water transfer printing by tvhydrodip
Started on: 09-06-2010 11:34 AM
Replies: 184
Last post by: FirstDrCar on 11-20-2011 07:49 PM
tvhydrodip

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tvhydrodipClick Here to visit tvhydrodip's HomePageSend a Private Message to tvhydrodipDirect Link to This Post
If you want custom designed parts for your fiero we can make it happen. We do water transfer printing on just about any part that you can think of. The cost of water transfer printing on your parts is fairly low compared to getting custom paint work done. One of the big sellers for us is carbon fiber. After a high gloss clear coat is applied the part looks like it is made of carbon fiber but at a much cheaper price. The design that you choose will form perfectly over any part that you decide to have done. Take a look at our website and send us an email with any questions or pricing info. www.tvhydrodip.com
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Nice product! I liked what you did with the welding mask. I am sure I am not the only one to ask: What would it be to do the 4 piece interior trim set of the Fiero? (Shifter, Heater, Aux Gauge, and Dash Gauge Surrround?) I would like it in the #1 Metal pattern.. just curious, pretty poor at the moment.
tvhydrodip

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tvhydrodipClick Here to visit tvhydrodip's HomePageSend a Private Message to tvhydrodipDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! Im glad that you like it as i am hoping many others here will to. This design resembles brushed aluminum. It would be $75 to get this done.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
I would be curious on the CF pattern to the 4 pieces. Very cool stuff

------------------
1984 Indy Pace car #64 Parade car #4 1985 Fiero GT 4speed
1986 Fiero GT 1997 Supercharged GTP
2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
How about dipping all the individual body pieces in carbon fiber. That'd make the ricers really jealous! Haha. I'm not planning on it, but is it theoretically possible?

In all seriousness, that is some really cool stuff.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tvhydrodip:

Thanks! Im glad that you like it as i am hoping many others here will to. This design resembles brushed aluminum. It would be $75 to get this done.

Sounds like a steal! *bookmarked*
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
How much for pattern #16 in the carbon fiber on our 4 piece guage bezels including shift surround? Very nice looking stuff!! Definitly bookmarked.
tvhydrodip

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tvhydrodipClick Here to visit tvhydrodip's HomePageSend a Private Message to tvhydrodipDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone for the interest. Doing the 4 trim pieces will be $75 regardless of the design that you choose. I would like to be able to do all of the individual panels on the fiero but i would need a much bigger tank.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I guess my question would be, do you have to have a minimum order of a certain style before you could do them? Or can you fulfill individual orders?
tvhydrodip

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tvhydrodipClick Here to visit tvhydrodip's HomePageSend a Private Message to tvhydrodipDirect Link to This Post
There is not a minimum order before i will do anything. You can send me the smallest part and i will do whatever you would like done. As soon as i receive your part i will do what you want and send it back out. It will take about a week to do the parts you send. Time has to be allowed for paint drying and curing before sending back.
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
You have PM
PFF
System Bot
outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
BUMP for innovation....that is so awesome!!!!! i will be looking for stuff to gather for an order. i will also pass it on to my friend that is obsessed with interior re-design
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Ohhhh, very nice!

So who is going to be the first? Lets get some Fiero "sample" pics up

So how durable is this stuff? Any special care need to be taken when cleaning? Would the price go down w/ the more parts that are dun? Is it only applied to rigid panels? Could it be applied to semi-rigid parts (plastic parts that may need to be bent to fit back in) w/o flaking off? Can if be appled to vinyle <sp?

Gonna bookmark this as well
tvhydrodip

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tvhydrodipClick Here to visit tvhydrodip's HomePageSend a Private Message to tvhydrodipDirect Link to This Post
The parts that are done in these graphics are very durable. The parts are first painted with automotive grade paint. The color of the base coat will compliment the graphics. Then the graphics are applied. After the graphics dry a automotive grade clear coat is applied. You can use window cleaner or soapy water to clean the parts. We cannot apply this to vinyl. The parts can be some what flexible just not to the point of bending them in half. If the part gets scratched you can hand buff the part to try to get rid of the scratch.
deezil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any sample pics of parts done in any of the metallic patterns?

I like pattern 1 of the metallic and would be interested in getting the 4 dash pieces done in that.

[This message has been edited by deezil (edited 09-07-2010).]

tvhydrodip

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tvhydrodipClick Here to visit tvhydrodip's HomePageSend a Private Message to tvhydrodipDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure what design your talking about. I dont have any that are metallic. I can make them that way but it will be more money. I do not have any pics of that design on any parts.
Copper85GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Copper85GTSend a Private Message to Copper85GTDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any sample pics of parts done in any of the metallic patterns?

I like pattern 1 of the metallic and would be interested in getting the 4 dash pieces done in that.
[This message has been edited by deezil (edited 09-07-2010).]

Originally posted by tvhydrodip:

I am not sure what design your talking about. I dont have any that are metallic. I can make them that way but it will be more money. I do not have any pics of that design on any parts.

I think the patterns he is referring to would be numbers 1 through 5 on the patterns page of your web site. The illustrations show various grades of brushed aluminum to diamond plate.
deezil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilDirect Link to This Post
yep thats them.

first row on this page.

http://www.tvhydrodip.com/Services.html
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Oh this is neat! I worked next to a place that did this for large plastic parts. It looks great with clear over it.
tvhydrodip

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tvhydrodipClick Here to visit tvhydrodip's HomePageSend a Private Message to tvhydrodipDirect Link to This Post
deezil sorry about the misunderstanding. I dont have anything at this point that is done in that graphic. I am certain that you will like it once its done, if you choose to do it.
tvhydrodip

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tvhydrodipClick Here to visit tvhydrodip's HomePageSend a Private Message to tvhydrodipDirect Link to This Post

tvhydrodip

63 posts
Member since Sep 2010
I am planning on being at fierorama on sunday september 12. I will have the pieces from my motorcycle that I did with me.
PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
anyone got a price yet?
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
He posted above $75 for a set of 4 bezels. I am going to get it done. Sent the parts out today (instrument, radio/HVAC, aux cluster bezels and the shift surround. Will post pics upon completion. Getting mine done with #13 carbon fiber. He says that is what is on the bike at the bottom of his website. Should look good.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by donnie072003:

He posted above $75 for a set of 4 bezels. I am going to get it done. Sent the parts out today (instrument, radio/HVAC, aux cluster bezels and the shift surround. Will post pics upon completion. Getting mine done with #13 carbon fiber. He says that is what is on the bike at the bottom of his website. Should look good.

Pics please when they are done.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
*Waiting in enthusiastic furor*
W Scott

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for W ScottSend a Private Message to W ScottDirect Link to This Post
Bump for Bookmarking in my favourties
tvhydrodip

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tvhydrodipClick Here to visit tvhydrodip's HomePageSend a Private Message to tvhydrodipDirect Link to This Post
Right now I am doing free shipping on everything.
Copper85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Copper85GTSend a Private Message to Copper85GTDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to chime in and say that I've seen some of the parts he's done this process to and can vouch that they are high quality. Also a real car guy who eats, breathes and sleeps customization. I'll definitely be a customer as soon as my project reaches that stage.
tvhydrodip

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tvhydrodipClick Here to visit tvhydrodip's HomePageSend a Private Message to tvhydrodipDirect Link to This Post
bump
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
Tagged for pics. Sounds like a great deal. Is there any prep process you require before sending you pieces? Cleaning, etc.?
tvhydrodip

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tvhydrodipClick Here to visit tvhydrodip's HomePageSend a Private Message to tvhydrodipDirect Link to This Post
There is nothing that you have to clean. I will take care of it when I receive the parts that you want done.
PFF
System Bot
tvhydrodip

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tvhydrodipClick Here to visit tvhydrodip's HomePageSend a Private Message to tvhydrodipDirect Link to This Post

tvhydrodip

63 posts
Member since Sep 2010
Keep an eye on this thread. donnie072003 parts should be done on Monday
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Can't wait!!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
@ tvhydrodip, I sent you a PM, as I have some technical questions as far as the background color that they are overlaid on and such.....
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
The sad part about this is that I have been making carbon fiber parts for years but even I would go this route to save time. This is a very good process and unless you really study the part, you cannot tell that it is not real carbon fiber. Nice of you to offer this to the forum.
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Wow I just saw this on e-bay. Looks like this is an awesome alternative to buying stick on pieces. Now I'm glad I went ahead and took a chance on this!!

Donnie

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item519497a978
Copper85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Copper85GTSend a Private Message to Copper85GTDirect Link to This Post
Donnie, I think you'll be very pleased with the results. I saw a couple of his samples at Fierorama today and thought they looked great. He was carrying a carbon fiber and a camo piece and they looked terrific.
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
I can't wait to see them! lol He told me Friday that he thought they would be done on Monday sometime. He is going to deliver them to me next weekend. I think the look is really going to set off my interior. If they look as good as I think they will I will probably get a couple of other pieces done as well. My son is wanting his IROC stuff done too. He has to buy some tires first but I think that is next on his list.
Donnie
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Anyone here sent their parts to be done? Pictures? Tks
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
I have parts there now. Should be done soon. I'll post pics when I get them.

Donnie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock