Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  converting a Fiero to a 3.8 liter SC , what parts are needed?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
converting a Fiero to a 3.8 liter SC , what parts are needed? by adm927
Started on: 08-23-2016 11:44 AM
Replies: 1 (305 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 08-23-2016 03:23 PM
adm927

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for adm927Send a Private Message to adm927Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So after some research I think I will do a 3.8 SC swap. What is needed to do this correctly? Assuming that I have the correct 3.8 SC engine. I know I need mounts which someone makes. I also believe that the 3.8 will bolt directly to the factory 5 speed Fiero transmission. What clutch should I use? Do I need the entire wiring harness and computer from the 3.8 donor car? Will the a/c lines adapt to the 3.8? I do want a/c. What else would be needed? Also which 3.8 SC is the best/ easiest to fit the Fiero?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are TONS of posts on this very subject all over the forum. Here is a link to the spot in my thread where I decided to do the swap. I tried to note everything that I did, questions I had, solutions to problems, links to parts and vendors and everything else I could think of. It covers parts, mounts, wiring, cleaning, painting, pricing and just about everything I went through to do my swap.

From start to finish you are looking at around $3,000 and up to do the swap. That covers engine, mounts, wiring, computer, exhaust, brackets, adapters and tons of miscellaneous stuff that will come up in the course of the build.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-23-2016).]

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock