Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: More Gentex Self Dimming mirrors: a few with compass AND TEMP (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: More Gentex Self Dimming mirrors: a few with compass AND TEMP by Mike OHIO
Started on: 04-16-2012 09:19 PM
Replies: 82
Last post by: Mike OHIO on 06-23-2012 08:35 AM
Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
***Willing to trade for clean vintage vinyl records!!

If you would like a self dimming only (no temp or compass) let me know. I get those on an individual basis.

The are used factory GM Gentex self dimming rear view mirrors. Factory harness and temp sensor if the mirror has temp function. All prices include free shipping in the lower 48 US. These mirrors are easy to wire up: 12v switched power and a ground. Compass calibration and wiring instructions included as well. Below is what I have available:

a1) GM Self Dimming with COMPASS: I have 4 of these. $30 shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 US.

a2) sold

b) sold

c) sold

d) sold

e) sold

Thanks,
Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike OHIO (edited 06-25-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
85FieroGreg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85FieroGregSend a Private Message to 85FieroGregDirect Link to This Post
I will take one of your mirrors that you are asking 55 for.
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85FieroGreg:

I will take one of your mirrors that you are asking 55 for.

Thanks, Ill get it boxed up. I will PM you with paypal info.

Donster

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterDirect Link to This Post
I'd take the other one with compass and temp if it's still available.

Send me your PP info

Thnx

\D
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
Would you happen to have a complete harness for the gentex with temp, compass and auto-dim? I just need the harness. I can verify the pinout count when I get home tonight if needed.
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Donster:

I'd take the other one with compass and temp if it's still available.

Send me your PP info

Thnx

\D

Thanks...PM sent
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Mike OHIO

1089 posts
Member since Jul 2005

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Would you happen to have a complete harness for the gentex with temp, compass and auto-dim? I just need the harness. I can verify the pinout count when I get home tonight if needed.

I might have one hanging around. I'll PM you if I find one. It should be a 7 pin harness- let me know if otherwise.

Donster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterDirect Link to This Post
Payment and PM sent with shipping address.

Thnx

\D
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Payment and PM sent with shipping address.

Thnx

\D

Received. will PM tracking once I get it. Thanks again.

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

Nelson
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Next in line if you get any more temp/compass mirrors.

Thanks!

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

PFF
System Bot
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Next in line if you get any more temp/compass mirrors.

Thanks!

I will let you know if I get more in. They are not as common, and go very quick when I do get them.

I have updated the remaining units in the first post.

Regards,
Mike

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike OHIO:

I will let you know if I get more in. They are not as common, and go very quick when I do get them.

I have updated the remaining units in the first post.

Regards,
Mike

Thanks Mike!
If you happen across one with compass, temp and homelink, I'm all over it!
But just the compass and the temp will do nicely.
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2012 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
updated the first post with # remaining.

[This message has been edited by Mike OHIO (edited 04-21-2012).]

Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2012 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
Updated inventory in first post. added Home Link mirror and more compass/temp mirrors.

Regards,
Mike
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
bump
Donster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterDirect Link to This Post
Mirror received and installed - perfect

Thnx

\D
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Mirror received and installed - perfect

Thnx

\D

Thanks! Its a small upgrade, but really helps update the Fiero a tad.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Got mine yesterday. Haven't installed it yet.

Thanks!
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
updated quantities

[This message has been edited by Mike OHIO (edited 04-29-2012).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

PM sent.
PFF
System Bot
BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DDirect Link to This Post
can I see a pic of the rear of the mirror C? I want to see if it is the same plug as the one I have where the compass doesn't work.
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BOBBY D:

can I see a pic of the rear of the mirror C? I want to see if it is the same plug as the one I have where the compass doesn't work.

Its a 7 pin connector. 1-3 used for compass and self dim, 4-5 for outside dim mirrors, 6-7 used for temp (if equipped).
BOBBY D

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DDirect Link to This Post
looks perfect.

paypal info?
pcar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcarSend a Private Message to pcarDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

Eric
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
What is home link and how difficult is it to get the compass and the temp working with these. Looks like a must have for my mirror when I get some spare change....peace

Pete
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
I received mine last week and what can I say...it looks great and works perfect.

Thanks!
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BOBBY D:

looks perfect.

paypal info?

pm sent. Thanks!

Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Mike OHIO

1089 posts
Member since Jul 2005

Originally posted by pcar:

PM sent

Eric

PM replied
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Mike OHIO

1089 posts
Member since Jul 2005

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

What is home link and how difficult is it to get the compass and the temp working with these. Looks like a must have for my mirror when I get some spare change....peace

Pete

http://www.homelink.com/home/welcome

This link will explain what Homelink is- it comes factory in a lot of newer cars. It allows you to control your garage door, front gate, security system, etc. with the buttons on the mirror- doing away with garage door openers, etc. This homelink mirror will take some internet investigating on how to wire it up (power and ground)- I have not had a chance to look into it yet. I have a Homelink overhead console wired up in my roadmaster- its pretty simple if your a do it your selfer- and if you own a Fiero, you should be already

The Homelink mirror does not have compass or temp, just the self dim.

The compass mirrors require no additional wire besides the mirrors self dimming 12v switched power and ground wires. The temp function (if equipped) require running 2 wires from the mirror unit to where ever you decide to mount your temp sensor.
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Mike OHIO

1089 posts
Member since Jul 2005

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

I received mine last week and what can I say...it looks great and works perfect.

Thanks!

Thank you for the good words- theyre quite a cool little option to have that brings our older cars a little more up to date.
PFF
System Bot
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstDirect Link to This Post
Is mirror "D" still available for $25? How much is USPS shipping to Canada postal code R2N4B9
Can it be wired into the overhead courtesy light for the compass to work?
Thanks!

------------------
Now new owner of a Black TTop 88 Fiero GT and owner of a Silver 88 Fiero GT. Also a second time owner of an 85 Fiero GT. Bought my first fully loaded Red Fiero GT new in 1985. Fiero's are Fabulous, Fix'em and have Fun! Note, Avatar picture is Mr. Bean (not me, ha ha).

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

This homelink mirror will take some internet investigating on how to wire it up (power and ground)- I have not had a chance to look into it yet. I have a Homelink overhead console wired up in my roadmaster- its pretty simple if your a do it your selfer- and if you own a Fiero, you should be already

I installed a Homelink mirror with compass in my Challenger.
It adds an unswitched 12 volts to the mix, so that the Homelink section can stay "hot" with the key off.

I can get the pinouts if needed.
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by canfirst:

Is mirror "D" still available for $25? How much is USPS shipping to Canada postal code R2N4B9
Can it be wired into the overhead courtesy light for the compass to work?
Thanks!

25 + 10 will get it to Canada. The mirror will need to be wired to a 12v switched source or else it will stay on and may drain your battery. I run a wire under the front edge of the headliner, down the a pillar trim, and run it to the radio fuse on the fuse block.

Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2012 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
bump for the weekenders
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Got my mirror today. Looks awesome, can't wait to install it! Thanks! BTW, do you happen to know what this mirror came out of? Just curious.
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Got my mirror today. Looks awesome, can't wait to install it! Thanks! BTW, do you happen to know what this mirror came out of? Just curious.

yours came out of a Saturn Vue.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

yours came out of a Saturn Vue.

And here it is installed. Everything is wired up, I just have a new outside air temp sensor that is on the way.

Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2012 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

And here it is installed. Everything is wired up, I just have a new outside air temp sensor that is on the way.

Looks good! Now you just need to recover your headliner and visors....and get a haircut! haha just kidding. Thanks for putting up a finished product pic.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2012 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Here's mine.
I've been looking for something like this, at a reasonable price, for years.
(Please ignore the disaster that is my garage. I'm in the middle of at least two projects. If I clean up I won't be able to find anything.)

I should add that I had an issue that turned out to be a DFO problem (operator error on my part )
Mike was totally supportive and went out of his way to make sure that all was good.

If you're on the fence... buy one of these!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock