Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Fieronews New Sunshades and Bags (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fieronews New Sunshades and Bags by Fiero Thomas
Started on: 05-31-2008 04:05 PM
Replies: 92
Last post by: zefferk on 07-24-2012 09:23 PM
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2008 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post

to add to the products that I have out I am now making sunshades and bags to go with them. The sunshades and bags.

Sunshades are made from Vinyl and headliner material. Here are the sun shades. I also am making them with special glue not like OEM units so they will not crap out over time. Now for the photos.

Here is the bag that they will ship in. It does not have the logo on it.

These bags can be made in black white and brown at this time. I can custom order other colors as well.

If you want a better than OEM bag then I offer a Faux Leather Style bag with the Logo on it for 40.00 More. UPDATE do to material costs this is noe a 50.00 upgrade.

in this photo you can see how sung it fits in the roof line. its just the right fit to lay in there with out and work to get it in and it will not move around

Here is the fit around the latch in the car

The cost of the bags I have been selling them for 55.00 and the with the sunshades it will be 105.00 shipped to the USA and 120.00 shipped to Canada. THese will ship UPS. On ebay I am seening OEM go for close to 125.00 for nice ones that have a sag in them. The Fiero Store sells the sunshades for 90.00 by them self and does not sell the bag. This also does not include shipping. I am very excited to offer these as I put alot of time into them and They are better than the OEM in my eyes. If you want the sunshades buy them selfs they will be 60.00 shipped to you.

T-Top Sunshades are now complete as well

Thank You

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 09-15-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2008 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Here are the t-top sunshades that I am working on. these are the prototype at this time. I might change the seam. I have another idea as well that I want to try out as well on the edge. This one is made of vinyl on booth sides but will ship with black vinyl on the back and your choice of color on the top. These will also ship with there own storage bag as well. As I do not have a t-top I am sending this one out for testing at this time to make sure it will fit. When this one is 100% then they will ship. I will take pre-orders as well. They will take a couple of days to make and ship as this are made to order like the rest of the parts that I make. Here are the photos and please remember this is a prototype but Can make yours with vinyl on booth sides if you want. THe total for these are 75.00 shipped to the USA. For canada please add 10.00. P,ease PM with any questions. colors will include light grey, tan, blue, black, red and yes I have access to beechwood now. I have a photo of the color as well to share.

------------------

Visors

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 06-04-2008).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2008 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Thomas how are these bad boys coming along?
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Here is the upgraded Sunshade bag that I have done for a customer. This will have a sunshade with it. This is made from faux Leather and I must say better than OEM in my book. THe OEM material just feels cheap compaired to this stuff. I can put your custom logos on this as well.

------------------

Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~

hagans19

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2008 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hagans19Send a Private Message to hagans19Direct Link to This Post
do you make them in the 86 beachwood for a sun roof
pswayne

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2008 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pswayneSend a Private Message to pswayneDirect Link to This Post
A bit of advice: Whatever you make t-top sunshades out of should be able to take a lot of heat. The t-top glass gets hot enough to fry an egg on in the sun. I'm just afraid that vinyl would melt. But in any case, I'd like some. I have some cardboard sun shades I made in the car now.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2008 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hagans19:

do you make them in the 86 beachwood for a sun roof

I can make them in tan for your car. The 88 is beechwood and the 86 is a bit lighter on the color.

PM Sent

------------------

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2008 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Thomas

4668 posts
Member since Jul 2005

Originally posted by pswayne:

A bit of advice: Whatever you make t-top sunshades out of should be able to take a lot of heat. The t-top glass gets hot enough to fry an egg on in the sun. I'm just afraid that vinyl would melt. But in any case, I'd like some. I have some cardboard sun shades I made in the car now.

I here you on the sun for sure. I am dropping the prototype one off tomorrow to be tested and shaped for a final fitting. I use a very durable material and hold up well. But I am thinking that Black on the top might not be the best choice. I need to make sure that what I am using inside will flex enough befor I rool them out. I will keep you posted.

------------------

Carrolles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2008 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesDirect Link to This Post
Any thoughts of making two piece sunshade or a folding one that can be stowed behind the seat? I'd like to be able to pop it in and out without having to stow it under the hood.

I currently have a pair of the rectangular screens that are made to attach to a side window by use of attached suction cups. Two fit the sunroof rather nicely. I got them at WalMart. I'd really like to completely block the sun on hot days though.

The pics look great. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,

Carroll
Carrolles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesDirect Link to This Post
bump
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
That sounds like a good idea. I am sure that I sould make one for you. Thank you for the Props as well.

pm sent

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 06-24-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Here is the owners new sunshade and Bag test fitted in my indy. This bag is better then OEM and has a great feel to it.

Side to Side in the Indy

Reinforced handle part so it will stay up when driving. This is nice and tight you just have to work it in.

Going to her new home

All Tucked away waiting to ship

------------------

87notchie4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87notchie4Send a Private Message to 87notchie4Direct Link to This Post
Excellent craftsmanship! I have yet to install my T-top conversion, but I'm sure by next summer I will be in need of your T-shades.
Keep up the good work. I'll PM ya about some T-shades in a few months, after my installation is complete. Unfortunately I have other
priority's with my car right now. Oh well, that just gives you a little test and development time.
Also curios, do you do T-bags ?
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Hello ALL I have come up with a new design to the sunshades for the car. With this new style the material will be more secure and all the seems will be nicer on the edge. I will have some photos tomorrow I hope. I am going to use the same style on the t-top shades as well so I will upload all new photos tomorrow. What I have been looking for is a new way to make the ends look cleaner. The end result will be that although they will not be reversable they will look and fit better in the car. Now this does mean that I can now do carbon fiber ones with this style. I have a bunch of carbon material on the way so I will upload photos when complete.

Thanks
Tom

------------------

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Thomas

4668 posts
Member since Jul 2005
In the process of filling the last order and working on a new one I had to figure out a way to make it better so what I did is I talked to my design person.

I found them in the pool and had a few beers in them.

We talked about it and came up with this new style. Now this was to go into a customers car from here but there is a small blemish on it and I will not ship unless I would use it in my own car at a show. SO its new home is in my INDY for now but I tested it in the 86gt

Here it is from the inside.

And from the outside. THe car is quite a bit dirty as I had to put a new water pump in it yesterday. Twice as the first gasket that went in was the poops.

Then down for a nap after her hard work

------------------

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Well she got at me again. We just did not like the seams and were not happy with them after looking at it for a few days. I sit and stare sometimes and I will say that I have my best Ideas when I sleep. So Here it is in its Final state. I was going to discontinue the shade but now I am more satisfied then before.

This shade has left for a customer

------------------

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Thomas

4668 posts
Member since Jul 2005
I had the chance to work on a t-top car so it was left here as well for me to finish the shades. Here is the end result and the final installed.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 07-24-2008).]

DAVES85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DAVES85GTClick Here to visit DAVES85GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to DAVES85GTDirect Link to This Post
I might be looking into a set of "tan" T-top Inserts in the near future,
those look great!!
Dave

------------------
D A V E ' S
1984 FIERO SE
T - TOPS
AND
1986 1/2 FASTBACK GT

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

I had the chance to work on a t-top car so it was left here as well for me to finish the shades. Here is the end result and the final installed.

bump and favorited
sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Direct Link to This Post
Fiero thomas, can you make T-Top headliner kits? I need two visors and would also prefer someone prep the backer board and headliner material and ship back to me. Mine is sorta falling apart.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
I can set you up on booth. However shipping the board may be an issue. They will get sidtroyed in the process. I supply a illustrated photo guide on how to intsall the headliners in your car to help you out as well.
PFF
System Bot
fyrebird68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrebird68Send a Private Message to fyrebird68Direct Link to This Post
I'm sold. How do I get a sunshade and bag?
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fyrebird68:

I'm sold. How do I get a sunshade and bag?

PM Sent.

I must say that I drive with mine in the car all the time and it cuts majorly down on the heat.

------------------

Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 08-27-2008).]

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Here is a sunshade and bag on its way to its new owner. Fitted in the Indy and the few wrinkles will go away with time it will shrink a bit. I have to make it a spot large as it will shrink with time.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 08-31-2008).]

fastback 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastback 88Send a Private Message to fastback 88Direct Link to This Post
Fiero Thomas you have a pm.
fyrebird68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2008 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrebird68Send a Private Message to fyrebird68Direct Link to This Post
Received my sunshade and bag from Thomas. Looks and fits very nice. Now the rest of my interior looks ratty ....

Thanks,
Bob
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2008 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
I am glad that you like it. I am sorry it took so long to get to you. New job and depending on other family to ship have not worked out so I am going to take it all on the job and this each day as well now I think.

------------------

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2008 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Fastback 88 sorry for the few extra days. still trying to adjust to working full time then comming home to make these items. I gues what I will say is to give a week leadtime going forward as I can not get them done the same day till I get a balance.

One with the photos

------------------

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Here is a set going put with the upgraded bag. I have a plan that I am working on tonight I think for a reverse on the bag. Photos to come soon

------------------

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Here is another Leather bag on its way to its new owner

I have been busy today

------------------

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2008 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Pricing update. Hello all I am sorry but I just got nailed with a rather large increase on the premium bags material. Most of my materials have gone up abit over the past year but I have not had to pass any increase till now. The premium bags will now be 10.00 more to produce to a total of 105.00. The increase to me was 15.00 in material per bag. As you know I make them here in my home and I don't want to pass anything on to you. Shipping has also gone up but I don't feel that I should add do to that as it does not make seance to me. Again I am sorry but I got blindsided with this one.

Tom

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2008 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Here is a shade on its way to the new owner. This material was sent to me to use. Best bet when sending material in so it does not wrinkle is to roll it and stick it in a tube for shipping. This item is way over due to be shipped but now I am caught up with what I am working on.

Thank You

------------------

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
cornersonrails your bag is done. I am working on the shade as well

Got2be GM I am working on your bag. there is one obsitcal to get over with it at its a ton of material in the machine for your print but I will get it.

Tom
GOT2B GM

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
right on, thanks for the update
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2009 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Here is a print that got finished today. This might be the only bag with this one it as is was 25,000 stitches. I have a great freind that helped me out and took his time to help me out.

------------------

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2009 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Here is a print that got finished today. This might be the only bag with this one it as is was 25,000 stitches. I have a great freind that helped me out and took his time to help me out.

glad to see your getting better thomas once your up for it and i have the money im gona order a set of visors off ya

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
GOT2B GM

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
Love it!!
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2009 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Here is a set of ttop shades that are going out with a set of visors. I have to start posting more photos.

I have a ton more photos to post.

------------------

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2009 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fyrebird68:

Received my sunshade and bag from Thomas. Looks and fits very nice. Now the rest of my interior looks ratty ....

Thanks,
Bob

Is that not always the case? I hate it when that happens!

Looks great as well. FT - I will have to E-mail ya as soon as I finalize the move as I'd really like to pick up a shade for mine as well.

--Allen
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock