Started on: 09-01-2011 06:26 PM
Replies: 77
Last post by: CheshireGrin on 07-27-2012 03:13 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I have had loads of requests for coilovers so we will be making kits for sale soon we can do them as a kit or as a ready to install unit with what ever strut you would like.
let me know if you are intrested in them and I will get them going.
D.

84 - 88 coilover kit 280.00
84- 88 coilover with KYB struts 480.00
if you have the 88 rear cradle installed in to an early year they will be a little more.

PM me or post here if you are intrested.
thanks, Dean

we are also making parts for the 3800 SC swaps as well.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post
When my car needs a suspension rebuild this will be the first place i shop.

------------------
1987 Black GT Custom interior with Mr. Mikes seats
Newly acquired 1985 coupe with series one 3800SC 5speed Getrag as a donor to the Fri Fri (87GT)

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
My car needs a suspension rebuild... its totally shot.

Unfortunately, I bifurcated a cat last monday, so my daily needs a new undertray before this weekend. The aerodynamics are all kinds of screwed up without it. Anyone have a nose for an RX8?

Dean, you'll have some business soon enough.
fierogt27

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
I am interested in the parts as well, keep up the good work
Smeaudio

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SmeaudioSend a Private Message to SmeaudioDirect Link to This Post
i will be ordering soon enough
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
great! thanks guys.
we can take orders for them now. we can have them ready to ship out in under 2 weeks on the first orders and after that we will be stocking them here.
the only hold up will be springs beacuse no one ever orders the same rate.
but I will say this I have built several cars and the best rate I have found for them is 325 this works great and not so much of a harsh ride but it depends on what you wiish to use the car for.
softer for daily and stiffer for race.

we will stock the 325's but that is it because I use them all the time and I do not want a pile of springs that take forever to sell.
D.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
what about Koni's?

what springs do you use?

-thanks
fierogt27

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
I am interested in the parts as well, keep up the good work
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
What length springs?

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
I'm very interested and ready to purchase. I have an '87 notchie V6 Getrag but I'm working on a L67/Getrag notchie where the coilovers will eventually wind up. I want to use new Monroe Sensa-tracs and a lower spring rate for a comfortable ride. This car is also getting Rodney's 1 inch drop ball joints so I'll need the rear to be lowered as well.

I want the entire suspension to be set up correctly. Ride quality and handling characteristics are VERY subjective so I'm going to consentrate on measurements. I want to have about 1/4 suspension travel sag and I don't want to bottom out over larger (but normal) street bumps. The only way to attempt to achieve this is by trial and error. I intend to start with a softer spring but can I return them and trade for a stiffer pair if necessary?

Thanks,
Jonathan

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

but can I return them and trade for a stiffer pair if necessary?

As a business owner; your asking for something that effects his profit & quite possible his livelihood. Once there installed, he can no longer sell them to someone else as a new item. Not to mention he would then be liable if it should fail (not that it would) and maybe injure someone... Business owners have allot more responsibilities to consider then a private sale would have...

Just my .02
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

As a business owner; your asking for something that effects his profit & quite possible his livelihood. Once there installed, he can no longer sell them to someone else as a new item. Not to mention he would then be liable if it should fail (not that it would) and maybe injure someone... Business owners have allot more responsibilities to consider then a private sale would have...

Just my .02

A "re-stocking" fee would be better than being disappointed and stuck and better than having to buy an additional set of springs. Then again, he may know right off the top of his head exactly which spring rate and length will give me what I'm looking for.

Jonathan
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvDirect Link to This Post
I assume this is only for the rear suspension.
86FIFI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post
I am wanting coilovers for the rear right now. I already have the kyb struts. Does the kit require taking the spring perch off, and could you post some pics of the different kit setups? Or maybe a short how-to. I would like the 325# spring kit. I have the struts still in the box waiting for some coilovers, and a Fiero waiting for them to be put on.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
the spring that we have are 12" but we can do 10" they would take a few days more to get because I do not wish to stock them.
as far as testing and returning springs I can not do that all sales are final. springs are like electric parts once installed you own them even large supplyers do this.
if I remember the stock Fiero springs are in the 220 rannge depending on GT or nonGT.

we can do Koni's they just cost more. the Koni kits with new struts are 769.00

as far as the install of these kits yes you do need to remove the perch we can do this for you if you send me your struts as well as install the kit.
it would cost 65.00 for us to do it.

the coilover kits are for the rear strut.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 09-02-2011).]

86FIFI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post
Ok, if I send them to you, do I need to send anything else, or just the struts and top nut? Also could you post of a set you have already done?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86FIFI:

Ok, if I send them to you, do I need to send anything else, or just the struts and top nut? Also could you post of a set you have already done?

just the struts and top nuts are all we need and yes I will get some pics today and post them up for you.
I do have some pics of ones we have done in my shop thread as well already.
just give me a call.

770-841-8154
Dean
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:
as far as the install of these kits yes you do need to remove the perch we can do this for you if you send me your struts as well as install the kit.
it would cost 65.00 for us to do it.

the coilover kits are for the rear strut.

This is a great service and a good price for it... If any of you have cut your stock perches before with an angle grinder/ bench grinder/ AND dremel, you know what a PIA it is and it takes hours+ the risk of messing it up if you slip up and put the grinding/ cutting wheel into the strut tube. Monroes are the worst cause they have the most bracketry welded on.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2011 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I told you guys Dean is the man !

He will do some great stuff for our cars, if we back him up.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2011 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post
Springs available in the kit? How about the front any mods for it?

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 09-05-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Yes, rear not the front.

here is a picture of a set we did to give you an idea.
D.

PFF
System Bot
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

84 - 88 coilover kit 280.00
84- 88 coilover with KYB struts 480.00

Dean-

Just making sure I understand this right... if you pay 280, that gives you the kit to put over your own struts. If you pay the 480, that is the kit already assembled with the KYB struts included and installed?
Does that include springs too? Just trying to figure it out. Also, the spring color you showed was gold, would there be other color options. if springs included? If no springs included, maybe you could make them part of a package deal? (Like 1" drops and factory available..)

Maybe include little tidbits in your listing like (just to clear up confusion for people like me)

Coilover kit: $280 Kit includes coilover and spring, no struts
KYB Coilover Kit: $480 Kit includes coilover, springs and 2 KYB rear struts

Color options include: blahblahblah

Very interested in this.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 09-05-2011).]

ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Direct Link to This Post
I'm interested too, my rear suspension is in need of refreshment...
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2011 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
What you see in the pic. is what you get with the KYB setup.
as far as the kit is is everything except the struts.

the springs we use come in gold but we can also get blue ones. you can paint them any color you want.

the kits include the top hats all the bushings, springs and the adjusters.

D.
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2011 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Direct Link to This Post
I notice in your pics the struts don't have dust boots, will dust boots fit?
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:

I notice in your pics the struts don't have dust boots, will dust boots fit?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone here run dust boots on their struts?
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2011 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone here run dust boots on their struts?

I have, but I don't know about on coilovers if that would even work.
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2011 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

I have, but I don't know about on coilovers if that would even work.

Yes thats what I meant, in our application.
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Direct Link to This Post
these coilovers would leave the ride height stock too wouldn't they?
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2011 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:

these coilovers would leave the ride height stock too wouldn't they?

They can, or can be adjusted lower. They are threaded so you can adjust the ride height.

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 09-09-2011).]

gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2011 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Dean-

Just making sure I understand this right... if you pay 280, that gives you the kit to put over your own struts. If you pay the 480, that is the kit already assembled with the KYB struts included and installed?
Does that include springs too? Just trying to figure it out. Also, the spring color you showed was gold, would there be other color options. if springs included? If no springs included, maybe you could make them part of a package deal? (Like 1" drops and factory available..)

Maybe include little tidbits in your listing like (just to clear up confusion for people like me)

Coilover kit: $280 Kit includes coilover and spring, no struts
KYB Coilover Kit: $480 Kit includes coilover, springs and 2 KYB rear struts

Color options include: blahblahblah

Very interested in this.

X2

and what will the ride quality be after install? really stiff...like factory but with better cornering response...etc etc.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2011 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
they can be adjusted from taller than stock to the ground if you wish.
as far as ride quality it depends on the springs you can get softer than stock or as stiff as you wish. the 325 springs in my book are the best of both worlds they are stiffer than stock but not to the point of knocking your teath out when you hit a bump. keep in mind what kind of driving you do as well as the kind of roads you drive on.
stock springs are in the area of 250 depending on your car so 75 more is not that bad that is why I like them.
D.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2011 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent interested in 325# springs and compleate 88 rear set up
lildevil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2011 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
need a set asap...pm sent

------------------

rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering what the difference is for the '88 cradle in an older year car......wouldn't the coil-overs mount up to the tower adapters needed to move the tops in and forward? It only looks like the top hats wouldn't be needed.

[This message has been edited by rjblaze (edited 09-19-2011).]

lildevil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
I've PM'd and posted here but no response...is there a phone number or website?
Greenmeansgo

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenmeansgoSend a Private Message to GreenmeansgoDirect Link to This Post
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lildevil:

I've PM'd and posted here but no response...is there a phone number or website?

did I miss you in the PM's ? if so please re send it and I will get back to you.
I will also PM you with my info.

the web site that was posted is our old one the new one is here but still under construction.
D.

www.whodeanies.com
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Was wondering about the answer to my question above. What causes the coil-overs to be more expensive for an '88 cradle in pre-88 car? Am i missing something here? Probably my brain and this is a real obvious answer (I need a transplant)
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rjblaze:

Was wondering about the answer to my question above. What causes the coil-overs to be more expensive for an '88 cradle in pre-88 car? Am i missing something here? Probably my brain and this is a real obvious answer (I need a transplant)

it requiers a few more parts and a bit more fab time to make them.
D.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock