Started on: 05-02-2010 01:28 AM
Replies: 25
Last post by: woodrow50 on 10-13-2010 01:49 PM
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

I am happy to announce that our new fiberglass Roof Scoop sunroof replacement insert is ready for production and sale!

Click here to order!

Starting price of $190 + shipping

Options for your order:
* Air Divertor Shelf
* Scoop Cut Out
* Top Finishing (Sand and Primer)

This item is a Roof Scoop for all Pontiac Fiero's from 1984 to 1988 that originally had a Sun Roof.

It will open and close just like the original Sun Roof. The scoop pulls in a nice stream of air and the noise level is about the same as having a window slightly open. Crack the driver side window and the air blows right by your head for a nice cooling affect. Also this scoop will store in the original location of your OEM sunroof glass under the hood!

This is a brand new part produced from a new mold. The Roof Scoop is a Polyester Resin laminate with a white Gel Coat top layer and four layers of fiberglass mat hand layered one at a time. Please allow between 1 and 4 weeks from order for the product to be finished and shipped.

Examples of the air divertor shelf:

The Roof Scoop comes finished in white gel coat on top and natural fiberglass on the bottom. The bottom can be painted or finished with a cloth to match the rest of the head liner. The bottom is not “smooth” and has some irregular bumps from the fiberglassing process. They can be ground or sanded away for a smoother finish. The top white gel coat finish will require some sanding then primer then more sanding etc for the smoothest painted surface.

The Roof Scoop comes with four holes drilled so you can transfer your mounting hardware from the glass Sun Roof to the Roof Scoop. The Roof Scoop will then open and close just like the Sun Roof. You will need a T25 star socket to remove and remount the hardware.

The roof scoop insert utilizes original Fiero sunroof mounting hardware including the OEM upper handle assembly of the sunroof latch. If you need to purchase more original mounting hardware, visit the Fierostore and get these replacement parts:
Part #64245 Replacement Sunroof Hardware Kit

The Roof Scoops are made one at a time and may take from one to four weeks for delivery depending on how busy the shop is at the time of the order.

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-auto.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DougC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post
God I wish I had a stock sunroof
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2010 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I know. I am a little TLG biased, but cool! Just way cool!
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Dam that's nice. I wonder if its possible to rig a door with a seal to close the vent if you choose to.
SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Oslo... Any problems with rain..?? Probably not, just throwing it out there as someone will ask that...

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E

Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DougC:

God I wish I had a stock sunroof

x2

La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful and functional!!!! I'll be getting one of them.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

Looks good Oslo... Any problems with rain..?? Probably not, just throwing it out there as someone will ask that...

No problems with rain because if it's going to rain, pull over quick and throw your OEM sunroof glass back onto the car. They are completely interchangeable. As long as you have a latch and hardware on your glass and a latch and hardware on your roof scoop you're good to go!
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
as cool as this looks i gotta say im super happy NONE of my fiero's have sunroofs just another thing to leak, just ask my t-top fiero, if it has seals in the roof, its going to leak

matthew
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

as cool as this looks i gotta say im super happy NONE of my fiero's have sunroofs just another thing to leak, just ask my t-top fiero, if it has seals in the roof, its going to leak

matthew

Oh come on now, lol! I have an OEM sunroof Fiero and it doesn't leak at all. it's just a matter of taking care of your things. When the rubber seals get old, replace them. Good as new!!
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
ttt
PFF
System Bot
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
me likey
oh well, my 88 has no sun roof...lol
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
TTT - This is one of my favorite aftermarket Fiero products ever!!
Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post
Now for the next couple questions...

How about a rear facing scoop? Something to draw the air out.

Any thoughts about a solid panel without a scoop?

------------------
Competition Yellow 84 2.5 Bone stock right down to electrical gremlins.
87 328 GTB replica.

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Either of those could be done, however it would need to be a group order/pre-pay situation.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. A solid one with a gasket on it would be cool. It would give you a hardtop or open air...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Weighing in at a mere 7lbs this is the perfect "TRUE" performance modification! Save weight by not having the glass in the car, and no need to use or have air conditioning!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:

Oh come on now, lol! I have an OEM sunroof Fiero and it doesn't leak at all. it's just a matter of taking care of your things. When the rubber seals get old, replace them. Good as new!!

On the conterary. I took my fiero through an actual touchless car wash the other day and it was one i had to ride through it.........you can imagin what happend next...

none the less excelent product.... I dont have any of your products on my car but this could be one of the 1st.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
I like this product but I would be one that would be intrested in one without the scoop in there. I hate my sunroof in my cars. I have made my own sunshade and its been in the car for two years and still have not removed it. The roof is in a bad place. when you are in a newer car the roof is set back so your head is not getting pounded by the sun.

Great product! Get a solid one going and I am in.

------------------
1984 Indy Pace car #64 Parade car #4 1985 Fiero GT 4speed
1986 Fiero GT 1997 Supercharged GTP
2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

TheRealShadowX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtxbullet:

me likey
oh well, my 88 has no sun roof...lol

Hmmm... But my GT does!

------------------
"He took my stapler. I could burn this building down."

PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2010 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
if only i wont poor...someday...shameless bump =)

------------------
Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.
#12 NYFOC Member
In recent times, the custom aftermarket car/automobile roadwheel has become a status symbol. These wheels are often incorrectly referred to as "rims". The term "rim" is incorrect because the rim is only the outer portion of a wheel (where the tire is mounted )

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
To The Top!!!
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Thomas check your PM...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 10-12-2010).]

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for that PM

Tom

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

woodrow50

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Direct Link to This Post
Sharp looking panel and scoop. It would be a hassle, though, stopping to swap-in the sun roof everytime you got stuck in the rain. Has the the panel been tested for being water proof - like with a garden hose? If the overal panel seals so that it is relatively leakproof, a snuggly fiiting piece of fleible foam would likely seal off the scoop opening (as stated in your order ad). That way the panel could stay installed more permanently, as in any weather. Has the panel been tested for leaks? Apologies for asking a seemingly obvious question- just checking before I spend $240.
I

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock