Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: EMBRACE RACING DUAL BIXENON FLUSHMOUNT HEADLIGHTS (Group Buy: Nov 2013)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

FS: EMBRACE RACING DUAL BIXENON FLUSHMOUNT HEADLIGHTS (Group Buy: Nov 2013) by doublec4
Started on: 11-18-2013 11:39 PM
Replies: 24
Last post by: doublec4 on 01-22-2014 02:41 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I've had a lot of inquiries about these lights lately and I know some people want them around the holiday season. Please post or pm me if you're interested! I will have this group buy open for the next week and a half and I will be able to start construction on the lights at the end of November.)

For those who are unfamiliar with these lights, keep reading and check out the pictures. These are revision 2 of the design. Improved aiming brackets for easier aiming, plus pre drilled lenses for more robust mounting.

Onto the details!

BOLT ON flush mount light kits for sale. These units use high quality projectors and HID lighting systems so you can finally see again at night in your Fiero!

NO CUTTING, NO FIBERGLASSING, NO DRILLING of your stock equipment so you can return to stock if you need to.

For those who have not seen them, and are interested in the build, take a moment to visit this thread:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087489.html

Let's start with a few pictures:

This is just the 2 outer lights on, with 3000K (gold) bulbs. The two inner lights provide a much wider angle of illumination because they are pushed forward more.

This is the very nice, uniform light spread with only 2 projectors on (inners), low beam, and 35W bulbs. So basically the lowest light output setting possible:

Here is the area of unlit space in front of the car (extremely minimum compared to all other Fiero flushmount kits)

I will try to get better pictures with a camera that does night shots better.

The price for a set in the group buy will be $430 US + shipping (Price has gone up $10 because of a few extra pieces of expensive hardware that is now included)

You would receive:

- 2 lenses (VERY durable, see video below) (CNC cut for precision fit)

- 2 buckets
- 2 aiming brackets
- 2 mounting brackets

- All hardware
- 4 Bixenon projectors (They accept H1 bulbs)

- 4 projector shrouds [Your choice of the mini gatling gun (chrome) , or mini graphite (smoked clear)] *Please note that only the smoked shrouds can use the concentric rings to make installation easier.

- Instructions

The kit comes unpainted and you would need to supply your own HID kits and wire them. Do not use 55W HID kits with these projectors! Buy the 35W kits, they are plenty bright especially with 4 lights on.

It's a time consuming process to make these so I really cannot offer to paint them for you, etc. They're not overly difficult to install. If you can turn a wrench you can install them. No modifications of your stock equipment!

So, let us begin another group buy!

Please post or pm me if you would like to secure a kit.

To get on the group buy list, I will require a $100 deposit upfront, and then you can pay the rest when the sets are ready to ship out. Turn around time is a couple of weeks (2-3). There is no price mark up on the projector lights and shrouds. You are getting them at cost.

Please PM me with your name, contact information, address, paypal info (I can do online bank transfer too) and please specify which projector shrouds you would like. You can do all 4 the same, or a pair of the mini gatlings + a pair of the clear smoked ones.

Thank you! Please post any questions you may have

GROUP BUY PRICE $430 + shipping

Thank you guys again for all of your interest. It has helped inspire me to build these for the Fiero community!

More pictures here on customers vehicles etc.

http://embraceracing.com/flushmounts.html

GROUP BUY LIST:

1. Tony
2. animal
3. Chris
4. LS4-GT88
5. Big.E.In.Crooked.I

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 11-27-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Bump, got one

Let me know if there are any other takers!

coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyDirect Link to This Post
give me a list of what i need to get for to make them work
thanks
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
(2) Hid kits and a little paint for the buckets and lens.
Very well built kit....

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by coady:

give me a list of what i need to get for to make them work
thanks

As jb1 correctly stated, you will need:

(QTY: 2) HID kits (H1 bulb size, 35W)
(QTY: 2) H4 high beam controller harnesses
Some spray paint

I'm not in the business of selling HID kits but you can find them all over the place. I can get the high beam controller harnesses for you from The Retrofit Source, or you can support a forum vendor and buy them from TLG Auto. Chris is a great guy and he can hook you up.

Thanks!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I'm contemplating this for my fastback IMSA... I'll be getting back to you when its running.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I'm contemplating this for my fastback IMSA... I'll be getting back to you when its running.

Sure, let me know as soon as you can. I hope to have enough people (5) by the end of the month for this group buy. But as always, there will be more group buys as long as there is sufficient interest!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
bump!
LS4-GT88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LS4-GT88Send a Private Message to LS4-GT88Direct Link to This Post
Excuse my ignorance, but do these lights have to be HID or can a regular H1 bulb be used?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Not an ignorant question at all! Yes, only H1 HID bulbs are intended for use with these projectors. Forcing a halogen bulb in the housing may result in a melted projector.
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by LS4-GT88:

Excuse my ignorance, but do these lights have to be HID or can a regular H1 bulb be used?

Same question from me. I LOVE your flush headlight solution, but the combined cost of the Flush mount kit and the HID's has kept me away.

I think that even if the visibility might be compromised I wouldn't care, I put 3000miles a year on my Fiero I bet less than 3% of that is at night. If standard H1 bulbs fit and don't catch fire I would almost certainty jump on this

Edit: you responded while I was typing. (Buzz Kill)

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96) I'll Sell it if you like
1985 GT 3800SC (swap in progress)

[This message has been edited by 1fast2m4 (edited 11-24-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1fast2m4:
Same question from me. I LOVE your flush headlight solution, but the combined cost of the Flush mount kit and the HID's has kept me away.

I think that even if the visibility might be compromised I wouldn't care, I put 3000miles a year on my Fiero I bet less than 3% of that is at night. If standard H1 bulbs fit and don't catch fire I would almost certainty jump on this

Edit: you responded while I was typing. (Buzz Kill)

Sorry about that!

You can get fairly cheap HID kits on ebay (around $25 - $30) but you obviously don't get a warranty. However, I've been using them on my car for about a year now without any problems. I've actually had good luck with them.

An alternative solution is to just run one HID kit, so you're only using two projectors. I did this for a few weeks when I was first developing the kit and the light output was still great. I would recommend using the two inner most projectors.

Then you can always buy another HID kit down the road.
LS4-GT88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS4-GT88Send a Private Message to LS4-GT88Direct Link to This Post
Are there painting instructions for the lens?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Are there painting instructions for the lens?

Yes, I include instructions for every step of the process. It's actually quite easy, just takes some time, masking tape, and a spray can. You will actually paint the inside of the lens so that it never wears off.
LS4-GT88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS4-GT88Send a Private Message to LS4-GT88Direct Link to This Post
Put me down for the group buy.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Put me down for the group buy.

Will do!

Thanks for the order! I'll get in touch with you in about a week for the deposit through paypal.

Thanks again!

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 11-24-2013).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2013 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
One more bump! Then I'm locking this thing up
Big.E.In.Crooked.I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2013 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Big.E.In.Crooked.ISend a Private Message to Big.E.In.Crooked.IDirect Link to This Post
Count me in.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2013 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Perfect!

You're in!

Group buy is now closed, materials are on order and I'll start making them in a few days!

Thank you everyone!
LS4-GT88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS4-GT88Send a Private Message to LS4-GT88Direct Link to This Post
Do I have to use the Bixenon H1 bulbs or can I use the xenon? That way I would only have 4 lights on total during highbeam conditions.
NUC19882M6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NUC19882M6Send a Private Message to NUC19882M6Direct Link to This Post
You will need H1 bulbs
Bi-Xenon just refers to the fact the projector has a solenoid operated shield that can be flipped out of the path of the light for high-beams.
If you eBay, than any ol' 35 watt HID kit with H1 bulbs will work. I recommend you get the XB35 or H1 bulbs from TheRetrofitSource.

EDIT: How many lights you have on will depend on how it's wired. You can have all four, two, four with two high beams, etc... These Morimoto H1 projectors have a solenoid so all four can be on for normal, low-beam and all four solenoids can be wired up for high-beams. If that's the case then all four lights will be on all the time, which for HID (Xenon) bulbs is best. They and their ballasts don't appreciate being flashed on and off; that's what the solenoid flip shield is for.

[This message has been edited by NUC19882M6 (edited 01-02-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for jumping in NUC19882M6

Just as was mentioned, you will need regular H1 HID bulbs. You do not need the bulbs that have a retractable shield or anything like that. The projectors themselves have the shields built in. They must be HID bulbs though, halogen bulbs will not fit and will run too hot.
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyDirect Link to This Post
was great meeting you today... even thought they will stay in the box till spring i am super excited about them and the craftsman ship is amazing...
thanks so much
LS4-GT88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LS4-GT88Send a Private Message to LS4-GT88Direct Link to This Post
I received my lights! Thank you. Sending off the buckets to the powder coater. Hope to have pics soon.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliments/feedback guys, I really appreciate it

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay