Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Katatak's Fiero Fire Sale! (maybe I should not use the word Fire?) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Katatak's Fiero Fire Sale! (maybe I should not use the word Fire?) by katatak
Started on: 06-20-2011 01:10 AM
Replies: 61
Last post by: katatak on 07-26-2011 12:08 AM
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE! All 3 Fiero's have been SOLD! Thanks to everyone that had an interest!

I have reached the point in my Fiero addiction where it is time to clear out some of the "enablers"- I am not getting out of Fiero's - just need to whittle down the hurd some. I am wanting to sell 2 of my 3 Fiero's - not really worried about which 2 - just that 2 need to go and which ever one is left will be my one and only Fiero for awhile as I am gearing up for a new project.

First up is the 88 XTC/GT. You can read more about it over in the consturction zone. The highlights are: 4.9/4t60E, fresh Paint, Most all mechanicals have been done - lots of new parts, etc. The paint is fresh but it needs to be finished - detail under the hood and deklid due to some overspary and the interior needs cleaned and / or updated. Everything works - except the AC and it is basically a "charge" away from being done. In a week or two I will start the "finishing" touches but as I complete them, the price will go up. I'm afraid if I finish it, I will want to keep it. I'd like to see it go to a PFF Member/Fiero enthusiast. I have it out on CL right now for 6k - of course I would give a big discount for any PFF member. Take a look at the CL add, read through the Construction Zone thread and if you are interested, drop me a PM and lets talk.

Out on EBAY Again - with a Low Reserve!

Construction Zone Thread:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000102.html

How it sits in the driveway tonight:

Second up is my 88 Formula. This has been a great car - pretty much all original. Has new paint and fairly new tires, shocks, brake pads, door hinges, etc. AC work great, has new AC Delco Compressor, accumulator, orifice tube, R134 conversion. This car can be driven anywhere. The clutch is starting to show some wear but still works good - If I keep it, I'll swap it out in the fall/winter. I have it on CL for 4500. Again, I'd like to see it go to a PFF Member and I'd make any member a great deal on it. Take a look at the CL add and if you are interested, drop me a PM and we can talk.

Price reduce to 3500.00!

CL Add:
http://elpaso.en.craigslist.../cto/2456712748.html

As she sits today:

Thrid up is my 86 V8 Coupe. What can I say about this car. It's my favorite Fiero and I hate to see it go! Highlights: Fresh (under 500 mile) 350/4bolt - .030 over. All new internals, lumpy comp cam, etc. etc. Runs awesome - lots of power but not so much as to eat the trans/clutch/drivetrain. It is undoubtably the fastest Fiero I have ever driven - and I have built a 4.9, 2 3800sc's, and a couple 3.4's! I'm sure there are faster ones out there but none I've been around. I recently put a fresh Q Jet carb on the car and checked the mileage today - averaging a little over 18 and that is not taking it easy on it! The Meziere remote water pump works fantastic - on a 80 mile trip today in 104* temps and climbing mountains, the temp never went past 180*. I have it on CL for 4500 - it's a screaming deal - but again, I'd make a better deal to any PFF member. Take a look at the CL add, read the build thread and if you are interested, drop me a PM and we can talk.

Out on EBAY Now with a Low Reserve!

CL Add:
http://elpaso.en.craigslist.../cto/2456719146.html

The Construction Zone Thread:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000108.html

How she sits today:

Like I said, I'd like to see these go to someone that appreciates what they are and can take them to the next level or just enjoy them as they are. I love these cars, have a lot of blood, sweat and tears in them. I'd keep them all but I have a new project in front of me that I really want to get started on and need the money/room. Shoot me a PM, make a reasonable offer and lets see if we can strike a deal.

Thanks in advance for your interest.

Pat

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 09-21-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
I will vouch for everything Pat has said. When he puts them together, they're done right. Any one of these would be a joy to own.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
That XTC looks remarkably like the one that's supposed to be coming up to Gunnison in August.

free bump :> )
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Man oh man I wish I had the money for your V8 coupe. That thing is sweet. =[
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

That XTC looks remarkably like the one that's supposed to be coming up to Gunnison in August.

free bump :> )

That's the plan - but if it sells, I'll have to bring another one! My experience is that someone that really wants an XTC are few and far between. The reason I have all three for sale is the hopes that 2 will sell and I'll keep the one that does not sell. I suspect it will be the XTC left behind! Starting this weekend, I plan to start the finishing touches on the XTC - so that it is ready for the trip to Gunnison in August.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

Man oh man I wish I had the money for your V8 coupe. That thing is sweet. =[

I wish you had the money too! Thanks for the kind words.
Valkyrie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieDirect Link to This Post
That white notchie of yours looks incredible! I've got two of the exact same car, minus the engine. Why the hell don't mine loom that good?!

Best of luck selling them! Keep whitey!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Tuesday Bump!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I just talked with a guy who has a blue kit car Cobra yesterday. I think it was a Factory 5? Anyhow, 427, side oiler, etc. A bump for your dreams Pat...

Tony
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I just talked with a guy who has a blue kit car Cobra yesterday. I think it was a Factory 5? Anyhow, 427, side oiler, etc. A bump for your dreams Pat...

Tony

Aw man Tony! Thanks for the bump but you did not have to rub my nose in it! lol - 427 side oiler is the absolute!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Thursday Bump
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Friday Bump!
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
My favorite is the white V8 bumper pad. It looks sooooo innocent!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

My favorite is the white V8 bumper pad. It looks sooooo innocent!

A wolf in Sheep's clothing! Takes folks by surprize!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Sunday Bump! Times must be really tough out there - not one hint of any interest in any of these cars! EBay here I come.!

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 06-26-2011).]

Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
there is interest. Unfortunately it is accompanied by poverty:}
I noticed the CL ad on the XTC says it was deleted.
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Pat,

I just think it’s the economy right now. I would buy the XTC in a heart beat if my car was not at Whodeanie’s. EBay is probably the best way to go as you will get a lot more people who are looking there. Good luck! I know eventually you will sell what you need to and be driving a Cobra soon.

Paul
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I met up with pat today to just BS about fieros and ended up laying claim to the XTC...... As soon as i get back I'm having a firesale of my own...... No the IMSA will not be involved in it for all the dreamers

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 06-26-2011).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Yep - I bumped the CL adds and failed to update them on here - I'll correct that in a few minutes. PK was here today - had a good time - he's a pretty good guy! Looks like he fell in love with the XTC after he took it for a spin! At least he got a Fiero fix while he is out on the road.XTC maybe PA bound soon!

Pat

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Pat,

I just think it’s the economy right now. I would buy the XTC in a heart beat if my car was not at Whodeanie’s. EBay is probably the best way to go as you will get a lot more people who are looking there. Good luck! I know eventually you will sell what you need to and be driving a Cobra soon.

Paul

Hey Paul - I'll trade ya straight up for that Solstice Coupe?I'd even deliver to your door!

Been looking at 427 side oiler's on the net - I need to hit the lottery!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Craigs List Links updated on first post!
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Holiday Weekend Bump!
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
ohhhh i like the V8.....would it make from TX to MI?? i see a chance to kill 3 birds with one stone.

i know Rick from the Mera thread and would like to meet him, buy this white 1986 badass and see Senic TX and all points between.
well theres Richard and his Mera in AZ too....and Mike in OK. wow this is getting to be an Epic roadtrip. i just got a temp job....and have a MiddleBall offer in hand now.

Daniel-
Mera X

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-01-2011).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

ohhhh i like the V8.....would it make from TX to MI?? i see a chance to kill 3 birds with one stone.

i know Rick from the Mera thread and would like to meet him, buy this white 1986 badass and see Senic TX and all points between.
well theres Richard and his Mera in AZ too....and Mike in OK. wow this is getting to be an Epic roadtrip. i just got a temp job....and have a MiddleBall offer in hand now.

Daniel-
Mera X

I believe it would other than with the 4 spd it winds up to 2800 - 3000 @ 75 mph! No AC - No Heat! Just roll down the windows and let her fly!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Update: - XTC out on EBay - listing on original post - starting bid at 4500.00!
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

I believe it would other than with the 4 spd it winds up to 2800 - 3000 @ 75 mph! No AC - No Heat! Just roll down the windows and let her fly!

very interesting....if i need to take it slow(er) on the highway, well i will enjoy the scenery that much more
i need to ask the boss, how long this little stint of employ will last. if i can get back the money i spend here by the time the layoff comes, i am no worse off than i was 2 weeks ago and have a "Killer Sheep" to hunt 'Stangs with. i got a thing for the newer, headlight having Corvettes, too. i wanna eat them up! damn i think i just named it....."KillerSheep"

too funny.....i see the route home is thru the Home of Mera #7071. oh man i hope i can pull this off.....consider me a prospect.

its up to the boss now.....

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-01-2011).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
good news, goood news!! the 5@10 hour days start Tommarrow.....this will help expediate things

the real problem for me seems to be how to get the time off to pick this up. well, until the layoff but, i hope thats a ways off.
I may need to have the "Killer" shipped up here to MI, would that be a problem for you?

daniel
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

good news, goood news!! the 5@10 hour days start Tommarrow.....this will help expediate things

the real problem for me seems to be how to get the time off to pick this up. well, until the layoff but, i hope thats a ways off.
I may need to have the "Killer" shipped up here to MI, would that be a problem for you?

daniel

If it were me, I would ship it - if you figure the cost to fly down here and the cost for gas to drive back, you might be able to ship it for the same money?
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

If it were me, I would ship it - if you figure the cost to fly down here and the cost for gas to drive back, you might be able to ship it for the same money?

DAS charged me $750 to ship my Fiero from Los Angeles to El Paso. It would have cost me more in airline tickets, fuel, hotels, food, etc....not to mention time. Unless you're just aching for a road trip, I would ship it.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

It doesn't have heat? Is it because you didn't hook up heater lines to it or is there something else? No heat up here is really bad, lol.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
No heat - because it does not have the heater/AC box - the car had an old aftermarket AC setup and whoever installed it, butchered up the inner part of the box. Plus we don't need heat down here. It also took 60 pounds out of the front end!
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

XTC had zero bids on EBay? Over 1700 hits - a lot of emails and questions but no sale!

I think I'll put the V8 Coupe out there and see what it does?

If someone made me a reasonable offer, they could pick up a very nice Fiero - I'm not desperate but I'd make someone a heck of a deal for one , two or all!
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

Bump!

XTC had zero bids on EBay? Over 1700 hits - a lot of emails and questions but no sale!

I think I'll put the V8 Coupe out there and see what it does?

Wow! Pat,

I am surprised you didn’t get any bids. I thought your starting bid was low. I guess it’s all about timing when you place an ad.

Good luck! Maybe the V8 coupe will do better on eBay.

Paul
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Wow! Pat,

I am surprised you didn’t get any bids. I thought your starting bid was low. I guess it’s all about timing when you place an ad.

Good luck! Maybe the V8 coupe will do better on eBay.

Paul

Thanks Paul - not sure what's going on out there - Folks are just hanging on to thier money these days I guess. I've reduced the prices on all 3 - posted in the original post. I'll be getting the motor back from the machine shop for my new project this week. Once I start into it, I'll park the Fiero's in the back yard and just keep them. I have already bit the bullet and spent the money for the new project - turns out I don't need to sell the cars for the money but I really do need the room. I hate to "give" them away but it may come to that.

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
That V8 fiero seems like such an awesome car, and I really don't like V8s in our cars either. Sigh, the $$$ is there- the room to keep it and the extra sanity for another Fiero isn't lol.
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldDirect Link to This Post
I wish I could help you out, these are a steal.

I'm trying to sell my Fiero, and get into another car. I would love to trade cars, but your car is worth more than mine plus you need space.

Good luck to you!

------------------
1986 SE V6 Auto. 114K miles.
1995 F-150 4.9l Straight 6, Port and polished head, oversize valves, mild cam.

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies guys! Got lot's of folks wanting to trade various stuff - wish I was in the ,arket for trades bu I need the room - if I don't thin the herd, I'll be sleeping in one of them!
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Just an unbiased plug for katatak's Fieros. Any of these cars would be very difficult to duplicate for the money he is asking. My favorite is the V8 notchie. The hard work is done. I'm pretty sure a heater could be reinstalled if you needed one. If I owned this car, my license might be be in jeopardy by now.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Keepin it fresh! The V8 Car and the XTC have been moved to the North 40 (backyard) - out of site, out of mind kind of thing. I have a lot of project work on my plate for the next several weeks and will not be doing anything to these 2 cars - get em now while they are still "cheap". Once I dive back into workng on them, the price will go up or I will simply keep them. Nows the time to get your hands on a great Fiero(s)............
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock