Started on: 05-31-2010 12:05 AM
Replies: 78
Last post by: mptighe on 01-28-2011 02:36 PM
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
My new project has a green light, so the newly chopped notchie is up for sale.
First, It is a project. Not a show car, not a 100 miles a day commuter! It's not 100% finished.
It has been highly modified including cutting the frame. (choptop in the title I hope gave that away)

Here it goes.
1986 Fiero SE. Choptop (about 2 1/2 inches)
3.4L V-6 new crate engine. Around 10K or so.
Car has a little over 100K
recently rebuilt 4 speed. new clutch.
This car has a ton of upgrades done by previous owner.
If you search for the "Short Bus", or its former name "Ole Yeller" you can see everything done to it.
The rear has poly all over, brakes are crossed drilled and slotted.
SS hard lines on the engine replaced the rubber.
Headlights are great.
Runs like a scalded dog.
A/C is all new. Blows cold.
Wheels and tires are from 17" Scion TC. They have been machined to fit fiero hubs.
Door hinges are rebuilt.
Front end lowered, alignment feels good, but I'm sure it needs adjusted.
Interiors in decent shape.

Items needed that I can tell so far.
Front tie rods have torn boots.
Side and back windows **DONE!**
All the audio equipment has been removed.
Paint and body worked finished. **(kinda) DONE!**
Cruise doesn't work.

98% complete car. (1% was chopped off the top!)

I am still putting the little things back together, but it pretty much finished.
I plan on installing the rear window and if I can find a close match, I'll paint the rear clip. **DONE!**

PM for info and pics

Before---

TODAY!

$$ Make offer $$

[This message has been edited by Carver1 (edited 06-05-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
$2 DOLLARS! ..firm...............OK....$3 dollars. Nice looking car. Good luck with the sale

Vinny
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by vinny:

$2 DOLLARS! ..firm...............OK....$3 dollars. Nice looking car. Good luck with the sale

Vinny

A few zeros and we are there!.

Thanks for the compliment.
cooguyfish

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:

A few zeros and we are there!.

Thanks for the compliment.

$200??? that might be considered a few zeros???

But seriously, you are far better off saying xxxx OBO OBO OBO than "make an offer." Would you take $2000? would you take $8000, well no on knows cuz you don't have an asking price.

If you want offers you are better off with ebay
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Kinda why I said PM for info and price. I'm not holding an auction. I prefer to keep the price private with the buyer and myself. Thanks.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
A few more zeros and we are there! Okay....$3.0000....deal! Great chopie and I wish you luck with the sale.
Cheers
JR
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
WIthout side windows the chop is pretty useless.

Your best bet is to suck it up and buy Archies windows and pray that they fit. The back window can be custom made because its flat. If you can get away with archies windows, and install a back window you will get ALOT more for your car.

It is a beautiful car, but it needs to be finished if you want any money out of it.
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
This place amazes me.
I'll part out the car if that will please the masses. I think I can get more than $3 that way. maybe?

[This message has been edited by Carver1 (edited 05-31-2010).]

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Carver, if i didn't already have a choptop project about to undergo an engine swap i would snatch that up quick.

Maybe Archie could probably get some of his previous windows to fit ? IF not check with Car-lo up in Canada and he can probably help you source the windows he used on his car. They may not be glass, but that is not the end all to be all,.... trust me.

You definatly can live with an alternative.

This is a great chance for someone who has always wanted a choptop to get one at a fraction of the price. Good luck with the sale, and can't wait to see your next project.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-31-2010).]

Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
I'm not completely done with the car. I already have the material for the windows, paint, etc. I am still working toward a finished car. I was giving someone the opportunity to save some cash and have a working project with all the hard work out of the way. This started out with me just seeing if I could do it. I think it turned out better than I first expected.
The more I do to it, the more I will need back out of it.
Almost everyone on this forum is on a tight budget. I'm not selling a $20K car, and I don't expect to see a huge price out of it.
If anyone is genuinely interested, PM me and we can work out a price and how much more work you would like to have completed.
I'll update as I finish up the interior and misc. parts.
katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump for my brother in New Mexico. This car without the chop is worth what he is asking all the hard work that you would have to do to any fiero is already done and done right. There was no expense spared on all the parts put into this car. I wish I were in a position to take this car off is hands. All you need to do is discuss it on a personal level with Phil - I am 110% sure you will get a great deal!

Pat

PFF
System Bot
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Paint and rear window installed.

EDIT: Thanks Pat!

[This message has been edited by Carver1 (edited 05-31-2010).]

timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post
Nice job Carver! You made my heart skip a beat with that last (whole car) pic. Almost wish I had seen this before buying my 88GT~For what it's worth, if I had anything more than two nickels and a half eaten tuna sandwich, I'd gladly give it up for that sled

[This message has been edited by timcha (edited 06-01-2010).]

tiretread

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadDirect Link to This Post
I want that car so bad! Why must I be in Iraq? lol. Of course, that didn't stop me from buying my 86 SE! If you can't move that car (for some insane reason) and can store it for a couple months, let me know cuz I'd love a chance to work something out for that ride.
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
One window installed. One to go!

This car will be 100% inside and out by the weekend.
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

WIthout side windows the chop is pretty useless.

SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
bump for you... looks great.

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Carver

Where the heck was this car in March???!!!! Gah. I would have LOVED to have bought it,and I had the budget, but now I bought the 86 notch to do my projecting in. Anyway, I think that car is really awesome looking.. not my favorite color, but the body contours look awesome. Nice work. I just love good looking notchies.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
wow hard times selling chops this year!
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
You might be suprized at what I would take for it....
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
you might be suprised to know ...I won't fit in it !
PFF
System Bot
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

you might be suprised to know ...I won't fit in it !

C'mon! I'm 6 ft and can wear a ball cap while driving it!
I haven't even lowered the seat rails yet.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
You must have done better than the GBCT. I could "fit" in it but don't want to drive it that way.
Yours looks wonderful!! DAM I wish I was a small boy
Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
What are you going to do with the headliner?
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Iron_Mark_2003:

What are you going to do with the headliner?

Do you mean if I am installing it? I planned on trimming it to fit, and recovering it. Other than the pass side window and some tweaking, the interior is the only thing left to do. I am still working on the seatbelt mounts, since I removed them altogether during the chop. THey will have to be mounted lower than the stock position now.

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

C'mon! I'm 6 ft and can wear a ball cap while driving it!
I haven't even lowered the seat rails yet.

Yea, but I don't think a person who is 6'5", almost 6'6" will have enough headroom. No choptop for me.
tiretread

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadDirect Link to This Post

You might be suprized at what I would take for it....

Hmmmmm....
fierodustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodustinSend a Private Message to fierodustinDirect Link to This Post
pmd
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Car looks very nice! Good luck with the sale!
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post
want to trade for a 1992 corvette? lol
shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post

shawnk

968 posts
Member since Mar 2008
here is a teaser lol
PFF
System Bot
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnk:

here is a teaser lol

Is that two chicks kissing up by the fountain?
shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

it is san francisco it could very well be.
Maloso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalosoSend a Private Message to MalosoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

Lol...Good eye!
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
It's almost finished now. A few more days of tweeking and buttoning up.
Still looking for cash offers, and considering a few trades. I have alot of extra parts that I won't need for my next project. They can be included if needed to make a deal.
PM me!
tiretread

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadDirect Link to This Post

It's almost finished now. A few more days of tweeking and buttoning up.
Still looking for cash offers, and considering a few trades. I have alot of extra parts that I won't need for my next project. They can be included if needed to make a deal.
PM me!

Send me some pics! lol.
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
What is your price range? Nice looking car, I know for a fact Chop tops are hard to sell. That is why I offered a package deal on all my stuff. Hope you have better luck than I have so far. Again very nice looking car you built.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2010 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Bump for an outstanding charachter.

Nice job on the chop there Carver1. It is amazing what a garage can do for you. (Still remembering the pics of you working on the dirt. )
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Finally finished!
I have my garage back.

------------------
86 SE ChopTop 4 Speed 3.4 "The Short Bus"

"For Sale"

Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Painted trim and chin spoiler.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock