Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FOYRacing F23 Mounts now for sale (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
FOYRacing F23 Mounts now for sale by FriendOfYours
Started on: 07-12-2012 04:10 PM
Replies: 88
Last post by: FIEROFLYER on 12-17-2012 07:27 PM
FriendOfYours

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2012 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
There is a 1 week turn around as of right now

Introductory pricing is as follows:

$275 shipped for the two brackets with motor mounts
$110 for cable adapters $122 shipped Priority to US
$40 for the HTOB adapter NEED CORE
$390 shipped for the whole package

Cables from your Isuzu or Getrag can be used! We sell two different adapter kits

Kit fits both 84-87 and 88

As always, all parts come powdercoated in gloss black. If you want another color, just ask. No extra charge

Only modifications needed are 2 holes drilled in the cradle. 1 for the front mount and 1 for the rear

Need any swap parts? We've got those too! Buy everything now and save

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/060847.html

Feel free to call us at:

(203) 433-2835

Our hours of operation are 9AM-6PM PST Monday - Friday

Ran out of bolts

Video of the shifter ( Click it! )

[This message has been edited by FriendOfYours (edited 08-18-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ryanstalin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanstalinSend a Private Message to RyanstalinDirect Link to This Post
i will be on that list for the mounts, for 3800 and f23. plus dogbone. also want to see the pictures of mounts, and installed mounts. this is for 84-87, not for 88's only? I know theres a couple of methods avilable for the gear and selector cables, whats yours? just incase I go that route.
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Will the trans mounts fit on an 88 stock cradle?
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2012 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Yessir

We will have complete details with pictures shortly for both the mounts and cables
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Thanks

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 07-12-2012).]

bcampbell

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bcampbellSend a Private Message to bcampbellDirect Link to This Post
What cables are used with these brackets?
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
I'm interested, but will wait for pics until making a decision. -Jason
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
Interested in 3800 setup
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post
For anyone considering an F23, I am VERY happy with the strength and performance of this transmission with a 3800 SC. I have started beating on it, and it can take the abuse very well. The fifth gear idles a little high for my liking (I have the Cavalier gear ratios, not the Cobalt), but overall it is a much better feel than the original Getrag, and it just "feels" stronger

fieroall

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallDirect Link to This Post
Is their a write-up on how to install this tranny into a Fiero? Also a parts list would be great.

BTW also waiting for picks. Very interested.

[This message has been edited by fieroall (edited 07-13-2012).]

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
just a heads up, I bought some mounts and brackets from FriendOfYours. I have not installed them yet as I'm not that far into my swap at the moment however I've seen a lot of custom parts over the years and the parts I received from him look to be top notch quality. Great craftsmanship and a great person to deal with. I will do business with him again as I will need some more of his adapters as I progress with the Fiero.

------------------

AKA. FieroAlex
Not related in any way to the FieroMontreal club

PFF
System Bot
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-13-2012 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

just a heads up, I bought some mounts and brackets from FriendOfYours. I have not installed them yet as I'm not that far into my swap at the moment however I've seen a lot of custom parts over the years and the parts I received from him look to be top notch quality. Great craftsmanship and a great person to deal with. I will do business with him again as I will need some more of his adapters as I progress with the Fiero.

Thank you! Your kind words are very appreciated

It is taking longer than planned to get the shift adaptions built. But, we are going to be selling two versions. One that will accommodate stock getrag cables and another for isuzu. No need to buy new cables!

All parts come powder coated black but other colors can be done for no extra charge

These mounts were designed to equally load all bolts and provide more strength than you could ever need

This was a severely damaged cradle so don't mind the welded plate. The mounts provided will fit the factory holes

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

There are 4 bolts on the rear mount and 5 on the front

[This message has been edited by FriendOfYours (edited 07-13-2012).]

Ryanstalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanstalinSend a Private Message to RyanstalinDirect Link to This Post
I couldnt see how the last mount tied in with the cradle. but they do look thick edit.. this looks like an 88 cradle. that wont work for 84-87.. the cradles are different.

[This message has been edited by Ryanstalin (edited 07-13-2012).]

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-13-2012 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
The front doesn't have a motor mount attached yet

The differences in the cradle are at the engine side. This will fit all years
Ryanstalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2012 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanstalinSend a Private Message to RyanstalinDirect Link to This Post
oh alright. lets see what my next check looks like. then i'll be making my order
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2012 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
How thick is the steel stock used for the brackets? They appear to be about 1/4 inch. Anyhow it would be sweet if you can get away with stock getrag cables with your shift and select brackets.
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2012 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
The angle is 1/4 and the flat bar is 3/8. I'll be using my day off today to finish the cable brackets
Ryanstalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2012 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanstalinSend a Private Message to RyanstalinDirect Link to This Post
i may be insterested in the shifting bracket as well, i do have a bracket that will work, if i modify the select arm on the transmission, however i really want to know with yours how would you modify, do we need to pull the arms off the transmission? and whats different between the isuzu five speed, and getrag (cable wise) i thought they are the same, but you may be talking about the 4-speed isuzu. which i have the 5-speed isuzu. but i have this pretty f23 that just cant wait to drop in. i dont mind if we do have to pull the arms off the transmission and swing them around 180* for it to work. but i want to know what your plan is. because i already paid 50 for the bracket i have now. but if yours is cleaner i'd buy that instead.
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2012 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ryanstalin:

i may be insterested in the shifting bracket as well, i do have a bracket that will work, if i modify the select arm on the transmission, however i really want to know with yours how would you modify, do we need to pull the arms off the transmission? and whats different between the isuzu five speed, and getrag (cable wise) i thought they are the same, but you may be talking about the 4-speed isuzu. which i have the 5-speed isuzu. but i have this pretty f23 that just cant wait to drop in. i dont mind if we do have to pull the arms off the transmission and swing them around 180* for it to work. but i want to know what your plan is. because i already paid 50 for the bracket i have now. but if yours is cleaner i'd buy that instead.

You will have to pull the select arm off to replace with the one we send you. Very simple. Little clip on the bottom and it slides right off

The getrag and isuzu cables are very different, as well as the 4 speed muncie

and on an '87 cradle just for you

Video of the shifter

spartan_chaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spartan_chazSend a Private Message to spartan_chazDirect Link to This Post
sorry if this is a little off topic but, i have the 4spd muncie trans and im doing a 3800SC swap. im leaving my engine stock so my muncie should hold for a bit and i want to do an F23 swap later to feel better about adding power to it. I assume i have to get cables from a 5spd but do i also have to get a 5spd shifter assembly in able to use the 5spd trans?
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spartan_chaz:

do i also have to get a 5spd shifter assembly in able to use the 5spd trans?

Yes.
PFF
System Bot
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2012 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
What he said.

We do have a few spare shifters if you need one
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
When will the shift setup ( getrag and Isuzu) be available? Also do you have pics of the Isuzu shift setup?

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 07-16-2012).]

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2012 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
They are available right now. Isuzu and the getrag are almost identical but with different hold downs due to length , angle and the crimps around the transmission ends.
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Thanks could you post a few pic of the isuzu cable setup mounted? I am trying to figure out what one ( isuzu or getrag ) would work best for my setup
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2012 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Sure. I already pulled everything out so it won't be until tmrw
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I must say, that is an...interesting shift linkage setup. Not something I would do, but unique for sure.

But like cam-a-lot said, I really do enjoy my F23 setup. Very solid and well built transmission. Makes the Isuzu look like a wind-up toy.
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2012 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Would you like to share your reasoning with the rest of the class?

No slop, no extra effort and shorter cables for smoother shifts

I've only been building racecars for 30 years so I may be wrong
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Nothing bad meant, it obviously works, as shown. Nothing wrong with your design, but to me it seems that all the welds and links and pivots makes it seem a tad... fragile? Personally, I would take a longer cable (and yes, slightly higher shift effort, but nothing noticeable when you are actually driving it) and one simple cable attachment bracket over a complex linkage that uses an OEM shift cable. Of course if a customer already has good OEM cables, let alone new ones, then I could see the reasoning in going that route.

Edit: 30 years eh? You still using carbs and points?

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 07-16-2012).]

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-17-2012 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Building for a consistent thirty years and advancing with the industry. I wouldn't be able to keep my master tech ase cert otherwise

That's 1/4" mild steel welded by a WABO certified structural welder. Nothing fragile about it

This shifts with one finger

[This message has been edited by FriendOfYours (edited 07-17-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
I like the design, it is obviously very robust for the intended purpose. Although I am more than capable of building my own shift mechanism I think this will save me some time as I plan on using one for my daily driver 3.4 DOHC as well as using one for my N* swap. I also like the idea of using stock unmodified cables.
Ryanstalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanstalinSend a Private Message to RyanstalinDirect Link to This Post
i can see where that will work then. i did notice the absense of the weight for the selector. I actually thought you needed that for the smooth shift. but since i seen the video Im confident, with mattwa's setup all you have to do is add an extension on the position piece. the only problem i have with that is the length. im only trying to provide my opinion. Im still interested, tho its more complicated built. and its not as pretty, but if its strong, and it works. I want it. the mounts although not pretty look very thick and the welds look very good. i am going to be on the train soon for these parts. what about an adapter for the clutch hydraulics? if you got that i will try to get all three. plus the motor mount and dogbone. it wont be til aug second, so dont run out.
this-

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
whats i was trying to get at, is that looks alot cleaner, and with your skills, you would lose less money and parts. I would however pay the same price, just for that little piece already modified to go in, I do have the bracket. but then again, Im not sure if this would fit the same for getrag, isuzu 5/4 speed cables. so your way may actually be the only interchangable one.

[This message has been edited by Ryanstalin (edited 07-17-2012).]

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Yep. That's the design I used pretty much.
(mine)

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 07-17-2012).]

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-17-2012 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ryanstalin:

i can see where that will work then. i did notice the absense of the weight for the selector. I actually thought you needed that for the smooth shift. but since i seen the video Im confident, with mattwa's setup all you have to do is add an extension on the position piece. the only problem i have with that is the length. im only trying to provide my opinion. Im still interested, tho its more complicated built. and its not as pretty, but if its strong, and it works. I want it. the mounts although not pretty look very thick and the welds look very good. i am going to be on the train soon for these parts. what about an adapter for the clutch hydraulics? if you got that i will try to get all three. plus the motor mount and dogbone. it wont be til aug second, so dont run out.

whats i was trying to get at, is that looks alot cleaner, and with your skills, you would lose less money and parts. I would however pay the same price, just for that little piece already modified to go in, I do have the bracket. but then again, Im not sure if this would fit the same for getrag, isuzu 5/4 speed cables. so your way may actually be the only interchangable one.

Nothing was removed from the shift linkage aside from the unused ball mount on the select arm

It will look factory when powder coated. Understand right now that is just bare metal and welds that have not been ground or anything. All the pieces were not cut on our cnc, they were plasma cut by hand so we could just get it together and have a working prototype

The cable they use costs $120 and is significantly longer. I guarantee you that it requires a good amount more effort than our solution. You can shift with just your index finger using our bracket

And your Isuzu cables will not work with the other way

We will have a HTOB adapter here soon

[This message has been edited by FriendOfYours (edited 07-17-2012).]

Ryanstalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanstalinSend a Private Message to RyanstalinDirect Link to This Post
well then hats off to you. I do want to keep my stock cable, not a custom length, just incase it breaks later down the road, my stock cable will be cheaper to replace then a custom one. I do like your setup, I watched the video, and did notice how easy it did shift. so you got my vote. I'll end up putting all of your parts under the test in my 3800sc/f23 setup. I plan on driving it a little rough on some track days. edit: I really do appreciate what Yall are doing for the fiero community. I hope my posts dont seem negative in any way, It looks like alot of work you guys are going through trying to make these setups work with the many different combinations of fiero swaps. I cant wait to buy, and use these parts everyday. And I hope that your shop gets its rewards as well.

Ryanstalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanstalinSend a Private Message to RyanstalinDirect Link to This Post

Ryanstalin

300 posts
Member since Jan 2012
(double post)

bcampbell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2012 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bcampbellSend a Private Message to bcampbellDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in one of these setups but not until the fall. What clutch do you guys recommend for a maximum of 300hp? I've been considering a sprung 6-puck but are there any other options that aren't too expensive?
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-18-2012 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
XTD and XTR from Ebay

We routinely use them in our Fieros and DSMs and have all held up well
bcampbell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2012 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bcampbellSend a Private Message to bcampbellDirect Link to This Post
Is it best to get a clutch set for the 00-02 Cavalier 2.2 or for the Fiero 2.8 5-speed?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock