87 Fiero with 11" stretch engine cradle V8 / porsche trans by daveheld
Started on: 11-05-2012 08:51 PM
Replies: 28
Last post by: IVANNATINKLE on 08-18-2013 11:45 PM
daveheld

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daveheldClick Here to visit daveheld's HomePageSend a Private Message to daveheldDirect Link to This Post
Selling an 87 Fiero with Engine cradle installed. The tubular engine cradle mounts a Chevy small block V8 with porsche 914 transaxle.
The engine and trans mounts can be modified (by you) to accept an alternate power train. The engine and trans havee been sold and therefore are not included.

pics available... and if you would like to post the pics here - you are welcome to do so.

email dave at team321 dot com for pics.

Located in Cocoa Beach FL $2000

dave
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
Is this the rocker style or the strut style tubular frame?

[This message has been edited by IVANNATINKLE (edited 11-06-2012).]

daveheld

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daveheldClick Here to visit daveheld's HomePageSend a Private Message to daveheldDirect Link to This Post

daveheld

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daveheldClick Here to visit daveheld's HomePageSend a Private Message to daveheldDirect Link to This Post

daveheld

95 posts
Member since Nov 2010

IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
I was just about to post these for you! Great looking stuff!
diabloroadster

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterDirect Link to This Post
would you be interested in just selling the cradle? $?
daveheld

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2012 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daveheldClick Here to visit daveheld's HomePageSend a Private Message to daveheldDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the late edit, but coilovers are not included... I didn't think about it until I saw the pic today...

I can tell you the specs of which ones to buy, but they have been removed and used on another display. There are rod ends / toe links on place of the coilovers to keep the suspension in place.

Also, I have an engine cradle with an optional frame rail extension if you would like to install it in your Fiero - same price

dave
daveheld

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2012 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daveheldClick Here to visit daveheld's HomePageSend a Private Message to daveheldDirect Link to This Post
Finally some pics of the car...

daveheld

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daveheldClick Here to visit daveheld's HomePageSend a Private Message to daveheldDirect Link to This Post
You asked for it... here's a bunch of recent pics.

I show the location of where the coilover is supposed to go. As I mentioned, there is a toe link in place of the coilover to hold the suspension in place.
Each toe tube is to be removed and replaced with a coilover. Hopefully this makes sense... Coilovers are expensive and I didn't want this car sitting idle with a pair of coilovers that could be used for a different assembly.

Anyway, I've had lots of inquiries - keep them coming - and they have asked for more pics...here they are.

dave at team321 dot com

daveheld

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daveheldClick Here to visit daveheld's HomePageSend a Private Message to daveheldDirect Link to This Post

daveheld

95 posts
Member since Nov 2010

more pics

daveheld

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daveheldClick Here to visit daveheld's HomePageSend a Private Message to daveheldDirect Link to This Post

daveheld

95 posts
Member since Nov 2010
the crazy wiring hanging around the rear is for the Fiero rear lights and a few engine accessories.

let me know if you have any questions

dave
PFF
System Bot
ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Direct Link to This Post
Control arms included?

[This message has been edited by ICouldaBeenAV8 (edited 11-11-2012).]

daveheld

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daveheldClick Here to visit daveheld's HomePageSend a Private Message to daveheldDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the rear control arms are included... the ENTIRE CAR is included - with the engine cradle installed - complete with the suspension pieces as you see it.

I'm asking $2000 on this site... on Tuesday I'm putting it on eBay starting at $3k

Let me know if anyone here is truly interested.

The reason I mentioned that I have a separate engine cradle (with control arms) is because I received so many emails asking - can I just buy an engine cradle without buying the entire car... I'm offering the option. I'd be happy selling the car - with the engine cradle installed and also selling an additional engine cradle.

I will also include the porsche transaxle shown...

dave
Cocoa Beach FL
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
if you do have another engine cradle, and its for sale seperate, what are you selling it for? I'd be interested in just the cradle, because I want to put this on an 88 and I just don't have room in the driveway for another non-running Fiero. My HOA is already pissed at me for the one I have.

I'd be able to put the cradle in the garage.

Thanks for any information.

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, LS376 and a GT clip
88 GT, SIII 3800NA/Auto swap underway
LS Build Thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083204.html
LS on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH9yjw6XR0
3800 build thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089035.html

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Hi Dave,

This looks really cool. Are you still building those rear custom cradles? Would you be willing to talk about them a bit in my Suspension redesign thread?
Redesign a Fiero suspension for better geometry (Solidworks, ProEngineer, etc)

I was always fascinated by your cradle. A similar setup would work well with a Subaru Boxer engine, or the longitudinal Audi V8 engine.

Originally posted by engine man:

It's in

Max
daveheld

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daveheldClick Here to visit daveheld's HomePageSend a Private Message to daveheldDirect Link to This Post
Of course, I list the engine cradles and get asked if I have any cars available for sale with the engine cradle installed... and here I list the car and get asked about just an engine cradle - no car... here's the ebay links for two different engine cradles over on ebay...

CLICK FOR THE EBAY ADs

and

another engine cradle

dave
Cocoa Beach FL
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Direct Link to This Post
Man that cradle is sexy, not a fan of the stretch but you gotta do, what you gotta do I suppose... Beautiful set up specially the coil overs.

------------------
86 Fiero GTX project now tearing up the street, My build thread! 3800sc, interior, wheels, suspension and more! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
Bump for dave because hes a nice guy and was willing to work with me... sorry it didnt work out.... (damn wife....damn military......damn...)
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
I feel your pain. I have wanted one of these for the last 10 years. In my mind I have built my dream car a million times. I hate to pass this up. This is one of those "I can't believe I let it get away" type of deals. But its just out of reach. If I hadn't just spend 2K on my 88GT/3800 project, I'd be all over this.

Damn, damn, damn........

Rob
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Dave, I'd love the whole car if you weren't all the way in Florida.
daveheld

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daveheldClick Here to visit daveheld's HomePageSend a Private Message to daveheldDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the weekend

dave
PFF
System Bot
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
bump someone buy this! before I do an my wife leaves me haha
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2012 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Dave, did you get a chance to write about the suspension setup in my suspension thread?
Redesign a Fiero suspension for better geometry (Solidworks, ProEngineer, etc)

This may help you sell the cradle
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
bump to the top, I would love to buy this but someone else needs to beat me to it or my wife will beat me hahaha
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2013 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
bump to the top
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
bump to the top again Man I want to buy this!
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
bump bump any chance you'd trade for a 69 olds delta 88 455 big block ? haa
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
do you still have this?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock