Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  '88 Parts for sale (cradle included...) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
'88 Parts for sale (cradle included...) by fieroboom
Started on: 09-18-2009 10:13 AM
Replies: 76
Last post by: wisn on 11-06-2009 06:06 PM
fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I'm getting rid of both the Fieros I have, since neither of them are in running condition, and I'm tired of looking at unfinished projects, so I'm gonna try to sell a few parts before they go to the yard... The Formula was partially stripped when i got it, so there's virtually no interior except the seats, and the ECM is gone.

Here's what I have already off the '88 Formula, all prices are OBO:
- Rear struts/springs $30 + shipping
- A/C Compressor $40 + shipping (the entire A/C system was replaced about a year before I got it)
- Other A/C parts (Drier, Condenser, Evaporator) $30 + shipping
- Radiator $20 + shipping (haven't inspected it closely for damage, but should be ok... inquire for pics/info)
- Sunroof glass with clips & latch $40 + shipping

If you need another '88 part, ask me and I might have it.
I also have the rear defrost glass from an '86 SE, $30 + shipping

The '85 Coupe I have is complete, but the interior isn't going to be worth much... All the console pieces are edge-warped, and the headliner is completely trashed.
I also have a set of gray lace wheels, $100...? Make an offer...

I need to move these parts very quickly, b/c it's going to the yard @ 5pm today, so if you think you want it, tell me asap so I can set it aside.
Thanks.
-Paul

------------------

[This message has been edited by fieroboom (edited 10-08-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mid engine monsters

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
what shape are the seats in and color ,std shift pedal assembly ? 5spd shifter stuff ?

[This message has been edited by mid engine monsters (edited 09-18-2009).]

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mid engine monsters:

what shape are the seats in and color

in the Formula: Light gray, and honestly, probably not good shape...
in the Coupe: also Light gray, and I think they're in good shape...

However, I'll check when I get home, and snap some pics for you.
mid engine monsters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
wow that was fast ,i didnt have time to edit my message
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

wow that was fast ,i didnt have time to edit my message

I said I needed to move em fast!

Regarding the shifter stuff, they're both manuals... and I'm pretty sure the Coupe is a 5sp. The Formula is missing the shift cables, but the pedal assemblies are still in place. I also have a 5sp shifter that came out of the '86 SE if you need that. If you need a complete 5sp swapover kit, I should be able to come up with everything you need... Maybe $60 + shipping... Tell me exactly what you need, and what you wanna pay (within reason).
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
I wish shipping wasn't so high on cradle. Still got the dot matrix stuff?
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

I wish shipping wasn't so high on cradle. Still got the dot matrix stuff?

Dot matrix? As in sail panels? Neither of these are GT... The '88 is a Formula (notchie), and the '85 is a Coupe (also notchie). I'm assuming that's what you're referring to... or am I missing something?

EDIT: What's it cost to ship a cradle? I don't even know... If you know what it'll cost approximately, I might be able to work with you on it.

[This message has been edited by fieroboom (edited 09-18-2009).]

mid engine monsters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
will you be around this weekend ,i would like a pair of seats and the 5 spd swap stuff and i can come get it ,maybe more with a deal....i do love a good deal and you wont have to hassle with the shipping
mid engine monsters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post

mid engine monsters

754 posts
Member since May 2009
paul ,hes talking the dot matrix gauge surronds and shift surrounds
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

will you be around this weekend ,i would like a pair of seats and the 5 spd swap stuff and i can come get it ,maybe more with a deal....i do love a good deal and you wont have to hassle with the shipping

Yeah, I'll be around, but you need to tell me exactly what you want, because after today, they're gone... So far, you want a 5sp setup, and a pair of seats... If there's anything else you can think of that you might want, let me know now, and I'll put it aside.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

fieroboom

2132 posts
Member since Oct 2008

Oh, not that I know of... Like I said earlier, the Formula's interior was stripped when I got it, and AFAIK, the Coupe is just the plain 'ole gray stuff...
PFF
System Bot
mid engine monsters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
on the 88 cradle ,do you have the knuckles and control arms and all
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Paul, PM sent
D.
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post
hey paul,
i came by yesterday but your ?gf/fiancee/wife? told me that you had left to take the black formula to pull-a-apart...i tried calling before just dropping in but did not get an answer...do you still have it? i'm needing to get the plastic "skeleton" for the middle console if you got it and if it's in good shape. thanks
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

on the 88 cradle ,do you have the knuckles and control arms and all

Yes, I have them.
EDIT: In fact, the transmission & halfshafts are still on it...

labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post

nope..they are not in the car anymore.....in fact, if it's the same forumla..and i do believe it is...i got them from the previous owner...

also robby, did i give you that black gas tank door assembly with that 86GT....it was in a box...anyway, i bought it for the GT but it came off of the black formula that boom has/had....bought it form the previous owner as well

[This message has been edited by labbe001 (edited 09-18-2009).]

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by labbe001:

hey paul,
i came by yesterday but your ?gf/fiancee/wife? told me that you had left to take the black formula to pull-a-apart...i tried calling before just dropping in but did not get an answer...do you still have it? i'm needing to get the plastic "skeleton" for the middle console if you got it and if it's in good shape. thanks

David, I didn't get to sell it yesterday because it doesn't have a title. They told me on the phone 10 yrs & older didn't need a title, then it was different when I got there, so yeah, I still have it. IF the skeleton is even in it, it probably won't be in good shape.... They cut the sheet metal in the center console to rip out the pump & sending unit, so I'm pretty sure anything that was in the way of that is going to be pretty much trashed.
mid engine monsters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post

nope..they are not in the car anymore.....in fact, if it's the same forumla..and i do believe it is...i got them from the previous owner

hi david ,i just called you to tell you about this and you are already on it
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post

hi david ,i just called you to tell you about this and you are already on it

o, ok..i just checked my phone and got your message..thanks for the heads up....i really can't think of anything i might need other than another console skeleton but sounds like it might be better to just repair the one i got....plus by the time i get off work today, they will already be gone to the crusher/bone yard...robby, if you need me to swing by and grab some parts for you, let me know and i'll see if i can get my hands on them
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post
Oh, and to all of those asking, no, I'm not out of the game... I'm just tired of looking at Fieros I can't drive. I want to drive one so bad I can't stand it.
I found another '88 for $500 that runs & has a title, so I'm junking these 2. If I could make any money taking them to the Fiero Factory, I would, but it's a 1.5 hour drive (one way) for me, and I'd have to make two of those trips... The scrap yard is 8 miles from me, and I can get $200 each for them, so I'm trying to sell the stuff I either already have off, or stuff that's small enough that it won't make much of a weight difference. I really hate scrapping them, I really do, but there's just no other productive option.

Also, if the response keeps growing on the '88, I'll hold off taking it today, since I have some locals interested in coming this weekend, but I might need a small paypal deposit from you to ensure I'll be able to get the money this weekend, because I'm in a rush to get something on this other '88 before he sells it to someone else.
mid engine monsters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post

o, ok..i just checked my phone and got your message..thanks for the heads up....i really can't think of anything i might need other than another console skeleton but sounds like it might be better to just repair the one i got....plus by the time i get off work today, they will already be gone to the crusher/bone yard...robby, if you need me to swing by and grab some parts for you, let me know and i'll see if i can get my hands on them

cool thanks david ,im trying to work a deal ,well see,thanks for the offer and if i cant leave tomorrow i might take you up on your generous offer if you dont mind
robby
PFF
System Bot
mid engine monsters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
paul ,can i call you i have too many questions ,thanks
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

paul ,can i call you i have too many questions ,thanks

Yes, PM sent with #
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
do you only have the one 5 speed swap if you have a second one i would be intressded in ot how much
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
running with the title for 500? now I see the rush
D.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

running with the title for 500? now I see the rush
D.

Exactly...

*UPDATE*
mid engine monsters just STOLE the '88 cradle, transmission, and associated hardware (control arms, halfshafts, etc), along with a pair of seats, and all hardware necessary to swap over to a 5sp... I still have a lot of other parts, and I'll probably set them aside, take some pics, and keep trying to sell them, but let me know if anyone else wants anything... I'll make you a screaming deal (just ask mid engine monsters...)
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

fieroboom

2132 posts
Member since Oct 2008

Originally posted by engine man:

do you only have the one 5 speed swap if you have a second one i would be intressded in ot how much

I think I can get you everything except the cables... I'll need to double check, but if I'm right, how bout $40 + shipping? That price includes the master cyl, slave cyl, pedal, pedal mount, shifter assembly, slave cyl mount bracket, and cable mount bracket... oh, and the lines, if they're still in good condition and if you want them...

edited to add the shifter assembly...

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
can you find out how much to ship to 33415 West palm beach FL or give me info like size & weight so i can see how much to ship
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

can you find out how much to ship to 33415 West palm beach FL or give me info like size & weight so i can see how much to ship

USPS Parcel Post @ 15lbs to your zip is $13.49. I can't imagine it being over 15 lbs, so I'm pretty sure if you bank on $15-20 for shipping, you'll be in the ballpark; probably a little over. I might be able to stuff it all in the large flat rate box, if the shifter will fit, and that's also $13.49.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
Ok so do you use Paypal or how do you want to be paid
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Ok so do you use Paypal or how do you want to be paid

Yes, Paypal is fine, paul@grandesigns.net is the email
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
Ok i will send $60 and PM my shiping info
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Sent money and you have a PM
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Sent money and you have a PM

Money received from both engine man & mid engine monsters.
All PMs have been answered.
-Paul
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post
seats out of the 84 gone? the ones with the speakers i nthe headrest
mid engine monsters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
cha ching and pm sent
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

seats out of the 84 gone? the ones with the speakers i nthe headrest

I don't have an '84.... But I've got the '85 Coupe... I've got 2 pairs of seats, and mid engine monsters has dibbs on the nicest pair.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

fieroboom

2132 posts
Member since Oct 2008
Wow, mid engine monsters just stole the front suspension too.... Money received, I'll get you pics of your loot tonight.
-Paul
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
Ok thanks i will be looking for it at the end of next week thanks agian i just need to find a trany now to change over to the 5 speed
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock