Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  There Here.... Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Decals / Dash Plaques (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
There Here.... Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Decals / Dash Plaques by GTGeff
Started on: 07-15-2010 10:22 PM
Replies: 50
Last post by: GTGeff on 08-02-2010 09:48 PM
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
Two designs to choose from: Black on Yellow background, Yellow on Black background with embossed chrome Pegasus

Close up mounted in front nose bezel and on front bumper. (Notice the cracks in the paint. )

Another view.

Close up mounted on B-Pillar glass.

Another view.

High-gloss urethane decals for the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show. The actual size was designed to match and fit into the Fiero nose emblem plastic bezel. Size measures approximately 2.066" x 2.625". Material starts with a 3M base bright chrome polyester and 3M adhesive for applying pretty much to anything as long as the surface is clean and dry. The material is printed and than poured with a automotive industry grade urethane. THESE "STICKERS" WILL BE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY OEM QUALITY. The urethane has UV inhibitors to reduce fading in the sun and chemically resistant. They have passed the automotive industry 10-year life-cycle testing. Think of the original Fiero urethane namplates.

Price is $5.00 a piece and includes US Mail shipping only. I will accept PAYPAL, Personal Checks, or cash if you feel you can trust the mail. Those coming to the show who had expressed interest can also pick them up for immediate gratification. E-mail me for further instructions and questions.

Or feel free to ask questions here.

Thanks,
Jeff

Please note the high gloss finish made them difficult to photograph.

[This message has been edited by GTGeff (edited 07-15-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
2 of each please.

What's your paypal account name?
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I have seen the emblems that Jeff's company turns out... They are absolutely phenomenal quality, and will last years and years.

I'd suggest if paying by paypal to Jeff please include a little on top of the 5 dollar per in order to help offset the paypal fees.. You don't have to, but I'd recommend it.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 07-15-2010).]

RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
You can count me in for at least two. Are you bringing them with for the weekend or do I need to send you money before?

Fred
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

2 of each please.

What's your paypal account name?

PM sent.

Thank you for your order.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
5 of each. May have the funds at the meeting. We'll see how that works out. I have to ship boxes.. So please bring em with.
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

You can count me in for at least two. Are you bringing them with for the weekend or do I need to send you money before?

Fred

I will be bringing plenty to the show. I would prefer to hand them to you in person. I will also be selling them there. Any design preference? Both Black, Yellow, or mix?

Thanks Fred

Jeff
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

GTGeff

2031 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by Synthesis:

5 of each. May have the funds at the meeting. We'll see how that works out. I have to ship boxes.. So please bring em with.

I will be bringing parts to the MFF Meeting on Monday for you and any one else.

Thank you for your order

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
I'll take 2 of the black ones!

They look great Jeff! Thanks much for doing this!

Kevin

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd,Steel Wheels
1986 Fiero Base Coupe 5spd..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I'll take 2 as well. ill paypal tomorrow.
fierodude1979

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2010 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodude1979Send a Private Message to fierodude1979Direct Link to This Post
you should make the same thing and put never2olds name in it please
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierodude1979:

you should make the same thing and put never2olds name in it please

These require that custom tooling dies be made, to the tune of approximately 1500+ dollars. I am sure Jeff would be willing to work with you on something like that, but you would need to finance it.

</3 Cliff.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Jeff I'll take two of each ... can you please send Paypal payment request to helenedanyel(at)hotmail(dot)com plus shipping to Levis, Quebec. Canada, G6V9T6
THX
Danyel

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

fierodude1979

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2010 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodude1979Send a Private Message to fierodude1979Direct Link to This Post
i will make my own lol for that price
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:
I will be bringing plenty to the show. I would prefer to hand them to you in person. I will also be selling them there. Any design preference? Both Black, Yellow, or mix?

One of each for my permanent archives and one of each for Annette. Then we will see what you have left after the weekend. $5 each seems absurdly cheap for OEM quality. GM wanted over $34 for an emblem insert when the where available.

See you soon,
Fred
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2010 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I would like one of each. Maybe I missed it, but I looked for your PayPal, and could not find it in this thread?

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 07-16-2010).]

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
one of each.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
How long will these be available? I may not have the funds until next week.

Brad
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Jeff I'll take two of each ... can you please send Paypal payment request to helenedanyel(at)hotmail(dot)com plus shipping to Levis, Quebec. Canada, G6V9T6
THX
Danyel

Danyel,

Have I missed something? I thought you and the Black Widow were going to be in attendence at the Show. If so, I would prefer to hand them over to you in person for cash ( Good ole US Dollars ). If not, I will set some aside and have to get a postage rate to get them to you.

I will get back to you.
Thanks,
Jeff
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

GTGeff

2031 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by twofatguys:

How long will these be available? I may not have the funds until next week.

Brad

Brad,

Until they sell out. I had to buy a lot to make the price work out and I really don't anticipate selling out. I hope they do, but I am just trying to break even.

I can set one or a couple aside if you wish. Black, Yellow, or mix?

Jeff
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

I have seen the emblems that Jeff's company turns out... They are absolutely phenomenal quality, and will last years and years.

I'd suggest if paying by paypal to Jeff please include a little on top of the 5 dollar per in order to help offset the paypal fees.. You don't have to, but I'd recommend it.

Isn't there a way on Pay Pal you can mark it as a "gift" so fees don't apply?

I want a one for my red Mera please. I just need to decide on a color. My interior is Beechwood and I want to install it on the dash map pocket. Black or yellow.......hmmm
PFF
System Bot
freedom0226

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Direct Link to This Post
ill take a black one. but what is your paypal please. ????

------------------
1988 v6 t top black

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I'll take 2 as well. ill paypal tomorrow.

PM sent. Please confirm mailing address and color(s).

Thanks,
Jeff
stickpony

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickponyClick Here to visit stickpony's HomePageSend a Private Message to stickponyDirect Link to This Post
do the proceeds of the sales of the decals go to anything in particular?
DrRodey

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrRodeyClick Here to visit DrRodey's HomePageSend a Private Message to DrRodeyDirect Link to This Post
I'll pre-order one of the black ones to be paid for in cash and picked up at the show on Sat if that's ok?
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
PM sent for a black badge. Please send Pay Pal info
GTMN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNDirect Link to This Post
I would like one of each. can I pay you and pick them up at the show, please!
Thanks,
Mark
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Jeff, you can count me in for two as well. BEAUTIFUL!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

E-mail me for further instructions and questions.

Or feel free to ask questions here.

Thanks,
Jeff

Ok, you say to email you, but you do not have an email set up on Pennock's At least there is no email link at the top of your messages.

I will take 2, one black, and one yellow. I can pick them up at the show on Saturday. I can PayPal you the money now, but again, there is no email address anywhere in this thread. Please email me with your PP email address at JohnWPB at my gmail.com address.
Thanks!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-19-2010).]

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
Ok, you say to email you, but you do not have an email set up on Pennock's At least there is no email link at the top of your messages.

I will take 2, one black, and one yellow. I can pick them up at the show on Saturday. I can PayPal you the money now, but again, there is no email address anywhere in this thread. Please email me with your PP email address at JohnWPB at my gmail.com address.
Thanks!

Sorry I meant PM me.

I will set two a side for you. I would actually prefer that you buy and pickup next weekend in person at the Show, with Cash. No shipping hassles or Paypal fees to deal with.

Thank you,
Jeff

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-19-2010 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Monies sent for one of each please.

What a valuable member of this community you are GTGEFF. Thanks for your kindness...

Tony
PFF
System Bot
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Monies sent for one of each please.

What a valuable member of this community you are GTGEFF. Thanks for your kindness...

Tony

I appreciate the comments. Funds received. Please advise mailing address throught PM. I have nothing with an address.

Thanks for your order.
Jeff
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
BIG Bump to the top.

I purchased several of these last night, and I am beyond impressed with the quality.

These are made using a 3M metallized backer, then stamped in a die set that embosses the Pegasus, giving it a 3D "pop" from the backer. VERY noticeable with the Chrome on Black, and more subtle with the Black on Yellow.

Then, a layer of automotive grade Urethane is laid over the top, protecting the surface of the decal, giving it a very lustrous high gloss appearance, and providing a very rugged, UV resistant surface that still flexes to fit mild contours.

This is NOT a sticker. The Urethane is domed over the top, making these just a hair shy of 1/8" of an inch thick. These are identical, if not better quality than the stock nose emblems on the Fiero, and they fit in the emblem backer.

The back is a very high strength 3M adhesive. Once fixed to a properly cleaned surface, you will not remove these easily.

Jeff had removed the emblem from the front of his white 88 and replaced the urethane insert with one of these. It looks amazing, and the quality is out of this world.

I can't stress this enough guys and gals.. Buying 2 just doesn't cut it. You really need to pick up a handful of these. At 5 bucks each, you can easily afford it.

A comparable quality emblem purchased from a dealership would set you back between 30-80 dollars.

Also, as a reminder, by buying these and helping Jeff recoup his costs, you are also helping to spread the word about the show, about the Project, and helping the Cancer Research Center.

PS: When I say "Several" I mean I purchased 10, and plan to grab a few more and give them to friends and family to display. They don't HAVE to go on the car. You can affix them to a motorcycle, your house window, your computer, etc etc. These will go anywhere you have a smooth clean surface.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 07-20-2010).]

gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
I'll take one of each please. (1 yellow, 1 black)
send me a paypal invoice at goten@wi.rr.com
Thanks!!

------------------
F.I.E.R.O. - Fantastically Imaginative Engineering Racing Object

For any Paint Work: http://www.kurtcarloni.com/
www.fquick.com/GTXBULLET
Certified Tech/Mechanic (Restorations, Modifications, and Maintenence)
1985 Fiero GT 69k Miles (All Options) - Daily Driver
1988 FIERO Coupe "IRON DUKE" 5-Speed (the show car ;-)
1992 Firebird T-Tops V-8 30k original miles(collectors car)

freedom0226

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Direct Link to This Post
payment sent... black on my black t top
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

BIG Bump to the top.

I purchased several of these last night, and I am beyond impressed with the quality.

These are made using a 3M metallized backer, then stamped in a die set that embosses the Pegasus, giving it a 3D "pop" from the backer. VERY noticeable with the Chrome on Black, and more subtle with the Black on Yellow.

Then, a layer of automotive grade Urethane is laid over the top, protecting the surface of the decal, giving it a very lustrous high gloss appearance, and providing a very rugged, UV resistant surface that still flexes to fit mild contours.

This is NOT a sticker. The Urethane is domed over the top, making these just a hair shy of 1/8" of an inch thick. These are identical, if not better quality than the stock nose emblems on the Fiero, and they fit in the emblem backer.

The back is a very high strength 3M adhesive. Once fixed to a properly cleaned surface, you will not remove these easily.

Jeff had removed the emblem from the front of his white 88 and replaced the urethane insert with one of these. It looks amazing, and the quality is out of this world.

I can't stress this enough guys and gals.. Buying 2 just doesn't cut it. You really need to pick up a handful of these. At 5 bucks each, you can easily afford it.

A comparable quality emblem purchased from a dealership would set you back between 30-80 dollars.

Also, as a reminder, by buying these and helping Jeff recoup his costs, you are also helping to spread the word about the show, about the Project, and helping the Cancer Research Center.

PS: When I say "Several" I mean I purchased 10, and plan to grab a few more and give them to friends and family to display. They don't HAVE to go on the car. You can affix them to a motorcycle, your house window, your computer, etc etc. These will go anywhere you have a smooth clean surface.

Chris,

I really appreciate the endorsement.

However, I do want to clarify one thing. There may not be a contribution to the Roger Maris Cancer Fund, so if you are buying with that assumption, I am sorry. First and foremost, my goal is to recover as much as possible the extensive upfront expenses involved with tooling and manufacturing these parts. I am prepared to accept a loss if I come up short. I am trying to minimize it. I got what I wanted in creating a momento for myself, and others, of a very special event that I am very proud and lucky to have participated in.

It would be great If by chance I sell enough to recoup my costs and be able make an additional charity contribution, but I have a long way to go and I am not overly confident I am going to get there. I don't have to sell the entire production run, but I can always hope and pray.

Jeff
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the clarification Jeff... I was basing the loose statement off of what was said in the original thread in GFC, that if you were able to recoup your costs plus some, that a donation might be made.

Sorry I did not clarify.

The product is extremely high quality, and I have already placed two on my car.
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

I have already placed two on my car.

Pictures?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Pictures?

Forgive the car... It hasn't had a proper bath in a long time... The emblems are flawless. The car leaves a lot to be desired.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 07-21-2010).]

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
GTGeff,

WOW! They look fantastic!

I'm in for 6 of them. I will buy them from you on Friday. See you then.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock