Started on: 09-16-2007 01:54 PM
Replies: 134 (10377 views)
Last post by: Tom Slick on 05-30-2014 07:33 AM
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump to keep the Thread moving with some updates....I worked out the low mount using the stock LS4 Alt mount flipped and came up with a tensioner solution that works well. I have added the completed engine harness to it but still need to lay it on perfect and then start securing it down. Also got the Pass side hindge put back on where it is functional and working.....This only leaves cleaning up the engine bay, adding insulation, installing the setup and then adding all the small parts to the swap.....Looks like it might actaully get done this year....shooting to have it at the next Texas event that we will be having.....Will get some pictures to add to the Thread soon.......
IP: Logged
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
great.... you ready to start working on a 3800sc for someone?

Next big random Texas event should be Spring Fling... what?... 6 now? in March. Then AER, Then Round-Up.

glad you're making progress... will call you after deer season on that other matter... and I think there is the matter of a hotel to square up.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Who is the lucky someone?
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Next big random Texas event should be Spring Fling... what?... 6 now? in March. Then AER, Then Round-Up.

glad you're making progress... will call you after deer season on that other matter... and I think there is the matter of a hotel to square up.

I have to finish putting my 3800 back together before I can start another one....Need to wrap that up this week sometime and get it back on the road........On the Spring Fling...Who is going to be hosting it this year with the changes in the selected members life? We will try to shoot for probally mid Feb to take the trip South for the pick up....I thought we where sqaure on the hotel after me taking the time/gas to go and pick up your motor/trans? But I guess you want more.....Will take care of it as soon as my PP account is unlocked.....
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-11-2011 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics...

What do you think of Joe's harness? I wish that I could let the cat out of the bag on his latest, but.....

Looking forward to seeing the 88 on the road.

Tony

Edit: VVV FAMILY FORUM! (That made me choke up some coffee.) VVV

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 01-11-2011).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

....I thought we where sqaure on the hotel ...

I am talking about for services rendered at the hotel...
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just another EMPTY BUMP>>>>>>Well between my last bump and this one I eded up doing another 3800 swap for a local so once again the LS4 got looked over....But that swap was completed a few weeks back so bumping the Thread in hopes to get some progress done on it before I start on another 3800 swap I picked up...My goal is to have the swap on the road by the Ruckus one way or another......
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I rolled out the LS4 swap from the corner this evening while I was doing some painting on a 3800Sc swap I am working on. Blew off all the dust, bugs, ect and pulled the engine harness off it to get ready to wash it down. Like I mentioned above I found a way to use the stock Alt bracket flipped to low mount the Alt and also using a tensioner from a 3.1 motor that was in an older GP. I ordered a new tensioner being the old one is pretty wore looking and in a place not easy to change it needed. I also measured to see what length belt I will need for the setup..Plans are to clean up setup this week, add a little paint, wrap the engine harness coimpletly then install it back on. THen cut out some insualtion for the engine bay to install it and then install it.....I doudt much of this will get done this week but it looks good on here...Will get some new pictures once I wash it up and install everything....
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As long as you do not stuff it back in the corner. It's time to get that thing going! Or maybe you are just trying to set a record for "longest swap"....lol. Standing by!
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

As long as you do not stuff it back in the corner. It's time to get that thing going! Or maybe you are just trying to set a record for "longest swap"....lol. Standing by!

I agree...I plan on having it done for the Ruckus...I mean I have everything major needed for the swap....I guess it is just the modivation to get it done which this 100* heat is not helping.....Will be nice to get back into my 88 GT that has been down for many many years.....

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally some work done on the LS4 and I have a few updated pictures showing the low mount and what it will look like installed....LS4 is not a pretty motor and not much you can do to clean it up....I will continue to clean up some of the hoses, wires that I can to make it look cleaner....The cover will probally be run until this is done.....Next is to clean up engine bay from all the dust and install firewall insulation...then install the setup and start hooking up all the little stuff....

Low Mount:Used stock Alt bracket, flipped and tensioner from 3.1

Without Cover:

With Cover:
PFF
System Bot
fierogt27

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When we get around to finishing a few things on my car, I'd be more than willing to hold a flashlight, or hand you a screwdriver for the LS4.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LS4 is not a pretty motor and not much you can do to clean it up....I will continue to clean up some of the hoses, wires that I can to make it look cleaner

I really like what this GXP owner did to his LS4. He said he will shave the 'GTO' out and do something else there... but you get the idea.
Said he found a cheap set of covers on flea-bay or craigslist to cut up.

A different guy on clubGP owns a detailing business... and this is the treatment of his LS4.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 07-29-2011).]

dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-29-2011 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can find one cheap, switching to an LS1 or LS6 intake is easy, flows better than the LS4 intake, and is a lot cleaner on top.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

If you can find one cheap, switching to an LS1 or LS6 intake is easy, flows better than the LS4 intake, and is a lot cleaner on top.

That is the plan down the road once everything is worked out. Other MODs will be added at the same time...
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin good Stephen.
Hope to see it at Ruckus.
Mike
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Pics...

What do you think of Joe's harness? I wish that I could let the cat out of the bag on his latest, but.....

Looking forward to seeing the 88 on the road.

Tony

Edit: VVV FAMILY FORUM! (That made me choke up some coffee.) VVV

Some how I missed this reply....Joe's harness is great, routed nicely and at a very good price....The only thing I changed on it was that I taped the complete harness with electrical tape for a cleaner look....But after doing it and putting the cover on....you can even see it....

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Lookin good Stephen.
Hope to see it at Ruckus.
Mike

Having it done by the Ruckus is the plan...Should not be a problem but then again 100* plus weather is not helping...
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the weather cooler at night I was able to get a little done to the swap....I thought this would be the last time I had to put the setup in but it will have to come out one more time. The bought a new tensioner for the low mount to insure I would not have to replace it for a long time...Well the tensioner I got is a little differant design and cause clearance issues....So it will come back out this weekend to correct that issue......Sorry for the poor quality pictures my cell camera along with phone itself has about ahd it....

And another swap going on in the shop

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 09-02-2011).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump....Decided to take some time and work on the LS4 swap instead of the other 10 things I have going on....I was able to get all the wiring/ECM/TCM layed out where it is going and everything zip tied down nice/neat...Then I started working on plumbing the coolant lines...I used Darth method pretty much for the main coolant lines but still have to do the heater core lines..I had to move the rear brake line around some that routes along the rear wall being the low mount caused issues with it....After this I am going to install the auto shifter, cable and modded shifter bracket....I also have to re-install the heater core lines as I removed them at one time even though I dont remember doing so....

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump....Decided to take some time and work on the LS4 swap instead of the other 10 things I have going on....I was able to get all the wiring/ECM/TCM layed out where it is going and everything zip tied down nice/neat...Then I started working on plumbing the coolant lines...I used Darth method pretty much for the main coolant lines but still have to do the heater core lines..I had to move the rear brake line around some that routes along the rear wall being the low mount caused issues with it....After this I am going to install the auto shifter, cable and modded shifter bracket....I also have to re-install the heater core lines as I removed them at one time even though I dont remember doing so....

you don't need any stinking heater core lines, the heater core will leak and that will just be another thing to fix. it doesn't get that cold that you'll need a heater plus all the heat coming off that motor will keep you warm.

looks good, i wish i could do one but another project gets in the way.

PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awww $h!t... He's working on the LS4...
How you going to tune that thing anyway?

If you bring the LS4 to this Jan28th NTFC meeting I'll buy you lunch... How's that for incintive?

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 01-11-2012).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Awww $h!t... He's working on the LS4...
How you going to tune that thing anyway?

If you bring the LS4 to this Jan28th NTFC meeting I'll buy you lunch... How's that for incintive?

The tune has been done by Darth and have another local guy that will do a in car performance tune when the time comes........FREE lunch....I better get back out there and get to working......
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good so far! I plan to replace my 4.9 with an LS4 in several years and/or when it dies.

Keyword several. I'm done with engine swaps for a long while after my 3800 is done.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 01-12-2012).]

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Y'all have the patience of Job on y'all's swaps. I've been hesitant about starting a build thread because I didn't want it to stall, but I see that is more the norm than the exception.
This swap I think is the best for the Fiero and I look forward to seeing this one in person and completed.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Looks good so far! I plan to replace my 4.9 with an LS4 in several years and/or when it dies.

Keyword several. I'm done with engine swaps for a long while after my 3800 is done.

I say after ever 3800 swap I do that it is the last one....Well I just picked up another swap to do along with another one that is in the works some what.....Then I have two past swaps coming back for MODs/upgrade in the near future....Then add on my personal projects......
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Y'all have the patience of Job on y'all's swaps. I've been hesitant about starting a build thread because I didn't want it to stall, but I see that is more the norm than the exception.
This swap I think is the best for the Fiero and I look forward to seeing this one in person and completed.

took me almost 6 years to get my damn 3.4 DOHC swap done. I worked on it, lost interest, worked on it, lost interest...... finally the 25th got me inspired to "get er done" and I did. Once done I was kicking myself in the A** for not keeping up with it and haveing it done years earler.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP! to get this thing built before the 2 upcomming Turbo builds.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for getting this thing going!
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the lastest update without pictures.....

Wrapping up(been saying this for over 2 months) a 3800SC/65E into an 87 GT....Next I have to....Swap fuel pumps/sender in an 88 Formula that I did a 3.1 swap in a few months back....Then I have a 3800SC/65E that I swapped many years back that is back for cam ,GenV, ect.....All this while I am tracking to track down what I think is a fueling issue with my car(think it is time for a new fuel pump)....I also have 2 3800SC swaps lined up in the future and also a 4.9 swap but luckly these are all being down with the help of the owner and not in my shop.

Updates on the LS4....Still collecting dust in the corner with stuff piled on and around it.....
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you using the Fiero AC compressor?
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

Are you using the Fiero AC compressor?

Not like I am any closer to getting the swap done but when it is done..The LS4 compressor is being used.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was hoping the Fiero one would work but I guess not. I hate to break it free with a good charge.
n7vrz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In just 2 months this swap will have been 5 years in the making. FIVE YEARS!!!!!!
You going to finish this swap sometime this century??????
And I thought I was slow.

j/k, I know you've had other projects taking up time. But really...............
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by n7vrz:

In just 2 months this swap will have been 5 years in the making. FIVE YEARS!!!!!!

I want to have it done by the 30th but who really knows.......
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIVE YEARS the shame of it.
n7vrz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got non-automotive 'projects' that I've been working on for quite some time now. Something always seems to come up to take me away. Then it takes me a while to get back later.
Right now I've got a Formula with the engine I want to put into my GT. But the garage is full of my sister's belongings since she needed to move and had to 'store' stuff. I'm not gonna try and do that swap outside on my sloping asphalt driveway with the temp in the 90's.
So much to do and I'm out of round toit's.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump Any news?
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump Any news?

Wrapping up another 3800SC swap and just really got rollng on another with a local member. Also have a 4.9 swap that a local wants me help him with. So not much going on with the LS swap but it will get done one day..
Big.E.In.Crooked.I

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Big.E.In.Crooked.ISend a Private Message to Big.E.In.Crooked.IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIVE YEARS the shame of it.

................nope.

[This message has been edited by Big.E.In.Crooked.I (edited 08-05-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors