmobile quad 4 engine with jerico transsmission.

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a few videos of my car (in car cam) on the track, but pretty un-impressive if you ask me. They were of the first time I took it to the track and it was cold! 46 degrees if I remember correctly. I do have a pretty cool autocross video. Can anyone tell me how to put them on the forum? (a PM would be nice so we don't "contaminate" the thread. Here are a couple more pictures of mine and a few of the Goodwrench car..... I don't think I have any more of the random race pictures that have been posted.

Dave....... How about some more pictures of yours?

At nearly full throttle....

John Callies.... The MAN!

Anyone else have more pictures?
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RE: that #14 E-mod car,I don't think Doug chase would have done a roll hoop for it as it looked to be a full tube chassis car( to me at least it did look like a Pontiac Motorsport design), but maybe he was in the same autocross region. I heard about that car a few years ago and all I was told was that it was a tube chassis with a V8. You know me, I want to add to my collection of pics and info on as many Tube chassis cars as I can! I even found out that you guys in CA are lucky! The famous Dingman Brother's GTO Fiero has been sold to a guy in CA!! I spoke with him last week ( nice guy) about how he convinced them to sell it after storing it unused for 20+ years! He intends to do a mechanical restoration (the body has a certain "patina" he doesn't want to loose!) and will use it in historic Trans Am/ IMSA club events. So for us on the right coast, we may never have an opportunity to see this classic up close again. There is another tube car in Ohio region SCCA GT-2 and spoke with the owner a few years ago asking for pics and more info, but I lost contact with him.

A few of mine........
My favorite!! (4 years ago, about this time of the year a guy in AZ sends me a pic of an old race car stored in a barn for 8 years That I am interested in buying)

Then when I get this thing home, I look at this pile of dusty parts with 2 or 3 usable body parts, and say to my self " Now What??? What am I gonna do with this???" I still officially blame Paul Hosler for sending me down this twisted path!!! If he would have never done a build blog that I would have never found I would be still living a nice peaceful calm life with a mildly modded street car with a few bucks in my pocket, BUT NOOOOO!!
just kidding Paul!!

This is THE very first time the car was rolled out of the shop as a completed,painted,stickered, set up car. This was after 3 weeks of working on it until 2-3am and the in the pic I was awake for something like 40 hours straight!! I was trying to finish the car to get to the 25th show.............but something came up and I was unable to get out there( I was crushed!!)...........

Let's keep promoting these race cars........
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Deerson:
Then when I get this thing home, I look at this pile of dusty parts with 2 or 3 usable body parts, and say to my self " Now What??? What am I gonna do with this???" I still officially blame Paul Hosler for sending me down this twisted path!!! If he would have never done a build blog that I would have never found I would be still living a nice peaceful calm life with a mildly modded street car with a few bucks in my pocket, BUT NOOOOO!!
just kidding Paul!!

Dave.... after seeing how well your car turned out I am willing to take full credit.... er ah.. BLAME for showing you what the "other side" looks like. If my blog is never looked at again, and after tens of hours or work, I am very happy that you were "inspired" to build your car. The craftsmanship you have put in to yours is much better than mine. I am really looking forward to getting our cars together for the 30th at IMS in 2013.

I just had a thought.... If your wife asks... I was NOT to blame for this. No habla englas.

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Bump!
Blueiii

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is/will be a race car. Its not quite there yet as its still a work in progress, but I bought it for the purpose of making it a clean, streetable autoX car.

Currently racing E-Stock, most likely for the rest of this year. My hope is to eventually have it in SM2 with a Series 2 3800 SC.
ManMadeChickens

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in the process of building a production-based Fiero race car for the ChumpCar series, and was thinking of trying to paint it like the Goodwrench car. These pictures give me something to aspire to, since a $500 budget and a beat up '86 GT don't come anywhere near close. My compliments go out to everyone involved with bringing these cars to life (even the second or third time around).
Chelo Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chelo FieroClick Here to visit Chelo Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chelo FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

This is the best by far. If someone made that kit ... and it was decent ... Id be way tempted to build one. I should have bought the original. It sold here in ohio maybe 6/7 years ago for a few grand without any drivetrain. Thats the factory Fiero IMSA GTP car.

or you can buy a mosler!!!!!!! :-)

[This message has been edited by Chelo Fiero (edited 12-08-2009).]

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Runner... I still wouldn't mind seeing the vids... They have sound right? That's all we need - To hear the race engines!!
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chelo Fiero:

I wouldn't be ashamed to drive that.
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by unboundmo:

Runner... I still wouldn't mind seeing the vids... They have sound right? That's all we need - To hear the race engines!!

The problem is that I don't know how to post them or if they are in the correct format.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I seen a Mosler in person. There nice, but not worth their asking price to me. I found a lot of things on it in need of improvement.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Runner. If you have a digital video file. mp4 or other extensions use this link... It's free and easy

http://tinypic.com/

Then after it uploads, copy the link that is given to the webpage and paste it here on pennocks

usually you can put it in..... [tinypic] link [/tinypic] but it's not working like youtube....

Just paste the link and we'll find it.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

The problem is that I don't know how to post them or if they are in the correct format.

You could always Youtube it, and post links here.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only have one video that is not already burned on to a DVD. I archive them to DVD format and then delete them. The only one I have one video of me autocrossing and that is in a *.VOB format. FieroMonkey has offered to post it for me, so I am sending him a copy. I get an error when ever I try. Even YouTube. I might be making a mistake, hense sending it to some one for help.
Don't get too excited, its not that great.
Fosgatecavy98

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WILL SOMEONE PLEASSSSEEEE post some of the race videos. Racing a fiero in a series is what I dream of at night.

While my ecotecfiero will hopefully become the new era of Fieros racing (I can hope right?) I REALLY want to see and hear some of those
going around the track. This is my favorite thread ever. I <3 track Fieros!!!

Even better Id like some high-res of the suspension setups of the track cars
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well everyone.... Sorry. I have tried to email the video I have and it just locks up my computer. I CAN, however, help with the suspension pictures.

This is before the wide body......

After the 2008 modifications.

If you want to see the whole construction WITH explanation... go to my CarDomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315

The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's some suspension shots,although I don't have any with "real" springs installed,only set-up bars.I'll have to get some this spring when the body comes back off to reset everything up.

Here are some in bare metal before paint:

------------------

rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone has access to the center pullout section from the Race Car Construction details handboook, 1983 " Performance Plus " from the editors of Hot Rod magazine, there is already a .pdf version of the booklet but it does not contain the center pullout blueprints, it is a 4 page foldout , has all the measurements, angles, radius etc. this would be a good thread to also provide the blueprints. I had a copy for many years since 1991 but they are possibly misplaced probably lost, If I find them I will also scan them to post.
PFF
System Bot
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i would like to see all of our RACE car members who have the tube framed cars race, or just have one big fiero meet and an autocross track to race eliminate one another and such would be pretty fun anybody know where we could do something like that?
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely bring to the west coast...... Willow Springs or better yet, Laguna Seca...... That race would be the highlight of all time.....

I JUST WANT TO HERE SOME RACE ENGINES --- fire it up! PLEASE

I love the headers and exhaust in this pic

-
-
This is the money shot for sure!

rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009

rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like how they kept the side moulding keeping the fiero look on the white one above.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:

i would like to see all of our RACE car members who have the tube framed cars race, or just have one big fiero meet and an autocross track to race eliminate one another and such would be pretty fun anybody know where we could do something like that?

The only PFF members I know of with tube chassis cars are Dave and I. I can think of at least 7 other cars be sides ours out there but not on the forum. Please keep in mind that most of the other guys with the IMSA Fieros are race guys and not so much Fiero guys. It is a rare combination to be both.

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003
The white car is Jack Ondrack's car. He has been a lot of help to Dave and I.
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

I like how they kept the side moulding keeping the fiero look on the white one above.

That fender flare is what I call the "Ondrak Flare". Jack took a fender like mine( the later 1988+) and had it stretched another inch and made new moulds. He felt the car handled better with an even wider front track width than what Huffaker had on the car already. Who can argue, he does very well with that car!! I just never was into that wide of a flare on the front of the car. I have a pair that I got from him and mocked up the car with, but went with the 1988 flare( IMSA and SCCA increased the allowable track widths,so the cars started to get wider as the years went on),although I still really like the clean look of the narrow flares ( like on the Dingman's Valvoline car) .
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Deerson:
.....( like on the Dingman's Valvoline car) .

Or mine Actually that is not true. Mine are the original width front fenders with the same rear quarters as you and Jack have. If I recall your front fenders are 1" per side wider? 2"?
PFF
System Bot
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the later fenders are 1 1/2in wider, I'll have to pull out the early control arm to measure the difference. I think I also have an old narrow fender out behind the shop to compare.
rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009
rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009
rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009
rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009
rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009
rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009
rourke_87_T-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave