Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: EMBRACE RACING DUAL BI-XENON FLUSHMOUNT HEADLIGHTS REV2 (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: EMBRACE RACING DUAL BI-XENON FLUSHMOUNT HEADLIGHTS REV2 by doublec4
Started on: 01-16-2013 07:05 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: coady on 02-13-2013 02:19 AM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2013 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Another group buy is gearing up. I've had a lot of requests to build more lights so I'd like to see if anyone else is interested. For those who need more details, keep reading and check out the pictures. These are revision 2 of the design. Improved aiming brackets for easier aiming, plus pre drilled lenses for more robust mounting.

Onto the details!

BOLT ON flush mount light kits for sale. These units use high quality projectors and HID lighting systems so you can finally see again at night in your Fiero!

NO CUTTING, NO FIBERGLASSING, NO DRILLING of your stock equipment so you can return to stock if you need to.

For those who have not seen them, and are interested in the build, take a moment to visit this thread:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087489.html

Let's start with a few pictures:

This is just the 2 outer lights on, with 3000K (gold) bulbs. The two inner lights provide a much wider angle of illumination because they are pushed forward more.

This is the very nice, uniform light spread with only 2 projectors on (inners), low beam, and 35W bulbs. So basically the lowest light output setting possible:

Here is the area of unlit space in front of the car (extremely minimum compared to all other Fiero flushmount kits)

I will try to get better pictures with a camera that does night shots better.

The price for a set in the group buy will be $420 US + shipping

You would receive:

- 2 lenses (VERY durable, see video below) (CNC cut for precision fit)

- 2 buckets
- 2 aiming brackets
- 2 mounting brackets

- All hardware
- 4 Bixenon projectors (They accept H1 bulbs)

- 4 projector shrouds [Your choice of the mini gatling gun (chrome) , or mini graphite (smoked clear)]

- Instructions

The kit comes unpainted and you would need to supply your own HID kits and wire them. Do not use 55W HID kits with these projectors! Buy the 35W kits, they are plenty bright especially with 4 lights on.

It's a time consuming process to make these so I really cannot offer to paint them for you, etc. They're not overly difficult to install. If you can turn a wrench you can install them. No modifications of your stock equipment!

So, let us begin the another group buy!

Please post or pm me if you would like to secure a kit.

To get on the group buy list, I will require a $100 deposit upfront, and then you can pay the rest when the sets are ready to ship out. Turn around time is a couple of weeks (2-3). There is no price mark up on the projector lights and shrouds. You are getting them at cost.

Please PM me with your name, contact information, address, paypal info (I can do online bank transfer too) and please specify which projector shrouds you would like. You can do all 4 the same, or a pair of the mini gatlings + a pair of the clear smoked ones.

Thank you! Please post any questions you may have

GROUP BUY PRICE $420 + shipping

Thank you guys again for all of your interest. It has helped inspire me to build these for the Fiero community!

More pictures here on customers vehicles etc.

http://embraceracing.com/flushmounts.html

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 01-16-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2013 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Hey doublec is it $410 or $420? You have both prices in your ad! By the way love these things and if I ever get another fiero this will be my 1st upgrade.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2013 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by donnie072003:

Hey doublec is it $410 or $420? You have both prices in your ad! By the way love these things and if I ever get another fiero this will be my 1st upgrade.

Sorry about that, I'm editing things as I go along.

The price is $420, the old price was $410. The new revision of the kit requires a lot more time to build.

Thank you!
OneQuickGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2013 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneQuickGTDirect Link to This Post
As you already know, I'm SO down for a set.

I'll pm you for bank info for a deposit.
jake88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2013 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88gtDirect Link to This Post
i remember seeing ones with halo lights do you still have those??
Gambit

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GambitSend a Private Message to GambitDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
i am in for a set...

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar ( soon for sale)
86GT 3800 n/a

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jake88gt:

i remember seeing ones with halo lights do you still have those??

Yes!

I should have posted a picture of the optional halos:

These work with the mini graphite shrouds and can be made in various colors. If I don't have the color of LED you want in stock, I can ship you your headlights and send the halos at a later date. The cost of 4 halo rings is $40.

Thank you!

Will reply to all pm's

------------------

Embrace Racing

Grinner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrinnerClick Here to visit Grinner's HomePageSend a Private Message to GrinnerDirect Link to This Post
What would be the shipping to 76035 so I know about how much to set aside?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grinner:

What would be the shipping to 76035 so I know about how much to set aside?

Appx. $40 for shipping. It is a fair sized box. Hope to hear from you
jake88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88gtSend a Private Message to jake88gtDirect Link to This Post
awesome!!!! when does it end? because next paycheck goes toward these puppys!
PFF
System Bot
Monolith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonolithSend a Private Message to MonolithDirect Link to This Post
Interested on the end date and possible future date as well.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
End date to buy in will likely be the end of the week ($100 deposit). Then I have to order the projectors and make the actual lights so there is a period of appx 2 weeks while I make them. Once they are ready, I email you and you pay the remaining balance and I will ship them out

So you would have a little over two weeks before paying the balance if you can up the $100 in the next few days. Worst case scenario, if in 2 weeks you don't have the remaining balance ready I can hold onto your deposit and kit until you are ready to pay.

Thanks guys!

------------------

Embrace Racing

Grinner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrinnerClick Here to visit Grinner's HomePageSend a Private Message to GrinnerDirect Link to This Post
Friggin IN!!!!!

PM sent.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Friggin IN!!!!!

PM sent.

Awesome PM returned!
Grinner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrinnerClick Here to visit Grinner's HomePageSend a Private Message to GrinnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Awesome PM returned!

Deposit made.

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Deposit made.

Thank you!

I've been busy tonight making some lenses for the group buy. I think tomorrow will be the last day I leave this open!

Also, I'm very open to suggestions on improvements and/or other products you guys would like to see made for the fiero or any other vehicle you have. I like to keep busy

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Group buy now closed!

Thanks to everyone who has placed their order, I will be busy putting everything together in the next two weeks! I'll be sure to keep updates going in this thread.

Can't wait to see more installs

------------------

Embrace Racing

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Making more progress tonight with making more lenses for everyone

Excited to send out the REV2 edition of these lights!
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
Cant wait to recieve them..

------------------

87 GT
86GT 3800 n/a

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
On the fence...I love them but the biggest issue in my mind the entire time I have been watching you on this product is the the attachment of the lenses.

If there are upgrades to the mounting of the lenses...could you show a few pictures that highlight the upgrades, not just them installed.

Thanks
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

On the fence...I love them but the biggest issue in my mind the entire time I have been watching you on this product is the the attachment of the lenses.

If there are upgrades to the mounting of the lenses...could you show a few pictures that highlight the upgrades, not just them installed.

Thanks

No problem, I can post some pictures as I finish the sets. I will attach a lens to the buckets and take some pictures for you and post them up.

I have basically made new fixtures to weld the buckets and included holes in them for lens mounting with countersunk hardware. Everything will line up in the center of your headlight opening. At some point I will also post up a video of how I make the lenses. I'm just upgrading more of my equipment as I go along

Thanks!

Edit to add that the velcro will still be used in addition to the hardware. It's invisible when the lens is installed, and has the advantage of holding the lens in place while you remove the hardware etc and the hood is up.

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 01-24-2013).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Spent my entire Saturday drilling holes and watching the CNC machine go round and round and round

Lenses are now done, waiting on the projectors to come in, and also waiting for my metal for the buckets. Getting there!

I'll try to snap a picture for you tomorrow TXOPIE
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2013 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
TXOPIE,

Hopefully these pictures give you an idea of how the lenses are now attached. You can also see the newer aiming bracket sitting in the housing.

Four counter-sunk machine screws and locking nuts per lens will be supplied. Obviously in that one picture, the hardware isn't fastened all of the way down, I left room for the Velcro to sit in between.

thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyDirect Link to This Post
Sad that I missed the buy-in on this. I love me some flip-up headlights but these are too cool to ignore. If someone wants out of their commitment, or if extras are available, please let me know.

Edit: Also, I would love to hear about how the lenses are formed. I have another car that I've wanted to set up something very similar for.

[This message has been edited by thesameguy (edited 01-28-2013).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by thesameguy:

Sad that I missed the buy-in on this. I love me some flip-up headlights but these are too cool to ignore. If someone wants out of their commitment, or if extras are available, please let me know.

Edit: Also, I would love to hear about how the lenses are formed. I have another car that I've wanted to set up something very similar for.

PM sent, there will always be another group buy as long as people continue to show interest!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Forgot to add that I also improved the curvature of the lenses to match that of the stock headlight doors.

Rev2 of these lights is really a refinement of what I've been offering all along
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyDirect Link to This Post
they look amazing im gonna be so interested in these in the spring
how is your other project we spoke about going?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by coady:

they look amazing im gonna be so interested in these in the spring
how is your other project we spoke about going?

It's coming along

Just waiting on some things to finish them!
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
Awesome...you sold me on the new versions.

I am definitely down for a set. It will be in my next round of purchases in 2 weeks.

Thanks for the great work!

Check out my build!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/091104.html

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 01-29-2013).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
That's great news

I'll be sure to write your name down and get in touch when another group buy is ready.

To keep everyone else updated, I'm still waiting on the projectors to arrive along with the metal for the buckets. Thanks for your patience everyone!
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Good news, projectors came in the mail today

Only thing left is the buckets!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Keeping everyone updated... picking up the metal on Monday afternoon so everything should be ready to go by the end of next week. Thanks!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Just picked up the metal, gotta get to work!
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
woohoo! Can't wait!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Almost ready! Going to send out some emails with shipping quotes for everyone. Hoping to ship out before the end of the week.
Grinner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2013 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrinnerClick Here to visit Grinner's HomePageSend a Private Message to GrinnerDirect Link to This Post
You have PM & email.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2013 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
For all of those who paid, I will be shipping out today. Hope the big snow storm out this way doesn't slow things down too much!

Here is a quick picture of the amber halos that were ordered. First time for amber and it looks good!

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2013 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
Can't wait for them to arrive....

------------------

87 GT
86GT 3800 n/a

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2013 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

Can't wait for them to arrive....

Can't wait for people to post pictures of them installed
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay