Parting out 1987 base Fiero by Bstrickler934
Started on: 04-23-2012 04:08 PM
Replies: 72
Last post by: KSKENE on 08-05-2012 01:44 PM
Bstrickler934

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post
Update: All parts are $50 or less! Combine and save![/size]

When paying, please write down what you are paying for in the comments box. It will make the shipping process much easier.

I do not want to risk forgetting what I have and haven't shipped, so when you send payment, PLEASE include what you are sending the payment for, in the PayPal comments box (i.e. "Payment for door glass, interior panels, and instrument panel"). I should have said this before, but I didn't think about it.

If you have not received your item within a week after sending payment, please let me know. PM me your paypal address, so I can cross reference, and confirm whether or not I received the payment. If it is discovered I forgot your shipment, I will refund part of the purchase price, due to it being my fault.

[size=3]

Well, I just took the head off my '87, and to my dismay, the head is cracked. The only head I have is from an '84 or '85, and I don't feel like messing with all the stuff to get the '87 running, when I still have to get my '84 running.

So, here's the parts NOT for sale
Cradle/transmission (need the car to be a rolling chassis right now.)
Wheels
Control arms/suspension

Parts that are missing/broken:
headlight system (put those in my '84)
head (obviously)
Third brake light
Sail panels

Parts for sale:
1st gen headlight system (wiring harness, relays, headlight assemblies, the whole setup. You just need to supply new gears, and a new left motor. The drivers side motor housing is cracked in like 8 places.) $50 for everything + shipping
Headlight relays for 1st gen system (isolation relay, and headlight relays) $35 shipped for all 3.
Interior (make offers on what you want. I just want it gone now)
***SOLD*** Speakers (they're Alpines) $60 for all 4
I have two extra instrument clusters, and a tan surround, as well.
Everything that attaches to the '87 head (valve cover, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, TBI mount, etc)
Doors
All body panels
Drivers door skin (minus trim) from a silver '85 (mediocre paintjob. Paint is pulling away from where the trim is). $20+shipping (passengers skin is destroyed from the accident)

I also have a '91 Firebird that I'm parting out (make offers, as long as you pay shipping), so if you need anything from that, let me know, and I'll notify you whether or not I have the parts you want, and if it's damaged (most of the interior is gutted, the frame is toast, but the drivetrain is still good, and the front end of the engine is gone. My brother transferred it to my '84 T/A that's currently in his possession)

I will ship large items once a week (Sometime between Saturday and Monday), because of my work schedule. It will depend on how many people are buying things. Smaller things will generally be shipped within 2 days. I will let you know if there is a reason why I cannot ship in that time frame.

Post on this thread with what you're interested in, so others don't risk losing out on another purchase. If you PM, and don't post on the thread with what you want, and someone posts on the thread, the part will go to the person who posted in the thread.

I will hold onto interior parts for people until that Saturday. If you do not pay, or contact by Saturday, it goes to the next person.

I will update when certain parts are sold, and also take photo's of the parts sold, so people have an easier time finding out if I have what they want.

http://s3.photobucket.com/a...trickler/87%20Fiero/

[This message has been edited by Bstrickler934 (edited 05-07-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post
Reserved for sale/shipping updates.

Speakers sold and shipped to JW3 (expect them 4/26) (arrived at destination 4/26)
4/26 update:
Temperature sensor shipped to John Miller

4/27 update:
Instrument cluster bezel, stereo bezel, and shifter bezel sold and shipped to MsFiero (expect it 4/30)
Spoiler from '84 decklid sold and shipped to rdesantis

[This message has been edited by Bstrickler934 (edited 04-27-2012).]

donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
We need a password to see the pics?
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post
Oops! Fixed!

If you have a specific part you want a photo of, just ask.

[This message has been edited by Bstrickler934 (edited 04-23-2012).]

jw3

Feedback score:    (44)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jw3Send a Private Message to jw3Direct Link to This Post
PM sent for speakers
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post
PM replied for speakers
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post
Have a factory rear bumper PONTIAC emblem? Shipping would be 04064.

Shoot me a pm when you get a sec pls?

TY
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Have a factory rear bumper PONTIAC emblem? Shipping would be 04064.

Shoot me a pm when you get a sec pls?

TY

Unfortunately, that was gone when I got the car. All that's left is the little bit of adhesive where it was.
John Miller

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John MillerSend a Private Message to John MillerDirect Link to This Post
Looking for the temp. sender on the head (2 prong)
Thanks, John
mrossum

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrossumSend a Private Message to mrossumDirect Link to This Post
i'd be interested in the complete engine as rebuildable core. do you get up to havasu often?
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
The bezel that fits into the spot were the optional trunk light would go. I have a base car that does not have the trunk light. I took the carpet out and wasnt careful and broke the bezel or what ever it is called. It is grey.

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe
PFF
System Bot
rdesantis

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rdesantisSend a Private Message to rdesantisDirect Link to This Post
Do you have the black spoiler/bar from the luggage rack.
PM Also Sent.

Thank You
Donster

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterDirect Link to This Post
Speaker covers from the B-Pillar shipped to 30519?

Thnx

\D
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrossum:

i'd be interested in the complete engine as rebuildable core. do you get up to havasu often?

Unfoftunately, I don't. I rarely even get out of Tucson (last time I was out was in January, to pick up the Fiero from Phoenix). I can look into what it takes to pull the engine, if you're serious, and understand that the engine was somewhat abused by its PO (he admitted to driving it hard, which is most likely what cracked the head). You will also need to supply your own head, as the one from it is cracked, as stated in the original post.

Originally posted by John Miller:

Looking for the temp. sender on the head (2 prong)
Thanks, John

I will check that out after I get some sleep (Just got off work). If I have it, how does cost of shipping sound (probably can get some bubble wrap or cardboard, and put it in a bubble mailer)?

Originally posted by solotwo:

The bezel that fits into the spot were the optional trunk light would go. I have a base car that does not have the trunk light. I took the carpet out and wasnt careful and broke the bezel or what ever it is called. It is grey.

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe

If I can get it out without damage, how's $5+shipping sound?

Originally posted by rdesantis:

Do you have the black spoiler/bar from the luggage rack.
PM Also Sent.

Thank You

PM replied

Originally posted by Donster:

Speaker covers from the B-Pillar shipped to 30519?

Thnx

\D

If I still have the drivers side (I can't remember off the top of my head), how's $10+shipping sound (probably can fit it into a medium flat rate without a problem)?
John Miller

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for John MillerSend a Private Message to John MillerDirect Link to This Post
Sounds great, let me know what shipping would be to 405 Monroe Street, Freemansburg, Pa 18017. Thanks, John
meatloafsandwich

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for meatloafsandwichSend a Private Message to meatloafsandwichDirect Link to This Post
hey there,
needing harmonic balancer (if 2.5) also needing all turn signal lights except the rear (if rounded moulding)

shipped to 30115

probably need more after i look

thanks
FieroG97J

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JDirect Link to This Post
How's the dash?
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyDirect Link to This Post
Are the seats/upholstrey available? If so, what condition is the drivers?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good to me.
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTony:

Are the seats/upholstrey available? If so, what condition is the drivers?

Drivers side is torn up, passengers side is good. See photo's in OP to see condition.

Originally posted by FieroG97J:

How's the dash?

Dash seems to be in great condition, save for the typical corners being mashed.

Originally posted by meatloafsandwich:

hey there,
needing harmonic balancer (if 2.5) also needing all turn signal lights except the rear (if rounded moulding)

shipped to 30115

probably need more after i look

thanks

Turn signals are round moulding. I can do $10 for all turn signals except tail lights (the right tail light is broken, left one is hazed all the way through, and has lots of small cracks)

Once I get a response from mrossum about the engine, I'll know if I can sell it to you. Should be able to do $10 or $15, depending on difficulty to remove.

So, if mrossum doesn't respond, or drops his interest in the engine, it'll either be $20 or $25+shipping for all turn signals, and if he's planning to buy the whole engine, it's $10+shipping for the turn signals. Do you want the 4 bar signals, or the 4 + the 2 in the nose?
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post

Bstrickler934

204 posts
Member since Feb 2012
If I manage to part this car out quickly, how much interest would there be in me picking up a Fiero from a junkyard (assuming the parts are useable, and not trashed), if I can find the database to search for junkyards again.

Edit:
Photo's of requested parts have been uploaded.

Donster, I was not able to find the drivers side speaker cover for the B-Pillar

FieroG97J,
The dash seems to be in almost perfect condition. I was only able to find 3 flaws in it. 2 dents, and 1 crack. Photo's show it here:
http://i3.photobucket.com/a...186.jpg?t=1335394045 (Driver side, hidden somewhat by instrument cluster). That was the best picture I could get.
http://i3.photobucket.com/a...195.jpg?t=1335393831 (Pass side)
http://i3.photobucket.com/a...189.jpg?t=1335393946 (Driver side)

meatloafsandwich,
Here's a pic of the turn signals
http://i3.photobucket.com/a...193.jpg?t=1335393928

FieroTony,
Here's the drivers seat:
http://i3.photobucket.com/a...194.jpg?t=1335393907

SoloTwo,
Here's the trunk light cover (it's solid plastic, and won't work if you have a trunk light)
http://i3.photobucket.com/a...207.jpg?t=1335394521

~Brian

[This message has been edited by Bstrickler934 (edited 04-25-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
meatloafsandwich

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for meatloafsandwichSend a Private Message to meatloafsandwichDirect Link to This Post
PM sent....thanks
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post
If you need other Fiero parts, I'll be stopping by the junkyard near my house on Saturday, and taking photo's/inventory of the Fiero's there. Sounds like there's an '85 (unsure of whats left), and an '88 with engine and cradle (will check if it's rusted or clean, and if V6 or 2.5, along with body panel condition). Will update when I have the chance.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post
A new head from a reputable source is only $180.

An afternoon of easy work and your car is back on the road.

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Yes you are correct. And seeing as I have a base car that doesnt have a trunk light, it will work! So how do you want to do this?
DANH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DANHSend a Private Message to DANHDirect Link to This Post
How about a sway bar .

[This message has been edited by DANH (edited 04-26-2012).]

jw3

Feedback score:    (44)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jw3Send a Private Message to jw3Direct Link to This Post
I received my parts today. Thanks for a good deal and fast shipping.
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

A new head from a reputable source is only $180.

An afternoon of easy work and your car is back on the road.

I did some more looking yesterday, and one of the coolant lines is totally blocked. I couldn't even use a drill bit to pierce through the gunk (it's totally blocked at a bend). Even with a new head, the coolant line problem would kill the engine fast. Makes me wonder what else is wrong with the car.

Yes you are correct. And seeing as I have a base car that doesnt have a trunk light, it will work! So how do you want to do this?

How's $5+shipping sound?

Originally posted by DANH:

How about a sway bar .

Should be doable. Front or rear?
$30+shipping if it's in good condition? Do you need the brackets/bolts, too?

Originally posted by jw3:

I received my parts today. Thanks for a good deal and fast shipping.

You're welcome

I'll leave feedback in a bit, I'm a little busy right now. Just wanted to get back to everyone.

[This message has been edited by Bstrickler934 (edited 04-28-2012).]

jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Direct Link to This Post
how is the trunk popper under the dash. cable and latch under the hood look? shipped to 15501 plus any of those torx screws ya have handy need like half a dozen ish..... stupid college kids

------------------
"Speed costs money. How fast do you wanna go?"

Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaredmurray88:

how is the trunk popper under the dash. cable and latch under the hood look? shipped to 15501 plus any of those torx screws ya have handy need like half a dozen ish..... stupid college kids

Hood popper is nice and smooth (I assume that's what you meant, since the trunk popper option for the Fiero was electronic). Which Torx screws do you need? I can pick some up from the hardware store for you, if you want. It's just down the road.

I'll work on pulling it tomorrow. I have several other parts I have to work on taking care of right now.

[This message has been edited by Bstrickler934 (edited 04-27-2012).]

Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroG97J:

How's the dash?

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe

Originally posted by DANH:

How about a sway bar .

PM's sent! Depending on when I get a reply from you guys, I may be able to ship the stuff out today.
PFF
System Bot
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post
Bump.

Anyone need anything? I have 2 extra speedometers, light grey interior from an '84 (the dash is trashed, so that's no good. The pocket is still good, though). $150+shipping takes all the cosmetic stuff, except the radio bezel!

Name any interior stuff you need, and a price you're willing to pay (before shipping)! All offers will be considered. I have tan, and light grey interior. I will let you know if I have it.

$10/instrument cluster surround (2 tan, and one grey or black, will check tomorrow)
$15/instrument cluster (85k, 78k, and the one from the gold Fiero)

$20 per combo ($15 for the one without the switch panels)

Light grey door panel, a few minor cracks, $20+shipping each, or $30 for the pair. Same price for the gold.

Good door glass (no scratches) $50/window, or $80 combined, plus shipping

Gold dash $50+shipping (only damage is whats seen in the pictures, so I think that's a fair price)

Steering wheel $10+shipping.

Steering column $20+shipping

Tan seats $75+shipping for the pair.

If you combine stuff, I will lower the price per item!
Stainless1911

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stainless1911Send a Private Message to Stainless1911Direct Link to This Post
Do you have a Tach? I have the 2.5 4 banger.
jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Direct Link to This Post
did you ever get the front popper off i just need black piece under dash i found a latch and cable in garage
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stainless1911:

Do you have a Tach? I have the 2.5 4 banger.

I can part out a tach for $5+ shipping. Give me a few days to do so (I'll have to do it during my lunch break at work)

Do you need one with an oil pressure sensor, or one with a volt meter? I think I have one of each.

I spaced about about that, sorry. I've been busy this weekend. Will pull the lever in the morning. Can you do $10 shipped ($5 for the part, $5 for shipping) If you can send paypal and shipping address to bstrickler@gmail.com before tomorrow afternoon, I can get it shipped tomorrow.
interceptor429

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for interceptor429Send a Private Message to interceptor429Direct Link to This Post
do you have a auto radiator?....and price .

Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by interceptor429:

do you have a auto radiator?....and price .

I do. $20+ shipping?

Do you need the fan, or no?
Doober

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberDirect Link to This Post
Could you get a couple pictures of the headliner/visors?
Bstrickler934

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bstrickler934Send a Private Message to Bstrickler934Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doober:

Could you get a couple pictures of the headliner/visors?

Headliner needs to be reglued, and the visors either need new screws, or are broken, I cant remember which. I have grey visors from the '85, so you can transplant the supports from those to the gold ones if the gild ones are broken. Either way, I'll get pics when I get home.
Doober

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock