Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  1988 Fiero Twin charged, Norm's flipper, lambo doors Big brakes etc Blue Monster (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
1988 Fiero Twin charged, Norm's flipper, lambo doors Big brakes etc Blue Monster by RUNDLC
Started on: 12-29-2010 10:38 PM
Replies: 54
Last post by: exoticse on 09-27-2012 12:05 PM
RUNDLC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCDirect Link to This Post
OK Guys I am going to start posting this here and try and sell to forum brothers first, after that I guess it's on to flee-bay.

1988, heavily modified formula, 3.8 SC w/ turbo and inter-cooler mated to a 5 speed getrag. Has the norms flipper front, 12" big brakes, racing seats, gauges etc. Full header system w/ 3" stainless exhaust. The car will run and drive, after about 5 minutes it starts to run rich, so it will need some tuning. It also has a tunable computer with all the paper work to show how to tune. I do not have any idea what it will take to get her to run right, but I can tell you this thing is SCARY FAST, I drove it just around the block and I am too old for this kind of power! It really need a brake porportion valve so more stopping power can be put on the front brakes.

I am unable to get the passenger door open, I hear it engaging but just won't open so I don't want to break anything trying to force it open.
I know that this car was built as a show car but it never was truly finished as it should have been. It will need some TLC with minor scrathes and rocker adjustments. This is truly one of a kind car in my opinion and whoever ends up with it has some unlimited power at their hands.

I can only be honest in my assessment and what I see now, that car does not have a stereo or speakers, windows roll up & down, sunroof opens and closes, all lids latch (except front flipper, it needs to be secured better)

Price is $7,500.00 and for those who are in California, this car is not smog legal, if you want it you are on your own, drop something else in every other.... well you get the point.

I will try and answer any questions I can. You can PM me or call me at 916-275-0831 IF SERIOUS ONLY

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
wow, ill have 4000 hopefully soon. i need to cough up 3500 extra somewhere lol.
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
damn...too pricy for me ( but looks well worth it ) would you happen to be able to post more pictures of the rear wing etc? Sorry for being poor =( lol.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Wow, great deal. I remember when WCF built this car and often wondered what happened to it. The price is great, the engine work alone is worth more than the asking price, then factor in all the custom touches such as the doors, the sunroof (which is one of a kind on a Fiero), and the front flipper - good luck with the sale. If I could only fit one more car in my garage, I'd be all over this. Maybe I need to buy the car then tell the wife we need a new garage for my cars...
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Thats nice!!

If you could figure out the tuning issue, it would open up a wider buyer audience and would increase its value. Most ppl do not have the skill or time to figure stuff like that out and may be deterred from buying. Also, since you own the car (and I assume you have allot of experience w/ performance motors) and could not figure it out, leads "me" to believe is a bit more complicated then just a computer tune?

I am in NO WAY putting this car down! It is one sweet ride and your asking price is a bit low IMO... I would have to imagine if you parted it out, you could easily get more then your asking price? It would also open up a larger buying market; as individual parts can be shipped cross-country easier...

Good luck w/ your sale and don't let us talk you down on this beauty. Hold-out a couple months till ppl start getting there tax returns back...
RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies, I believe it is just a tuning issue, I didn't build the car so the engine tuning issue is just that.

"IF" I part it out?? well the front flipper is spoken for....

You guys list out what you would want and what you'll pay and I will "CONSIDER PARTING IT OUT" Maybe I can get more than the asking.

Ball is in your court
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RUNDLC:

Thanks for the replies, I believe it is just a tuning issue, I didn't build the car so the engine tuning issue is just that.

You guys list out what you would want and what you'll pay and I will "CONSIDER PARTING IT OUT" Maybe I can get more than the asking.

Ball is in your court

Definatly make sure most of the stuff is spoken for before you start pulling it apart
MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
The turbo kit for a 3800sc (Twin charge or gutted blower) is worth quite a bit, I imagine.
17Car

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 17CarSend a Private Message to 17CarDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful car, don't part it out unless you absolutely have to.
Does anyone know what code of paint that is?
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
You say the flipper is definitely already spoken for? I would be interested in the body basically, but The flipper would need to be included. If you can part out the rest, I would want it as a rolling chassis. I'm open to negotiations.
scott0999

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
ok I must ask, is there an intercooler fan then or whats going on with that?
PFF
System Bot
RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCDirect Link to This Post
Scott there is a cooler fan mounted on the bottom of the deck lid.

No she won't get parted out just yet, but testing the waters. I would like to get more for her she is worth it but right now CASH is king and I won't have to turn any wrenches. Well someone inquired a month or so ago about wanting the flipper, I am sure he would still like it. if not it could stay with the car. Let's see what happens

[This message has been edited by RUNDLC (edited 12-30-2010).]

Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Nicely done. The right person could make this car perfect. It's only a PCM tune and a weekend of tinkering away right now!
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
Sharp! Good luck with the sale!
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2010 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Fantastic car, good luck with the sale
RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2010 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCDirect Link to This Post
I will add a video of the motor running sometime tomorrow, that way at least you'll have an idea of what a beast this car is.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2010 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Man this looks nasty.... i would have way to much fun with this.
88White3.4GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2010 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
i remember this car on the coast run/ or was it west fest about 5-6 years ago. very nice setup, i liked all the carbon fiber on the trim and all. very nice car, good luck with sale.
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2010 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Steps to buy this car:

Buy car
Sell bolt-on turbo kit for ~1,500$, convert to SC only. I thought I'd do a turbo someday, but after having an SC, anyone that needs more than 300whp in a Fiero is nuts!
Sell front end for ~1,250$ and go back to stock front end
Get computer retuned by Sinister Performance for the mods it has (80$)

You now have one of the coolest Formula's there is with all kinds of awesome mods for about 5k. Need it cheaper? Sell more parts off of it. And this is all assuming it goes for asking price...

[This message has been edited by MadDanceSkillz (edited 12-31-2010).]

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2011 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
I had the striker bolt on my car come loose and the door wouldn't open, try lifting up on the door while opening it. That might take two people.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2011 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
I do not think going back to a stock front end is possible with the way Norm's front is fitted. There is a lot of teh stock structure cut away.

Originally posted by MadDanceSkillz:

Steps to buy this car:

Buy car
Sell front end for ~1,250$ and go back to stock front end
Get computer retuned by Sinister Performance for the mods it has (80$)

You now have one of the coolest Formula's there is with all kinds of awesome mods for about 5k. Need it cheaper? Sell more parts off of it. And this is all assuming it goes for asking price...

PFF
System Bot
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2011 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
I can only hope this weeks NY Lottery Power Ball is fruitful.
This car is simply amazing!

Edit to add, going to buy more tickets now! lol

[This message has been edited by katore8105 (edited 01-01-2011).]

MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2011 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Norm told me you could, but under the front hood isn't going to look right with some of the metal being cut away, and the headlights may be an issue if you don't go flush mount.

OP could always sell the body and have a really fast go-kart...

[This message has been edited by MadDanceSkillz (edited 01-01-2011).]

madmods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madmodsSend a Private Message to madmodsDirect Link to This Post
Run, is the s/c disabled or do they both work? I have seen the kits go both ways.
RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCDirect Link to This Post
Mad, they both are working. I see your brains spinning for the Vendetta??
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
If you do decide to part it and i hope you dont cause that is a nice car. I am interested in the dash but not the gauges. I live in galt so you will not have to ship. Do you have any of the parts from the origional facia? I am looking for the mounting brackets that you took off to put on the norms front end.
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

I am looking for the mounting brackets that you took off to put on the norms front end.

I am pretty sure he bought the car w/ the hood already installed...
RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCDirect Link to This Post
ALJR, I do not have any mounting parts at all. The car came this way. Sorry
madmods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madmodsSend a Private Message to madmodsDirect Link to This Post
Rundl,
Would u take 4,000 for the chassis/motor? i want to put the motor in the vendetta. I don't need the body, seats, rim, etc
I do need the chassis to tune the car before i do the swap. Does the car have a/c?
RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCDirect Link to This Post
Mad, PM me your contact phone number and the best time to call you. I will consider your offer!
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
i hate madmods and his vendetta
PFF
System Bot
Tengis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TengisSend a Private Message to TengisDirect Link to This Post
This looks like a 3800 series 1 for all of you people looking to buy. That is an m62 blower and not an m90. The lower intake is also not one from any 3800 series 2 or 3 motors. Just sayin.
RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. I can't even see a lower intake from that shot. Dude you are good. WCF says it'll still put out close to 450 HP though!
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Oh boy, I sure hope all the people on here that say the 3800SC Series I is junk and not worth bothering with see this...
Tengis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TengisSend a Private Message to TengisDirect Link to This Post
"Oh boy, I sure hope all the people on here that say the 3800SC Series I is junk and not worth bothering with see this..."
Its a nice setup but all in all Id never take a series I over a II or III. Id say closer to 350 with 400 on the high side and an amazing tune. All we are doing is assuming until he goes to a dyno.

[This message has been edited by Tengis (edited 01-06-2011).]

MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 04:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tengis:

"Oh boy, I sure hope all the people on here that say the 3800SC Series I is junk and not worth bothering with see this..."
Its a nice setup but all in all Id never take a series I over a II or III. Id say closer to 350 with 400 on the high side and an amazing tune. All we are doing is assuming until he goes to a dyno.

Nobody said it was better than a Series II or Series III, although I'd take this in a heartbeat over a fairly stock Series II or Series III swap if the cost were the same, and in this case it almost is...but I doubt WCF did all that work cheap if you wanted to have them replicate it.
fierodustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodustinSend a Private Message to fierodustinDirect Link to This Post

Ball is in your court

I would pay $200 shipped for the seats and harnesses if they are decent condition.

Thanks for considering,
Dustin

jhempsrt4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jhempsrt4Send a Private Message to jhempsrt4Direct Link to This Post
Please don't part this out. If you still have it when I get my tax check, I might buy a one way plane ticket to Cali...
madmods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madmodsSend a Private Message to madmodsDirect Link to This Post

Mad, PM me your contact phone number and the best time to call you. I will consider your offer!

Carthan,
where is the car at? Can it be driven to Arizona?
Would you take 6000 for the car?
RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCDirect Link to This Post
Mad, I would HAVE to get no less than 7k, and I know that much and more was spent on the motor and turbo I am in the Sacramento area. I would not drive it to Arizona until all the tuning was completed. You are not that far from me. I would bring a flatbed trailer, drive the car onto it and be on your way home. I would have whatever tuning needed done while it is in the donor. But talk about a very fast Vendetta when complete!

If you want to consider this call me and let's get it done!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock