ZZP Intercooler for 3800 S/C by FXRseen
Started on: 10-17-2010 04:49 PM
Replies: 63
Last post by: MstangsBware on 10-23-2010 04:16 PM
FXRseen

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FXRseenSend a Private Message to FXRseenDirect Link to This Post
Unused stage one intercooler from ZZPerformance. Included as seen in the pictures are the two piece Intercooler cores, exchanger, water pump, extended bolts, sealant, Hoses, Gaskets, Clamps, and instructions.

http://www.zzperformance.co...php?id=234&catid=139

$250.00 OBO

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FXRseen:

Unused stage one intercooler from ZZPerformance. Included as seen in the pictures are the two piece Intercooler cores, exchanger, water pump, extended bolts, sealant, Hoses, Gaskets, Clamps, and instructions.

http://www.zzperformance.co...php?id=234&catid=139

$250.00 OBO

If everything that is shown in the picture comes with it for the $250 then I will take it....PM me payment info.....
86GTFastback

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTFastbackSend a Private Message to 86GTFastbackDirect Link to This Post
If he falls through I'd be willing to take it off your hands.
FXRseen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FXRseenSend a Private Message to FXRseenDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys for your reply. MstangsBware your up first I'll PM ya for details.
FXRseen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FXRseenSend a Private Message to FXRseenDirect Link to This Post

FXRseen

182 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Okay I've received a down payment so the intercooler has been sold. Thanks guys for the quick response. I'll update if something changes.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Thanks guys for your reply. MstangsBware your up first I'll PM ya for details.

huh?
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Okay I've received a down payment so the intercooler has been sold. Thanks guys for the quick response. I'll update if something changes.

I am confused....I am first in line for it but I am not the one that sent a deposit...does that mean it sold to someone else? I reeplied to your PM.....
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
He told me Sunday that I was 1st in line. yet I gave no deposit either. What the hell?

"Right now you are the first to respond so I'd take $250 shipped. Unless I get no other responses, fair?"

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 10-18-2010).]

FXRseen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FXRseenSend a Private Message to FXRseenDirect Link to This Post
Sorry revin and MstangsBware I didn't mean to misslead you two in anyway. Revin chose to PM first and MstangsBware was the first to respond in my post. Both of you offered less than I had posted and that was fine, I was taking that into consideration sense I didn't have a feel for how much the item is worth. Then immediately I started getting hirer offers and quicker responses than both of you. While they said they wanted to buy and asked for my email address to send payment.

Basically I understood it to be a first to pay first to get it. Thats why I posted it as "or best offer".

I've sold a hand full of items here on the forums and always had great response with kind people and I appreciate that. I always want to have kind dealings with people here on the forum and have enjoyed your wealth of knowledge. So I hope that you can overlook my quickness to try and sort the sale. I've learned a couple of things from this and hope that I can be more clear with future dealings with people. Thank you.

Now that the item is sold lets let this post go so that other people selling can have their items shown. Thanks.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Sorry revin and MstangsBware I didn't mean to misslead you two in anyway. Revin chose to PM first and MstangsBware was the first to respond in my post. Both of you offered less than I had posted and that was fine, I was taking that into consideration sense I didn't have a feel for how much the item is worth. Then immediately I started getting hirer offers and quicker responses than both of you. While they said they wanted to buy and asked for my email address to send payment.

Basically I understood it to be a first to pay first to get it. Thats why I posted it as "or best offer".

I've sold a hand full of items here on the forums and always had great response with kind people and I appreciate that. I always want to have kind dealings with people here on the forum and have enjoyed your wealth of knowledge. So I hope that you can overlook my quickness to try and sort the sale. I've learned a couple of things from this and hope that I can be more clear with future dealings with people. Thank you.

Now that the item is sold lets let this post go so that other people selling can have their items shown. Thanks.

Well first off I did not offer you less than what you where offering the pars for...I said I would take it for what you where asking and to PM me the payment information...You sent me a PM saying:

"Hello you asked me about my intercooler in this forum.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...054166.html#lastpost

Yes everything is available in the pictures that I took today and posted about.

A quick look for UPS ground ship is $25.00 to texas

let me know what you would like to do. "

I replied with sounds good and asked what is your PP account so I could send payment. I went to the Thread where I saw you had SOLD it out from under me and then found that you actaully SOLD it out from underneath Revin before me...While neither of us sent you money at this point we where going forward in the transaction and waiting on a reply from you about payment info......So do not try to make it sound like we offered you less and make excuses.....The simple fact is you did not do your homework on something you where selling, posted it for way to low of a price then did one of the worst things you could do when selling on a Forum and that is sell it to someone for a higher price when it was offered. This to me really tells alot about a person and what kind of person they really are.......

So to recap...You posted an item for sale, two memebrs wanted it for your asking price, you got a higher offer in PMs, SOLD it to that person then tried to make it sound like as if it is okay.....Well being it is yours to sell I guess that it is okay if that is the type of person you are so good luck with the sell.....

If you can live with being a SHADY seller then I guess I can too................

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
I agree with everything Mstang said!

I am dam not going all out on someone with only 170 posts when buying something. That is why I had to ask for a paypal in the first pm to ya, as well if it leaked, bolts etc.! Then you responded with I was 1st and that you wanted $250 shipped!
Shady dealings my friend.
I think I should even RATE your feedback as a bad or shady dealer seller since we did have a communation going on and since I was first inline (your words)

"Hello, It does have a couple pages of instructions from ZZPerformance as you can see in the first picture of my post. I've not installed it it's brand new so I don't know if there would be any leaks. The longer bolts are included as you can see in the uper right hand corner of the third picture. Do you want to know the total length of the bolts is that what your asking?

Right now you are the first to respond so I'd take $250 shipped. Unless I get no other responses, fair?

What other pictures would you like to see? I've included an overview picture of everything in the first picture. Let me know what aditional pictures you would like to have.

Melvin

PFF
System Bot
FXRseen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FXRseenSend a Private Message to FXRseenDirect Link to This Post
Okay I don't know what I can do to make you feel better at this point. I was made an offer faster than you both replied back to me. So I took it. Thats not shady thats me probably not being patient enough sorry. I didn't want a lot of back and forth and when I get one email saying here is the money vs questions what can a guy do. Are you done bashing me?
FXRseen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FXRseenSend a Private Message to FXRseenDirect Link to This Post

FXRseen

182 posts
Member since Feb 2002
revin even though you asked for my paypal you undercut my price. I listed it as "or best offer". I was waiting for better offers sense you were the first one. I think you must misunderstand how selling items work. You give a offer I check around for other offers that are higher. If yours is the only offer then you win my interest. If I get a higher offer than that one wins my interest. Am I wrong? I am the seller am I not? Shouldn't I be the one that decides who gets my item?

Do you normally treat people this harsh? To what advantage is there? If you wanted it so bad why did you offer less? There is a chance then that someone else may offer it for what I'm asking and they will get it. Thats how things work. I hope that future purchases work out for you better.
MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
I really don't like getting involved in this kind of crap, and it's probably going to get me a few more negatives, but what the hell.

I mean to offense to either

Mstangsbware - I don't see anywhere he said it was yours and he considered it sold. What I do see is him saying in his original post "250 or best offer". You made an offer of 250, and it wasn't the best offer. Unless he told you "Sold" or you sent payment, he's within his rights that he listed in his original post to accept a higher offer. Yeah, you were first and line (Possibly?) and I'm sure he would have sold them to you if 100 other people had offered 250, because you were first in line at 250.

Revin - "Right now you are the first to respond so I'd take $250 shipped. Unless I get no other responses, fair?" That's from a PRIVATE Message you posted that he wrote. Doesn't that speak for itself?

I don't mean to give either of you crap, I'm just expressing my opinion here, because I disagree. I buy and sell electronics for a living, mostly computers. Whenever I come across a good deal, or ANY deal, and I am sure I want whatever it is they're selling, I let them know and make them say in some form "Yes, I'm selling it to you and no one else, and I consider it sold".

I know it sucks when you miss a good deal, and you want to blame someone for it because you're pissed off, it happens. I've been there many, many times, and end up driving places all the time only to find something really WAS sold out from under me after the seller had said it would only be sold to me and he considered it sold/a done deal. I don't give them crap about it because it does nobody any good, it was still their property to do with as they please, and because it was my own fault for not being there to buy whatever it was sooner. If someone specifically said they were selling something to best offer, and someone out-offered me, I'd be pissed, especially if it was something I really wanted, but hey, it's my own fault for offering less than the next guy. Do you get mad at Wal-Mart if they run out of something you want, even though you were on your way to go get it? Or get mad at them because the price goes up on something because of supply and demand? No, because you know they are the seller and they dictate the terms of sale. The same applies to individuals, not just Wal-Mart.

There's my 3 cents, fire away at it.

[This message has been edited by MadDanceSkillz (edited 10-18-2010).]

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
I am not too sure what kind of a deal you 3 or 4 were working on...

BUT, this is how I see a sale working:
Just because some one says they will take it, it’s not yours until the seller says he will sell it to you; whether your first second or tenth to respond. It’s HIS part to sell and to do with what he likes. He can throw it in the trash and be dun with it...

The only way I could see the seller being shady, would be if he ACCEPTED one of your offers (receive payment or not); then backed out and took someone else’s higher offer...

I see it allot in here when something good comes up at a really low price. People call dibs on it before the seller even responds or says they will sell it to them...

Like I said, I have no clue what really happened, just an impartial observer giving my .02

BTW, I seen this item come up within the first minute or two it was posted (no page views). I was going to grab it, but thought something was wrong with it because the price seemed REALLY low... Kinda regret that decision now

EDIT: Guess MD beat me to it...

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 10-18-2010).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

revin even though you asked for my paypal you undercut my price. I listed it as "or best offer". I was waiting for better offers sense you were the first one. I think you must misunderstand how selling items work. You give a offer I check around for other offers that are higher. If yours is the only offer then you win my interest. If I get a higher offer than that one wins my interest. Am I wrong? I am the seller am I not? Shouldn't I be the one that decides who gets my item?

Do you normally treat people this harsh? To what advantage is there? If you wanted it so bad why did you offer less? There is a chance then that someone else may offer it for what I'm asking and they will get it. Thats how things work. I hope that future purchases work out for you better.

Well even if Revin misunderstands how selling items work(which I am sure he doesn't) I am willing to bet you I know how it works inside and out.....I have been selling parts on here for many of years and have had many of transactions with lots of happy customers..So let me school you on how to sell an item properly:

1. Do your research on the part you are selling. This is to make sure you price the part correctly not only to make the most for yourself but not to have to sell it out for under other parties that where in line to buy it.(this was your first mistake in selling your item)

2. When you list the price with a OBO that means you will take the asking price or less. I guess some might see OBO as meaning to offer more than your asking price but I think I have only seen two people think that..Yourself/Maddanceskills......

3. When someone responds I will take it and to send information then that means just what it says. Then when you send them that info along with a shipping quote that puts the transaction in motion. When the buyer responds with send me your PP account info and I will send funds that pretty much makes the item SOLD. Then once the payment is sent/recieved then the transaction is complete and the item is marked SOLD.....

4. After this process the part is shipped and communication is kept between the seller/buyer until the part is recieved and both parties are happy.....

So far you have failed at selling 101 by listing your item cheaper than you should have....then selling it to someone who offered more money than what you wanted even though you had a buyer ready to pay. Then to wrap it up making up some BS to try to make it sound like you did nothing SHADY and that all is well.....

Good luck selling other parts on the Forum and be sure to use the above info to keep you from screwing other people out of parts.....
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

The only way I could see the seller being shady, would be if he ACCEPTED one of your offers (receive payment or not); then backed out and took someone else’s higher offer...

This is exactly what he did...I said I would take it, I asked for payment information, he sent me this PM at 2:29 am:

"""Hello you asked me about my intercooler in this forum.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...054166.html#lastpost

Yes everything is available in the pictures that I took today and posted about.

A quick look for UPS ground ship is $25.00 to texas

let me know what you would like to do. "

I replied once I got up and checked my PMs with send me PP info and I will send payment once I got info....Then between the time he sent me the PM and I replied he got a higher offer and SOLD it out from under me. I don't think I could have done anything different to insure the buyer I was actaully serious about buying the item....This is just my side but Revin was already making a transaction with the guy when he sent me the PM with shipping quote so what does that tell you.....If the guy wanted an auction then he should have said he was taking offers till a set date then went with what was the highest offer....

But hey it is his part and he can be a SHADY seller if he wants or he can even throw it in the garbage.......
FXRseen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FXRseenSend a Private Message to FXRseenDirect Link to This Post
Wow this could go on forever.

Nice info I'll keep it in mind. But I didn't need to do much research, I knew how much the part is worth and wanted to make a quick sale. One that I didn't have to bother with much. I don't sell as much as you do its true nether do I want to mess with it. Thats why I priced it the way I did.

I think you hit it on the button here.
"I replied once I got up and checked my PMs with send me PP info and I will send payment once I got info."

I had already received a reply from someone else to buy it. Meaning it already sold you were to late. No hard feelings just a transaction being made while you were doing something else.

MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
OBO - Or Best Offer
OBOOLVTWIWA - Or Best Offer Of Lesser Value Than What I Was Asking

I can see how some might think that "WTT" would mean "Want to trade for items of lesser value", but that's not what the acronym stands for, it stands for "Want to trade". You can't just go through life assuming everybody else agrees with your definitions of things and expect to have no misunderstandings with people. And the real point is, even if you disagree with me about what OBO means, you still shouldn't assume everyone else does too. I think this type of discussion is good, because maybe some of the people that read this will realize people don't all share the same set of definitions as you do.

Take "Mint condition" as an example. "Mint condition" specifically means new condition, unused, 100 percent the same as it came from the factory. It's kind of weird...now that I think about it, I don't think any of the used stuff I've ever bought that people said was in mint condition really was in mint condition...those lying bastards!!! I'm going to track them all down and call them shady because they disagree with my definition of "Mint condition". That doesn't make any sense either, does it?

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

This is exactly what he did...I said I would take it, I asked for payment information, he sent me this PM at 2:29 am:

Uh...that's not exactly what he did. YOU accepted his offer, he didn't accept yours. Show me a PM from him that says "It's yours, I accept your offer". No, not "You're first in line", that doesn't count in the OBO game, that just means you're in the lead. Once again, you're making an assumption you shouldn't be in believing the seller has to consider something sold just because you said "I'll take it". Not everyone thinks exactly like you do. I hate to sound like a whiny hippy, because that's what i think I sound like right now, but I guess that's one thing I agree with the whiny hippies about. I wish all of the world's definitions of everything would be the same, it sure would make things a lot easier, but unfortunately, that's not the case.

Mstangsbware - I really do almost always agree with you when you call BS on other people you disagree with, and I admire the fact that you're able to do it so openly, not many people have the courage. I hope you won't take offense to it when I do the same once. I think you're just irritated you had something slip through your fingers. If you had gone to the gas station and set the last pack they had of your favorite bubble gum on the counter while you ran out to your car to get some money, and some kid walked in and bought it before you did when they saw it laying there, you probably wouldn't be this irritated even though the bubble gum was not even "OBO" which makes that offense even worse...man up and quit yer bitchin.

[This message has been edited by MadDanceSkillz (edited 10-19-2010).]

ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyDirect Link to This Post
IMO the first to respond should get dibbs on a posting like this.
If you want a "Best Offer" you should make it a auction.
It avoids all this crap.

BTW that price for this setup is nuts.. I sold my IC setup for $600 and I thought that was cheap...
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
First words in my post(pm) to him .........I will take it. That should have sealed the deal right there. I know how selling something works. I also know how greedy someone can get when a higher offer is made. I made a offer, he counter offered with his bottom line price. I came back with a ok to his counter offer (asking price of $250) How does that make me "not understand selling stuff"? He went with a higher offer that I never had a chance to counter offer that price? I would have gone up to $400 for the thing if there was a higher price being shoved around. But there was not.
I guess that was not good enough for him to understand. Sure I asked for a lower price, O.B.O=or best offer. I made a offer( which doesn't mean that is my final price, it fell under OBO) as well as I asked for his paypal info in the same post. Yet he felt he had to sell to someone else.

Pissed? Sure I am. Will I let it get to me? NO. this is not the first time someone has been screwy on here when selling. Bet it won't be the last.

I am done here. I don't care either way on this. Buyer beware of this shady guy is all I am thinking to myself. ya'll think what you want.

But Hey thanks for all that felt they had to chime in on this. Why, I don't know...

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 10-19-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Wow this could go on forever.

Nice info I'll keep it in mind. But I didn't need to do much research, I knew how much the part is worth and wanted to make a quick sale. One that I didn't have to bother with much. I don't sell as much as you do its true nether do I want to mess with it. Thats why I priced it the way I did.

I think you hit it on the button here.
"I replied once I got up and checked my PMs with send me PP info and I will send payment once I got info."

I had already received a reply from someone else to buy it. Meaning it already sold you were to late. No hard feelings just a transaction being made while you were doing something else.

Doing something else....yeah I was sleeping...U sent the PM @ 2:29 am and I replied when I got up that morning....This comment is just another lame excuse to try and make it sound like you did nothng wrong......

Just admit you are a greedy seller that turned SHADY when someone offered up more money....
86GT3.4DOHC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post

Both of you offered less than I had posted and that was fine, I was taking that into consideration sense I didn't have a feel for how much the item is worth.

You tried to lowball him then got upset when he accepted an offer that was closer or better to what he was asking?
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

First words in my post(pm) to him .........I will take it. That should have sealed the deal right there. I know how selling something works. I also know how greedy someone can get when a higher offer is made. I made a offer, he counter offered with his bottom line price. I came back with a ok to his counter offer (asking price of $250) How does that make me "not understand selling stuff"? He went with a higher offer that I never had a chance to counter offer that price? I would have gone up to $400 for the thing if there was a higher price being shoved around. But there was not.
I guess that was not good enough for him to understand. Sure I asked for a lower price, O.B.O=or best offer. I made a offer( which doesn't mean that is my final price, it fell under OBO) as well as I asked for his paypal info in the same post. Yet he felt he had to sell to someone else.

Pissed? Sure I am. Will I let it get to me? NO. this is not the first time someone has been screwy on here when selling. Bet it won't be the last.

I am done here. I don't care either way on this. Buyer beware of this shady guy is all I am thinking to myself. ya'll think what you want.

But Hey thanks for all that felt they had to chime in on this. Why, I don't know...

I do see your point, a lil... But its still his part to do with as he likes...
IMO, the seller should have made known what the higher offer was... Sounds like he could have gotten twice is asking price if he had dun so
You call him "shady", which I think is a bit unfair... I would hazard a guess, if this person had another SC IC for sale, you would be hitting him up quick w/ another offer? I know I would
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Madanceskillz, I don`t know where you get your information but a set price, in this case 250.00 or best offer (meaning the best offer up to 250.00) is the way it`s been done for years.
I guess there should be a disclaimer that reads: In case I`m a dumba** and have listed this part too cheap I reserve the right to go back on my word and take an offer of more money.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Madanceskillz, I don`t know where you get your information but a set price, in this case 250.00 or best offer (meaning the best offer up to 250.00) is the way it`s been done for years.
I guess there should be a disclaimer that reads: In case I`m a dumba** and have listed this part too cheap I reserve the right to go back on my word and take an offer of more money.

I was going to respond to Madanceskills' reply but being in the short time he has been around he has had more complaints from selling parts that I have ever had in the whole time I have been on the Forum....I think him as SLIM SHADY have the same ETHICS>......
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

I was going to respond to Madanceskills' reply but being in the short time he has been around he has had more complaints from selling parts that I have ever had in the whole time I have been on the Forum....I think him as SLIM SHADY have the same ETHICS>......

You can comment on his ethics all you want, but I see nowhere that he screwed or mislead any one he has dun business with! Do you dislike him because he scouped up something you wanted?
Many ppl have many different methods of buying and selling parts. IMO, Calling someone shady because you do not agree with them is unfair...
Bottom line is the seller wanted to sell what he sold to whom he sold it to
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
This is the trouble with some people today, your word doesn`t mean s***.
If you read the whole post above you would see where Stephen says, if all that is pictured comes with it I will pay 250.00.
Send me the payment info.
And the seller responds, you are first in line.
Not, you are first in line unless someone offers me more than the set selling price.
Interpretation doesn`t mean a thing in the case of "OBO"
It means you are setting a price and if it doesn`t sell for that price, then you will take the best offer, otherwise, as stated above it is an auction.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 10-20-2010).]

Turkey on Rye

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Turkey on RyeSend a Private Message to Turkey on RyeDirect Link to This Post
I'll give you $275 for it
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

This is the trouble with some people today, your word doesn`t mean s***.
If you read the whole post above you would see where Stephen says, if all that is pictured comes with it I will pay 250.00.
Send me the payment info.
And the seller responds, you are first in line.
Not, you are first in line unless someone offers me more than the set selling price.
Interpretation doesn`t mean a thing in the case of "OBO"
It means you are setting a price and if it doesn`t sell for that price, then you will take the best offer, otherwise, as stated above it is an auction.

So if your selling your home and have it on the market for $300,000 and someone comes along and offers you $315,000; would you feel the same way? Even though I offer you your asking price...

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 10-20-2010).]

ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

ALJR

3765 posts
Member since Jul 2009

Originally posted by Turkey on Rye:

I'll give you $275 for it

I would have offered $350.00
PFF
System Bot
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
I agree with the ones who think $250 or best offer means you will take $250 for your item, If no one wants to pay $250 you will take the best offer you get. If the seller wanted more than $250 he should of said I will take offers of $250 or more......Best offer gets the item.
Since the seller had 2 people in line at $250 if he got a better offer he should of at least offered to sell it to the first to respond for the better offers price........ but that's just my opinion.
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Anybody notice how everybody who has a big serious problem with this is from Texas? It's heart-warming to see such loyalty, seriously. Makes me miss living in Arkansas, where people would blindly stand up for you whether you were right or wrong just because you were their neighbor.

I'm not even going to respond. I forgot you're far wiser than I, and have been receiving negative ratings in the same proportion as I for many moons, while I have only been here a meager 2 years or so, while we both maintain a 100 percent positive feedback rating. I won't attack your character or say "I think him as SLIM SHADY" (What does that even mean...?) because frankly, I'm not a whiny pansy, and I don't resort to character insults when I'm in an argument. You'd be a good politician, Stephen. Seriously, I know you don't like me and have demonstrated that on many occasions here and other places, but I've never done the same to you, and this is the first time I think I've publicly disagreed with you though I've kept my mouth shut for a long time out of respect. Even though I've publicly disagreed with you here, I did it in a respectful and careful manner doing my best to avoid insulting you, even commenting this was all just because you're pissed at the moment because you lost out on something you wanted and giving you the benefit of the doubt. Keep insulting me instead of addressing the questions at hand, you're just making yourself look like a jackass.

By the way, how are my ethics shady when I hold other people to the same standard? I never bitched when things were sold out from under me on here, have I? Can anyone think of one occasion? Shady ethics are present when you think you're above ethics and don't play by your own rules.

I can assure you, your understanding of "OBO" is far from universally accepted. I got my definition of OBO from the real world, not a golden plate I dug up somewhere and won't show anybody. I am 19, many of you are 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, and 70. I grew up in a different society than most of you did. I do not mean "You're all old codgers" by that, and I'm definitely not a typical 19 year old. We grew up in different societies and parts of the country, when things and where things are not the same as they are here and now. In the place I live, Indianapolis, IN, at this moment, Stephen's idea of what OBO means is not held true. Go ahead and and believe OBO means "Or best offer of lesser value" and do business on Craigslist around here. See how many people will blatantly sell from under you unless you pin them down with their own words in a very direct manner. That's the norm by a large portion here, and if you don't realize it and understand it, you miss out on a lot of opportunities and deals.

So if your selling your home and have it on the market for $300,000 and someone comes along and offers you $315,000; would you feel the same way? Even though I offer you your asking price...

That's a good point, Al, but it won't be addressed, you'll just be insulted or the discussion will be spun off in another direction. I've already tried to ask similar questions and they've gone unanswered, of course.

The. Seller. Dictates. The. Terms. Of. Sale. Whether. You. Like. It. Or. Not.
The. End.

I'll say it a second time...Man up and quit yer bitchin'. I don't remember Texans whining this much back when I lived in Mena. Ready to be a big boy and let it go?

[This message has been edited by MadDanceSkillz (edited 10-20-2010).]

DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

I would at least give you a chance to match the offer before I sold it out. I guess it all in the way you interpret the term $250 OBO. House's aren't offered for sale for $250,000 OBO and they do sometimes have more than one person interested in them. Owner do get offers of more than their asking price, but all parties interested get a chance to match or beat the others price before it's sold.

edited to add

I looked the tern what does OBO mean, some of the answers it gave was

It means Or Best Offer. Basically they will take less than the asking price and be willing to negotiate price.

O.B.O is an abbreviation for Or Best Offer, meaning that you can feel free to try and negotiate a better price than what the seller says.

When you see "asking price" or the term "OBO", or "or best offer", basically that's the seller telling you that he or she is willing to deal, that the price that they've stated there in the ad is not necessarily firm, that there's room for negotiation.

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 10-20-2010).]

MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

I would have at least give you a chance to match the offer before I sold it out. I guess it all in the way you interpret the term $250 OBO. House's aren't offered for sale for $250,000 OBO and they do sometimes have more than one person interested in them. Owner do get offers of more than their asking price, but all parties interested get a chance to match or beat the others price before it's sold.

If houses aren't sold OBO and you entertain higher offers, isn't that worse than what the seller did here? Keep in mind I don't think the seller did anything wrong, so I'm not saying you would be doing anything wrong if you were in a scenario like you just described, just giving some more perspective. I don't think it's fair to only disagree with the meaning of OBO in one specific case or area because it's convenient for you, something people seem to do a lot of the time.
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadDanceSkillz:

If houses aren't sold OBO and you entertain higher offers, isn't that worse than what the seller did here? Keep in mind I don't think the seller did anything wrong, so I'm not saying you would be doing anything wrong if you were in a scenario like you just described, just giving some more perspective. I don't think it's fair to only disagree with the meaning of OBO in one specific case or area because it's convenient for you, something people seem to do a lot of the time.

I edited my post above to include what several search sites define the term OBO

There is nothing wrong with getting more for your item than you ask.......bidding wars do happen if more than one person wants something. more power to him for getting more that he was asking. I just think he should have at least given the first to offer to buy a chance to meet the higher price he was offered. No one tried to low ball him, he was offered his asking price. And I'm not from Texas but I agree with what OBO means

MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
One of those is from yahoo answers, I also looked it up on Google.

http://www.markswatson.com/bushac.htm - A web page claiming George Bush is the anti-Christ. Everybody here agrees with that because the internet says it, right? (Pretty hilarious read, but he's dead serious)

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obo

The dictionary says it means "Or best offer.", not or best offer of lesser value than asking price.

Not trying to be disrespectful or come across as I'm yelling "You're wrong" in your face, that's not what I'm doing, I'm just voicing my opinion as you are.
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

MadDanceSkillz

2591 posts
Member since Jan 2009

Originally posted by DL10:

I edited my post above to include what several search sites define the term OBO

There is nothing wrong with getting more for your item than you ask.......bidding wars do happen if more than one person wants something. more power to him for getting more that he was asking. I just think he should have at least given the first to offer to buy a chance to meet the higher price he was offered.

Yes, I agree, that may have been an unwise decision.

And I don't think everybody from Texas thinks alike. I've been to Austin...didn't expect all the hippies there! (Definitely NOT saying all Texans are hippies )

EDIT: Whoops, this was supposed to go at the end of the previous post. Sorry for the "Double Post"

[This message has been edited by MadDanceSkillz (edited 10-20-2010).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Texas has nothing to do with it.
I can state my own opinion without any loyalty to anybody.
I would tell you to man up Maddanceskillz but you`re obviously too immature to do it.
Besides, part of being a man is being a man of your word.
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

Texas has nothing to do with it.
I can state my own opinion without any loyalty to anybody.
I would tell you to man up Maddanceskillz but you`re obviously too immature to do it.
Besides, part of being a man is being a man of your word.

Anybody else want to insult me instead of addressing the argument against their opinion?

If being a real man entails not standing behind what I say and trying to circumvent criticism with baseless insults, the definition of a "man" has fallen pretty far and illustrates once again that people don't always believe a word to mean the same thing you do.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock