Started on: 07-04-2012 11:57 AM
Replies: 135
Last post by: Danyel on 08-29-2013 10:52 AM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
I have 10 kits of DIY LED markers ... these will take you only one hour's work to update your fiero markers. Why pay hundreds when you can do it for less than half that price !!! The price is 55$ USD shipped to you which includes parcel tracking number and assembly video. The LED strops comes assembled with T-10 fiero plugs (soldered as per below pic)

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 07-24-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2012 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Several of us here in the Inland Northwest are running these kits from Danyel. I personally would reccomend them.

Tony
imabuzzkill

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for imabuzzkillSend a Private Message to imabuzzkillDirect Link to This Post
Do these alter the factory parts? Can you switch back to stock?

Thanks
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Several of us here in the Inland Northwest are running these kits from Danyel. I personally would reccomend them.

Tony

+1 mine were a huge improvement in both looks and performance

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by imabuzzkill:

Do these alter the factory parts? Can you switch back to stock?

Thanks

These do involve using a hair dryer to open up the back .... but YES you can revert back easily to OEM because no modifications to the marker is necessary ... just need to open them with a little heat in the back ....

Thanks for your interest
Danyel

Seperating the back

Installing the DIY kit

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 07-04-2012).]

GraterFang

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any more detailed pictures of the installed LED markers? For example, would you one that shows how the LED's are spaced out on the marker? How about a night shot?

Also, how well do the original 25 year old markers come apart? Have you ever have any problems with them breaking? I believe that the ones you used to sell were from the FieroStore so I wasn't sure if the original ones were more brittle and prone to breaking or not.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GraterFang:
Do you have any more detailed pictures of the installed LED ? For example, would you one that shows how the LED's are spaced out on the marker? How about a night shot?
Also, how well do the original 25 year old markers come apart? Have you ever have any problems with them breaking? I believe that the ones you used to sell were from the FieroStore so I wasn't sure if the original ones were more brittle and prone to breaking or not.

I do agree with you that 25 year old markers can be a little more brittle .... the reason you must heat them up with a hair drier (NOT A HEAT GUN) for 5 to 8 minutes will help GREATLY to pry the two pieces apart. Gently is the key ... I have done many upgrades with weathered markers ... if you take your time all should be fine.

There are 9 LEDs per strip.... I did tests with more... just looks funny if too many....

Here are more videos and pics from my satisfied customers..

Front

Rear

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a set. Shoot me some paypal details

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1997 BMW 328 1984 Porsche 944

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Put me down for a set. Shoot me some paypal details

PM sent
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2012 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Hello all,

I would like to let you know of an alternative method to do old, weathered markers. Fieroking and I came up with this, and this method helps to ease the mind of destroying your OG markers in the process. Brittle plastic scares me.

1. Use a clean workspace.
2. With a Dremel, carefully cut just inside of the plasctic backing, making sure not to hit the lense. If you do one side, and NOT the socket, you can slip the LED into the marker easily. (This does require removal of the T-10 plugs, and resoldering them after.)
3. After the removal of the plastic backing, clean the rough edges with a small file.
4. Slip the LED into the marker through the cut opening, and run the wiring up through the socket. There is a sticky 3M backing on the LEDs, but they go in smoothly. Be sure to press the 3M tape down with a small screwdriver, or alternative tool. Also check for positioning before the next step.
5. Resolder the T-10 plug onto the wires.
6. To put the cut backing back on, use Plasti-Weld (found at any parts store for around $5) to reattach the back. This is permanant, and will seal out moisture. Be careful to really seal the marker.
7. Install new LED markers, and enjoy!

This is the method that we are currently using. We found it to be a bit less stressful. Hopefully this helps, and will help you decide on the purchase of this really great mod. This is a dangerous modification though. You will find yourself looking into mirrored windows of store fronts when you are driving to see just how cool this is.

I am probably missing something here, but I will check back to answer any questions.

Tony

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Holy Quakamoly ... GOOD method ... Why didnt I think of that ??? Thanks Tony. I'm gonna try that method on my next set!!!! its gonna make it less stressfull ..
+ for you THX again

take care my american friend !!!
Danyel
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2012 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Give me a night or two, and I plan on posting some pics of the "how to" on this method. Dogcreek needs to hand me his markers, and I will take pics.

Tony
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2012 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Give me a night or two, and I plan on posting some pics of the "how to" on this method. Dogcreek needs to hand me his markers, and I will take pics.

Tony

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2012 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
As promised...

There is a bit of "figure it out yourself" in the pics and explanation, but you should get the jist of it.

A dremel tool with a tiny diamond blade works best. Make your initial cut just inside of where the socket is. A good thing to do when making your cuts is to make light, even cuts during several passes of the blade. The first cut marks a guide for the next ones. It just comes out cleaner.

In this pic, you can see that the tool is at an angle. This comes in handy later.

Anywhere in this circle is really ok.

A slight amount of file work, and this is where you should be.

Here, you can see the LED placed into the marker. Obviously, you will have taken off the 3M tape on the LED that is inside. Using a small needle nose, fish the wires into the socket. Then solder on the T-10 plug. I like to use Liquid Tape after to keep everything from moving. This stuff is GREAT for things like this.

A little Plasti Weld from the parts store. Here, the beveled cut lets you just place the cut piece back onto the back of the marker. Then, with the epoxy, fill in the cut line, being careful not to let it get into the lens.

This is how I use the Plasti Weld on the setup. Obviously, DO NOT connect the T-10 socket onto the wires until it is through the socket hole.

Fieroking and I sat there for a moment, and after destroying 3 already broken test subjects, the is what we deduced. A little refinement on this, and now the process is not so bad. Hopefully this helps.

Tony
Joe86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe86Send a Private Message to Joe86Direct Link to This Post
I would like a set. Please send Paypal info.

Edit to add: payment sent

[This message has been edited by Joe86 (edited 07-17-2012).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joe86:

Paypal sent ... thank you

Danyel
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joe86:
Edit to add: payment sent

Please PM me your adress your Paypal payment did not have it THX

Danyel
asealy007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for asealy007Send a Private Message to asealy007Direct Link to This Post
PM Sent
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by asealy007:

PM Sent

All PMs replied ...... Thank you !!!
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2012 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
Does the Hazzard lights work with this set-up? Doesn't the OEM light buld have to filaments one for flasher / marker and one for Hazzard lights?
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2012 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NightMare Cruiser:

Does the Hazzard lights work with this set-up? Doesn't the OEM light buld have to filaments one for flasher / marker and one for Hazzard lights?

All flashers work that is why there are rectifiers on the front markers. the rear markers dont neeed rectifiers because they dont blink.
Emergency work too
thanks
Danyel
PFF
System Bot
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2012 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
opps missed that sorry
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
All PM's replied
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
I just installed a set and these are frickin' AWESOME looking.
I took some pics of my install, I will have to wait untill night to get good light up pics, they are bright during the day but my camera has a hard time in bright sunlight.

I did the dremel way of installing them.

I placed a dot with a pen where the center LED is so I could line it up with the middle of the hole.

I placed a dot of super glue the back of the LED strip where it comes in contact of the cut out piece. To make sure it would hold it all straight.
Then I used "Ultra Black, gasket maker" to glue the cut out piece back on, I close the ultra black as it was thick and wouldn't drip into the lens, gave a good water tight seal, and would block the light on the back (I don't know if that is even an issue) Then let them dry overnight.
And I used heat shrink tubeing to seal the wires after I resoldered them, liquid tape would be great too but I used what I had.
When you install the strip you can look through the lens to make sure it is all straight, just turn the lens from side to side to see each side.

Again these look awesome, I can't wait untill night.

Thanks again
------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
^^^^ Now in the Construction Zone^^^^
Las Vegas Fiero Club Parts/Sales/Service/Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 07-25-2012).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Dave
Thanks for the install pics ..... feedback given and thank you for holding on to my scoops.
Danyel

All PMs replied
benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantDirect Link to This Post
Danyel,

You have a PM.

------------------
--
Ben // '87 GT

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by benoitmalenfant:

Danyel,

You have a PM.

PM replied Thank you
jpeeler

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jpeelerSend a Private Message to jpeelerDirect Link to This Post
Finally got mine and my girlfriends car done. Kits work great. Thanks again!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jpeeler:

Finally got mine and my girlfriends car done. Kits work great. Thanks again!

Dont forget to post pics here THX
asealy007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for asealy007Send a Private Message to asealy007Direct Link to This Post
Received my set and they look awesome!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by asealy007:

Received my set and they look awesome!

EXCELLENT !!! remember post pics .... also positive Feedback and rating given to you both THX
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
Here are some night pics, bad pics, but pics none the less.
Pics just don't do it justice on how good they look.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Lookin sharp !!! Thanks for the pics Dave !!!

All PMs replied ..... 4 kits packed and ready to be shipped .... 99 kits still available
Thanks to all...

Danyel

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2012 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
sardonyx247... Pretty painless with that method, eh?

I keep forgetting to grab some distance night shots. I will admit, I often check out my car in the store windows as I drive on by. Now though, I do it even more at night with the LEDs.

Great product my Canadian amigo.

Tony

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

sardonyx247... Pretty painless with that method, eh?

I keep forgetting to grab some distance night shots. I will admit, I often check out my car in the store windows as I drive on by. Now though, I do it even more at night with the LEDs.

Great product my Canadian amigo.

Tony

Oh yeah it was easy, it took me longer to figure out that my old lights would crack if I tried to pull them apart. The dremel way is the way to go. I even added to it with the dot for alignment. Easy to do and I show them off to everyone who comes by the Fiero club/yard.
I have a second set I would allready have installed on my quad 4 swap, but I don't know what rear end I will use yet, (round or square molding)

Canadian amigo.?.? is that not a contradiction in terms? IE terms from the opposit sides of my country,.....eh

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 07-29-2012).]

benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantDirect Link to This Post
Paypal payment sent.

------------------
--
Ben
87 GT
84 Indy #1863

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
All PMs replied ... thank you to all
Danyel
michhiker28

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Direct Link to This Post
Kathryn's car has a set as well! Can't recommend it highly enough.

-MH
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by michhiker28:
Kathryn's car has a set as well! Can't recommend it highly enough.
-MH

Hi
Dont forget to post pics installed ... hope Kathryn enjoyed her surprise

take care
Danyel

********** ALL PMs REPLIED Thank you !!!! ************************
michhiker28

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Direct Link to This Post
She LOVED it Danyel, and we are getting to the point where they are about ready to be installed. We'll be sure to post those photos of her doing the work in her build thread believe me!

-MH
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock